"Catcher In The Rye" Discussion Thread

AnEskimo

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't taken the time to listen to it yet.

Is it good?

its my new favorite leak. i agree with others that say it sounds like queen with the beatles............... really like it.................... reminds me of something from UYI II

After the first listen, I must say I'm a tad disapointed. Meh, I'll go listen to it again and come back later to express my final opinion.

And AnEskimo, do you really think that solo is Bucket?? :rofl-lol:

it's lame :(

You might think its lame, but guess what? Thats the closest thing to a marketable radio friendly single he has put out yet. If you havent noticed the majority of his fanbase has grown up and the sound has kind of grown up along with them. I think it could be a hit if released as a single.

very different kinda song... sorta reminds me of yesterdays for some reason... but its just different, but DAMN! Axl proves again and again that he fuckin rocks, i mean this could be some cheesy Elton John shit, but with Axl's voice, this song is totally badass! i totally like it, i got the download, and im gonna make it a ringtone for my phone, i also have better and IRS as ringtones on my phone, and everybody keeps askin me who it is, they dont believe that its new GNR, but.... CITR, is a pretty sweet song!

Worst of the leaks by far, and I didn't think anything could be worse than IRS.

The transitions in this song are horrible, it just sounds like a bunch of clips randomly edited together. It makes "Better" sound smooth. The transition from the first verse into the chorus at about 58 seconds, sounds like crap, and then the chorus into the second verse sounds REALLY awkward. The song is just all over the place, much like "Better"

And another thing.. WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO AXL ROSE'S VOICE?!?!?!?!!? He doesn't even sound like Axl Rose, he sounds like someone impersonating Axl Rose.

Sounds like Axl.

Please remember they arent mixed and mastered so its gonna sound all over the place. The finished product will change your mind.

I like it. Its mellow and it grows on me.

no, the idea behind the song is very clear. this song follows the same formula as madagascar, the blues, and twat. it's quite boring. 1 was kinda cool, but 4? i wish bucket influenced this song more...

the book is about a million times better than the song.

well, at least it's good to hear brain again.

the piano riff is essentially the same as "home sweet home". and as lame as "fall to pieces" is, it blows this one away.