Top 10 guitar solos (Total Guitar Magazine)

jacquiat

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats stupid, Sweet Child O Mine, Pretty Tied Up, or Double Talkin Jive own PC. The people that voted need to listen to more music.

Actually that ppl that voted listen much more music than any of you. The post says that the people that voted were pro guitar players... How many of you has at least one fucking idea about how to play the guitar? I bet not much (or none). As a Amateur guitar player I can tell you that the solos on SCOM or NR aren't that complex, while the one on PC is just very hard and complete. But those 3 are all good solos, instead I'd vote for the Nightrain solo. :laugh:

As a Amateur guitar player I can tell you that the solos on SCOM or NR aren't that complex, while the one on PC is just very hard and complete. But those 3 are all good solos, instead I'd vote for the Nightrain solo. :laugh:

I keep saying (and I'm an amateur guitar player too) that You could be mine, November rain and Don't Cry solos make me feel more than the one in PC. I think the best solos are not the more complex, but the ones that make you 'feel'.

If you think the way "more complex=best solo" maybe the best solos belong to Malmsteen, Vai, Paco de Lucia or Satriani, for example.

Edited by CarlosEC

Well,i remember that like 2 years ago Rolling Stone magazine choose the solo of Sweet Child o' mine as the best solo of Rock and Roll history.. rock3

I'ts so good to see the solo of Paradise City at number 3 at TGM..

It's more complex and different..

Edited by nathalie92

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml...xportaltop.html

Led Zepplin tops guitar solo poll

(Filed: 26/03/2006)

Top 10 guitar solos

Led Zeppelin's Stairway to Heaven the been voted the best guitar solo of all time.

The anthem beat the likes of Guns N' Roses' Paradise City and Jimi Hendrix's Voodoo Child to best air guitar moment.

Despite never being released as a single, the 1971 song remains one of the most-played rock songs ever, and has been covered by everyone by artists from Dolly Parton to Rolf Harris.

Other tracks in the top 10 include The Eagles' Hotel California, Cream's Crossroads, Ozzy Osbourne's Crazy Train and Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody.

Almost 2,000 readers of Total Guitar magazine, including music teachers and professional guitarists, voted in the poll.

The magazine's editor Stephen Lawson said: "I'm not surprised that Stairway to Heaven is number one - not only is Jimmy Page's solo incredibly ballsy and a little bit flash, but it is also brilliantly structured."

Top 10 guitar solos

1) Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven

2) Van Halen - Eruption

3) Guns N' Roses - Paradise City

pls post all 10...

Well atleast that song is getting recognition, the solo in that song is magnificant. I do prefer Nightrain, but it isn't exactly comercial.

Also Stairway To Heaven is a shite solo, and an overrated song in general.

A great solo is Poison - Life Goes On, theres technique, skill and tons of emotion