Guns with a girl!

Hey, I'm the lead singer of Rocket Queen - a female fronted guns n roses tribute act based in Coventry, UK. We've been around for about a year and a half playing at student venues and local pubs n clubs, but now an agency have decided to take us on things are getting more serious! Some people may find the idea of havin a female Axl a bit strange, but it seems to work, we've always had a great reception from crowds.

Just thought I'd put up this post as a bit of free advertising, and to get some feedback.

To listen to our demo, go to http://www.rocket-queen.co.uk/

Let me know what you think! ;)

Next gig: The Kef, Aberdeen, Scotland Saturday 29th April

Edited by LolaRose

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey. Thanks for the comments :) Much appreciated and glad Sweet Child is to your liking.

For an extra special comic treat do check out the pictures from our first gig to find out what slash would look like as a skinny, pale man with glasses, a beard, an affro and a hat hanging on the side of his head at a stupid angle. (ie he'd look like a clown). Thank god for the updated costume.

Enjoy :)

Genia

Edit: Apparently no pictures on the site at the moment ... theyll return though.

Edited by Genia

Thanks everyone! Glad you like it. :D

The photos of past gigs are back up now, it was undergoing some much-needed maintenance.

So no-one thinks it strange we have a female singer?

We got a load of abuse off a guy on another band forum once cos he thought it was a 'silly gimmick' and doubtless of whether the music sounded alright or not, he said it just didnt look right so we should pretty much give it up. He was a bit of a cunt

Edited by LolaRose

Thanks everyone! Glad you like it. :D

The photos of past gigs are back up now, it was undergoing some much-needed maintenance.

So no-one thinks it strange we have a female singer?

We got a load of abuse off a guy on another band forum once cos he thought it was a 'silly gimmick' and doubtless of whether the music sounded alright or not, he said it just didnt look right so we should pretty much give it up. He was a bit of a cunt

Nah, having a female Axl makes it all the better - it's different from the other tribute bands plus it gives you a real shock when you hear a hottie like that (yep, I checked out the newest pictures - the "Metropolis" photo album :krider: ) start singing in that masculine voice for the first time :orock3

Eh, if you got your hair dyed red, that would be even better ^_^

^^^

Looks great :wub: (No, I'm not a lesbian, I just tend to seriously overuse these emoticons sometimes :lol: ) Dark red is probably my favourite hair colour on a girl :) And it'd look great with that outfit I saw you in.

Oh, is that tattoo real? Can't see it too well, but it looks cool.

I sound ditzy... :unsure: (Too late, can't sleep)

Guest Jungle Blood

Ok..your live recording welcome to the jungle sounded like shit, all because of the drummer.

he put the bassdrum on wrong places.

keep up the covering!

You jealous piece of shit!

There's always one isn't there? lol

come on then..post up an mp3 of yourself covering some GnR so that your slagging off can be justified

oh btw nameless_girl, yeah the tattoo's real :) its a gothic style angel

Edited by LolaRose

You jealous piece of shit!

There's always one isn't there? lol

come on then..post up an mp3 of yourself covering some GnR so that your slagging off can be justified

all I'm saying is, the moment you couldn't do the falsetto part in It's so Easy...it feel into the shit category ;) .......and I'm just mad at everybody who posted here 'cause not one said anything negative(there's some obvious there) that could help you better your singing.......but instead everyone went..."ooo good for you" "that was great, yay, girl power" "you're hot, you look nice".......see my point now :book:

Ok I take back the abuse. As for the falsetto part on It's so Easy, I used to find that problematic but have it covered now. They are old recordings, and I have been through a few months of classical singing lessons since then so my voice is way better than the stuff on the website, although I still think the studio tracks on the site are very good.

I was quite pleasantly surprised by the consistently positive response..so fair enough for someone to offer criticism, but asking for me to be shot and to 'stop singing and ruining the songs', im sorry but that is way out of line. From the reception I've got from hundreds of people, I know my voice isn't that bad!!

Also,you saying all everyone is doing is going on about image/girl power is false. Only one person mentions that they think I'm attractive and it's a surprise that a girl has such a masculine voice, and she is also a girl. No stupid 'girl power' shit - that stuff sickens me anyway...I personally hate all that feminist bollocks.

The rest said they liked it - no harm in that.

I find it funny that a small minority of people on forums like this just take it as an opportunity to bitch, whether it's warranted or not. Obviously you read the post and saw that no-one had been very negative so far, so you saw a prime opportunity to try and stir things up. Hope you've got your little kick now :P

Edited by LolaRose

Hope you've got your little kick now :P

I definitely did :P

As for the falsetto part on It's so Easy, I used to find that problematic but have it covered now. They are old recordings, and I have been through a few months of classical singing lessons since then so my voice is way better than the stuff on the website

Wanna hear it ;)

Obviously you read the post and saw that no-one had been very negative so far, so you saw a prime opportunity to try and stir things up

not even close, I don't get influenced by people's opinions, but that's what you think and I don't care to change it

Also,you saying all everyone is doing is going on about image/girl power is false. Only one person mentions that they think I'm attractive and it's a surprise that a girl has such a masculine voice, and she is also a girl.

Ok, but although they did not say it, all the guys(well majority) thought about your looks and being nice to you and being cool...don't you know men?

From the reception I've got from hundreds of people, I know my voice isn't that bad!!

I never said it was bad, I just said it was not appropriate for Gn'R's music... Just like Red Hot Chilli Peppers wouldn't sound right doing Guns' stuff

No stupid 'girl power' shit - that stuff sickens me anyway...I personally hate all that feminist bollocks.
I wish more girls would think like that :rolleyes:
Ok I take back the abuse,

I take back shooting you.....and shoot your cat instead :kiss: .........kidding!