Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Best Guns N' Roses song performed live

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

DV_007

DV_007

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • 15-March 06
New GnR: Sweet child & The Blues (haha okay blues doesn't excist CD but it's still awesome ;))
GnR: Don't know... KOHD maybe?
I see you standing, standing on your own. It's such a lonely place for you, for you to be.
If you need a shoulder, or if you need a friend, I'll be here standing until the bitter end.

carsonskitz

carsonskitz

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,501 posts
  • 11-September 05
i say rocket queen

rock1
SIGNATURE EDITED: PLEASE CHECK SIGNATURE GUIDELINES

koudair

koudair

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • 21-May 03

Civil War rock2 rock2

the paris 1992 performance is awesome
http://www.youtube.c.....rch=civil war

axl_rose_gnr

axl_rose_gnr

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts
  • 27-April 05
DTJ
Posted Image

Marky

Marky

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,691 posts
  • 12-February 06

what do you think is the best guns n' roses song performed live? i think it is rocketqueen, Axl hits all the right notes and gets the crowd moving

how many times has this been done

saying that, hes only a noob so i let him off

axl_rose_gnr

axl_rose_gnr

DEMI-GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts
  • 27-April 05

how many times has this been done
saying that, hes only a noob so i let him off

You can tell posts that were made by a n00b juust by looking at the title
Posted Image

jaeger

jaeger

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  • 22-January 06
Move to the fucking city!
2008-10-22 - One of the greatest days of my life. We, the fans, finally got what we wanted.

King_of_Beers

King_of_Beers

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts
  • 01-December 04

Move to the fucking city!

Great call, sums up early GNR for me, the song grooves and who'd have thought that early Guns N Roses would sound fucking cool with a horn section.

You're Crazy is a good mosh song and is better live than on record in my honest opinion

Edited by King_of_Beers, 12 April 2006 - 06:27 AM.

Posted Image

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

ssiscool

ssiscool

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 17,128 posts
  • 17-May 05
civil war from paris 92 is my favorite preformance

Posted Image
Keep me running like a deer in the headlights

DTGNRVR

DTGNRVR

Full

• Returned
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • 07-December 05

Nightrain, top of my list. I think both old and new play it amazingly, although now the New Gn'r own it.

nah i think you will find that original GNR played it best hands down. easy

:o

New Gn'R IS Nightrain!

no look at some of the great preformances of the original line up. just pure class

ssiscool is right on this one. Old GNR owns Nightrain

Posted Image

hartjh14

hartjh14

Senior

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts
  • 29-December 05

Are we talking about now, or in the 90's when Axl still had a decent voice?

You are saying that someone who sings over a 4 ocatave range is only "decent"? Axl has the coolest voice in Rock N Roll history period! Axl's vocal shape is very damaging to sing in the style he does. That is why in concerts he would be slightly off key. Because he basically "Phillip Anselmo's" on stage. He sings hard. I would have to agree with whomever says "Paradise City". The enregy durring that song is unmatched. And I have been to four GNR shows. Unfortuantely the stopped touring before I was old enough to get my license. I would have been to more. I did go to the MSG show to see the new band as well.

All I am saying is Axl is not the same singer now that he was then, and his live performances were only decent strictly from a singing aspect. Axl's complex singing leads to his vocals being very produced on the records and he cannot reproduce the same quality live. This is not just an opinion and it is not meant to take anything away from Axl. Most singers aren't as good at singing live.

Guest_roses_are_red_*

Guest_roses_are_red_*
  • Guests
  • --
Welcome to the jungle! rock3

charliehoodger

charliehoodger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
  • 29-March 06
There are a handfull of songs gn'r perform live that blow me away. Granted thisis coming form someone who was dicked over in Philadelphia and has never seen the original (or new) lineup. Ive only seen videos of concerts and bootlegs so bare with me. My top ones though are kind of weird ones though. Ive seen Guns n' roses perform "Hair of the Dog" with Sebastian Bach on sharing vocals and Lars Urich on drums (awesome) and ive seen gn'r perform down on the farm during some televised thing (awesome) but when it comes to hardcore, orginal baddass Guns N' Roses id have ot say "Paradise City". When they play this song, all hell breaks loose. Every single fucking perosn is on their feet and every time ive seen them perform (old or new) its the most energetic and lively performance. Everyone is on their fucking game right there and its fucking awesome. I really hope RIR is televied for direct tv cause ill probably die a very happy person if i can see the new gn'r perform once in my life ........PS. Any one know any new info on the televising of Rock in Rio 06? it would be most helpfull.

ssiscool

ssiscool

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 17,128 posts
  • 17-May 05
charliehoodger Paradise city is amazing i aggree. RIR is going to be availible on the web

Posted Image
Keep me running like a deer in the headlights

Nir

Nir

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • 04-August 05
Coma 92'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users