NYC Warmup Shows 15 & 17 May.

W. Axl Kev

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool poster man. I can't wait to actually see them on the city streets - something real in the real world I can see with my own 2 eyes. All these years of waiting, I wonder how I will feel when I finally see the posters in my hometown. Gives me hope we will actuall hear something. I am looking forward to the album more than I am in seeing the band, probably because I've seen the original lineup and 2000 incarnation.

It's because it is the greatest city in the world.

Simple question, simple answer. Almost anyone who has been will agree.

:rofl-lol:

Yes, I'm sure Toronto, Sydney, Moscow and many other cities across the world are extremely jealous of that shit stain on the world you call New York City.

Haha.

New York City is the business center of the entire world. It is without a doubt the greatest city in the world. Madison Square Garden is the greatest arena in the world. It was targeted by terrorists for a reason, ya know.

Don't even bother knocking New York, you just come off sounding like a whiny bitch.

Knock the US yes, but remember, New York City voted for Kerry by a rather large margin

If, as Lewis Mumford wrote, cities were created as "a means of bringing heaven down to earth" and "a symbol of the possible," New York is the epitome of those dreams. No other city's skyline thrusts so aggressively toward the heavens, pulling down the clouds like a monarch shrugging into a cloak. No other city's history so embodies the idea of innovation and achievement in such a dazzling range of human endeavors. "There is no place like it, no place with an atom of its glory, pride and exultancy," novelist Thomas Wolfe rhapsodized in 1935. "It lays its hand upon a man's bowels; he grows drunk with ecstasy; he grows young and full of glory, he feels that he can never die." -- Time, 1990 (and that was about the decline of NY before Guliani cleaned the shit up)

No point knocking NYC... it is a waste of your time.

Edited by Karts

If, as Lewis Mumford wrote, cities were created as "a means of bringing heaven down to earth" and "a symbol of the possible," New York is the epitome of those dreams. No other city's skyline thrusts so aggressively toward the heavens, pulling down the clouds like a monarch shrugging into a cloak. No other city's history so embodies the idea of innovation and achievement in such a dazzling range of human endeavors. "There is no place like it, no place with an atom of its glory, pride and exultancy," novelist Thomas Wolfe rhapsodized in 1935. "It lays its hand upon a man's bowels; he grows drunk with ecstasy; he grows young and full of glory, he feels that he can never die." -- Time, 1990 (and that was about the decline of NY before Guliani cleaned the shit up)

What he said ^^

I love the city

Knock the US yes, but remember, New York City voted for Kerry by a rather large margin

I don't think New York gives a shit about Bush or Kerry or America. It leads the world on its own, isolated from the country it found itself in.

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I JUST FUCKING GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I MEAN I HAD IT I JUST DIDN"T REALIZE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I"M GONNA CRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol: I was ready to hack somebody :rofl-lol: I have no idea how but I was going to try...............oh what a glorius day..........

Notice this was said in 1935. That's over 70 years for which New York to grow and evolve (or in this case, devolve) into the shameless city it is today. Basically, it's just a giant billboard that whores itself out left, right and center. Sure, there are many historical monuments there that they should be proud of and I'm sure there are parts that are decent. But, overall, I find NYC to be a giant shithole. Nowhere near the greatest city in the world.