NYC Warmup Shows 15 & 17 May.

W. Axl Kev

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If, as Lewis Mumford wrote, cities were created as "a means of bringing heaven down to earth" and "a symbol of the possible," New York is the epitome of those dreams. No other city's skyline thrusts so aggressively toward the heavens, pulling down the clouds like a monarch shrugging into a cloak. No other city's history so embodies the idea of innovation and achievement in such a dazzling range of human endeavors. "There is no place like it, no place with an atom of its glory, pride and exultancy," novelist Thomas Wolfe rhapsodized in 1935. "It lays its hand upon a man's bowels; he grows drunk with ecstasy; he grows young and full of glory, he feels that he can never die." -- Time, 1990 (and that was about the decline of NY before Guliani cleaned the shit up)

No point knocking NYC... it is a waste of your time.

Notice this was said in 1935. That's over 70 years for which New York to grow and evolve (or in this case, devolve) into the shameless city it is today. Basically, it's just a giant billboard that whores itself out left, right and center. Sure, there are many historical monuments there that they should be proud of and I'm sure there are parts that are decent. But, overall, I find NYC to be a giant shithole. Nowhere near the greatest city in the world.

:shocked: ...... :laugh: .............. :rofl-lol::rofl-lol: .......right..........

Why? Because NYC is the greatest city in the world - the center of the universe. B)

right fucking on, madison.

Fucking A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also New York is the scene of Axl's last triumph, a sold out MSG gig.

It's also where GNR first really made it big (the Ritz show)...

NOT to mention The Felt Forum, MSG, Limelight. All great !

Why? Because NYC is the greatest city in the world - the center of the universe. B)

yea ok

you need to get out more

living in NYC and your life will just ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiippp

gone................ look in the mirror

yea ok

you need to get out more

yeah shades has a point

yea ok

you need to get out more

yeah shades has a point

What "point" would that be?

I couldn't understand what he wrote. :confused:

I guess you have to live outside NYC to understand illiterate posts.

yea ok

you need to get out more

yeah shades has a point

well thats not very nice, no need to fire up because people don't think new york is the center of the universe, full of up tight Yuppies maybe.

well thats not very nice, no need to fire up because people don't think new york is the center of the universe, full of up tight Yuppies maybe.

Nice has never been one of Madisons strong suits.

MAybe its a NYC thing

I wasnt jumping on NYC, I was pointing out that life in the 'fast' lane of NYC may not be synonymous with the 'greatest city on earth'.

I dont know where the 'greatest city on earth' is, but I am smart enough to know that I have probably never been there.

Edited by shades

I am so tired of this I love NYC, it's the greatest city in the world bullshit. NYC is a dirty, smelly, shithole of a place, full of ignorant, up-their-own-ass people that think they are better because they live there. Fuck them. Get your head out of your own ass and realize there is a lot more to life than NYC.

Nice has never been one of Madisons strong suits.

I wasnt jumping on NYC, I was pointing out that life in the 'fast' lane of NYC may not be synonymous with the 'greatest city on earth'.

I dont know where the 'greatest city on earth' is, but I am smart enough to know that I have probably never been there.

shades it's called brisbane! :shades:

brisbane 4 life!

who's with me?

Well then, I guess you won't need any of us "uptight Yuppies" to help you get around NYC when you come for the shows. You're on your own dude. Have fun -- oh, and good luck. :kiss:

Sounds to me that the people pissing on New York City are jealous that they don't live here. ^_^

Not everyone can be so lucky. B)

Amen.

This is one of those rare moments when P4A and I agree. B)