Maybe Robin will take over as lead guitarist for GNR

damiandoerr

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robin Fink as lead guitarist again? Hell no! Im still debating whether or not he should even be labeled a guitarist.

If he has been made to play any leads again, I hope he has been practising his ass off for the past 4 years. I doubt it though, the amount slop he displayed in 2002 has shown him to be very lazy. Far too lazy to put any effort into practising.

Also to the person who said he played the SCOM solo better than Slash- Are you fucking tone deaf? He ruined the greatest guitar solo in rock n' roll. Its all over the place with zero feel.

There are some delusional people here who believe that supporting Axl requires discrediting Slash even with such outrageous statements as the one you mentioned. It just goes to show you how far some people will go to rewrite history and join the mob mentality. Pathetic.

how did I discredit Slash with that statement? I simply prefer Robin's version of the SCOM solo. That doesn't take away the version Slash did, I just happen to like that one better. What is outrageous is to be so narrow minded and have such blind love for someone(Slash) that no matter who or what it is, it just can't be better. Because it can be!

how did I discredit Slash with that statement? I simply prefer Robin's version of the SCOM solo. That doesn't take away the version Slash did, I just happen to like that one better. What is outrageous is to be so narrow minded and have such blind love for someone(Slash) that no matter who or what it is, it just can't be better. Because it can be!

:monkey:

At least i hope Finck is gonna be the lead guitarist, he is the coolest in the band after Axl and hes a great guitarist, did eny of you see the Sweet Child o' Mine solo he pulled of in Rock In Rio 3?

It was just awesume! Even Slash dont geths it that good

Edited by Christer Axl

fink and buckethead was having completely different styles of guitar playing.

and don't say anything about "buckethead was having no soul in his solos" etc.

buckethead was in AXL's gnr.that means that he had a JOB there.he was not told to "go out on the stage and do what you think".Axl of course gave him (and ALL the others) specific orders of HOW he is goinig to play, WHAT is he going to play and WHEN he is going to play.that does not mean that he has no soul.it means that axl told him "I want to solo LIKE THIS on this song and LIKE THAT on the other one".

and the same axl did for the demo songs.

you must understand that NO ONE has an opinion about gnr besides AXL.

and no, I don't think someone from the current 2 known gnr guitarists can pull out buckethead's solos.

and don't forget.it's not a simple band.it's gnr.and when it's about gnr, it means that many people are "playing" a LOT of money. ;)

fortus should be lead if anyone, but that would leave finck as rhythm...now that would be scary stuff, especially with the sounds he gets out of that guitar of his.

Fincks style is too much of that NIN style of music.

Either fortus or you know that guys name beginning with S....

fink and buckethead was having completely different styles of guitar playing.

and don't say anything about "buckethead was having no soul in his solos" etc.

buckethead was in AXL's gnr.that means that he had a JOB there.he was not told to "go out on the stage and do what you think".Axl of course gave him (and ALL the others) specific orders of HOW he is goinig to play, WHAT is he going to play and WHEN he is going to play.that does not mean that he has no soul.it means that axl told him "I want to solo LIKE THIS on this song and LIKE THAT on the other one".

and the same axl did for the demo songs.

you must understand that NO ONE has an opinion about gnr besides AXL.

and no, I don't think someone from the current 2 known gnr guitarists can pull out buckethead's solos.

and don't forget.it's not a simple band.it's gnr.and when it's about gnr, it means that many people are "playing" a LOT of money. ;)

are u stupid?

offcourse Axl dont TELL everyone to DO

Maybe John5.

john 5 is a possibility, he has toned down the freakishness lately. His band loser supposedly got dropped, and zombie is going to be stopping soon. He is going to need to do something. I dont know if he fits in GNR, but he is a good guitar player, and there is a void to fill. so i guess its possible.

LOOK PPL FOR ANYONN WHO KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT GUITAR PLAYING AND SOLOING ROBIN FINCK IS BELOW AVERAGE, HE USES GREAT EQUIPMENT BUT STILL MANAGES TO PRODUCE A TERRIBLE GUITAR TONE THAT HAS NOTHING ON SLASH OR BUCKETHEAD IF THERE GONNA STICK WITH JUST FINCK N FORTUS FORTUS SHOULD BE THE MAIN LEAD PLAYER. THEY WILL BADLY MISS BUCKETHEAD CAUSE HE IS A PURE GENIUS ON GUITAR AND DONT FOR A SECOND THINK HE IS ONLI A MINDLESS SHREDDER LISTEN TO HIS ALBUMS COLMA,POPULATION OVERDRIVE AND ELECTRIC TEARS. ON THOSE ALBUMS THERE IS NO SHRED , JUST BRILLAINT BLUES, MYSTERYNESS GUITARING AND DAVID GILMOUR ESQUE SOUNDS.

LOOK PPL FOR ANYONN WHO KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT GUITAR PLAYING AND SOLOING ROBIN FINCK IS BELOW AVERAGE, HE USES GREAT EQUIPMENT BUT STILL MANAGES TO PRODUCE A TERRIBLE GUITAR TONE THAT HAS NOTHING ON SLASH OR BUCKETHEAD IF THERE GONNA STICK WITH JUST FINCK N FORTUS FORTUS SHOULD BE THE MAIN LEAD PLAYER. THEY WILL BADLY MISS BUCKETHEAD CAUSE HE IS A PURE GENIUS ON GUITAR AND DONT FOR A SECOND THINK HE IS ONLI A MINDLESS SHREDDER LISTEN TO HIS ALBUMS COLMA,POPULATION OVERDRIVE AND ELECTRIC TEARS. ON THOSE ALBUMS THERE IS NO SHRED , JUST BRILLAINT BLUES, MYSTERYNESS GUITARING AND DAVID GILMOUR ESQUE SOUNDS.

I'm blind...