How do you do a tour without something to promote?

gunner22

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's damn annoying isn't it. The band is weird. Nothing else to say about it. Every convention or logical idea is rejected, every chance for publicity is too.

Here we are in 2006 and the band:

- Still has no new singles out

- Still has no album out

- Still hasn't done anything in public since 2002

- Still hasn't got a confirmed lineup

- Still hasn't got a website. I mean can ANYONE name ANY other band, which does not have an up to date website? Even the local bands in my town has their own bloody website updated regularly.

Queue the yes man to say 'It's part of a masterplan' or 'They will when its time'. But the truth is that the band is just annoying and stupidly mis-managed by its member(s?) and Mercky-Merck.

It's damn annoying isn't it. The band is weird. Nothing else to say about it. Every convention or logical idea is rejected, every chance for publicity is too.

- Still has no album out

- Still hasn't got a website. I mean can ANYONE name ANY other band, which does not have an up to date website? Even the local bands in my town has their own bloody website updated regularly.

Queue the yes man to say 'It's part of a masterplan' or 'They will when its time'. But the truth is that the band is just annoying and stupidly mis-managed by its member(s?) and Mercky-Merck.

Do you really think they will launch a new album and do no promotion at all? Call me a yes man all you want, I maintain they will start promotion one day and that will entail doing most if not all the things you listed above. It's illogical to think otherwise.

- Still has no album out

excellent post

- Still has no album out

Just and simply HUGE post.... all the truths the fan(atic)s don't wanna see.

It's just the same old song; it's all for the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

it is guns n roses, they dont need publicity maybe a little but everyone knows them, look how fast the NYC shows sold out and that had no advirtisment

I think NOBODY knows them... all we know is Axl IS in Guns N'Roses... nobody knows no more... maybe everybody knows a trademark, but not the band or its members.

Edited by CarlosEC

Well I think there is no need for promotion really. There was a add in a norwegian newspaper and the tickets where gone before you could learn how to pronounce icecream.

The new york showes don't need promotion since the tickets are gone. Who are they going to promote for??? -Nananana you didn't get one!

:rolleyes:

it is guns n roses, they dont need publicity maybe a little but everyone knows them, look how fast the NYC shows sold out and that had no advirtisment

M C Hammer's left bollock could sell out that place.

Each of the 4 New York City dates sold out in 12 seconds (respectively). Is MC Hammer's left nut that yummy to do that? Eh?

I think the matter is not the promo or the not-promo, but the matter is... why are they touring?... I mean... as busngabb said, the band won't be promoting his new album, new single, or new something... all the tours are made 'for something', no band makes tours 'just because YES'... it's the thing that makes this tour (as did in 2002) a weird tour... and that's why I think it's all for the money... there's no explanation at all out of this one.

I think the matter is not the promo or the not-promo, but the matter is... why are they touring?... I mean... as busngabb said, the band won't be promoting his new album, new single, or new something... all the tours are made 'for something', no band makes tours 'just because YES'... it's the thing that makes this tour (as did in 2002) a weird tour... and that's why I think it's all for the money... there's no explanation at all out of this one.

If it was just for the money this tour would've begun ages ago.

- Still has no album out

ugly kid joe :xmasssanta:

M C Hammer's left bollock could sell out that place.

Each of the 4 New York City dates sold out in 12 seconds (respectively). Is MC Hammer's left nut that yummy to do that? Eh?

I saw Hammer on his ill-fated Left Nut tour.

I logged onto Ticket Master fourteen seconds after the presale started and was able to get tickets.

So you are exactly correct. One hundred percent of Axl Rose is a bigger draw than Hammer's lonely left testicle.

It must be the testicle's beard.

If it was just for the money this tour would've begun ages ago.

Maybe they only (Have I said 'they'?, I mean HE) need money now, as he needed it on 2002...

I just said a possible explanation... what's yours?, what's your explanation?, why do you think a band with no new record, with an unknown line-up, with no single, or something, got out of his home and make an international tour?... and if you see it as a regular way to make things... tell me, please, any other band making it the same way.

Edited by CarlosEC