The Eddie Trunk Discussion Topic

Guest JohnUlmer

Guest JohnUlmer

The other thread is pretty much bombarded with posts from all of us giving random updates as we listened to the radio, it's almost thirty pages long and a mess to sort through to get to the right stuff (it was started before Axl even entered the studio and there are about thirteen pages of speculation as to whether he would even be there) so I thought it may be interesting to start a new topic, KNOWING that Axl showed up, so that we can discuss ONLY things related to the interview.

What did you think? What stuck out?

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was an interesting informal interview, I'm still in shock at hearing Axl's voice and can't believe he agreed to chat.

The interviewers and Bach are annoying as hell, LET THE MAN SPEAK....they were just geeking out and it seemed like Axl couldn't even get a word in with Bach shooting his load every 5 minutes...

Some of the anecdotes were classic:

"Dude my gf went with Izzy and she's been gone a long time!

"Once Slash got his hands on that song he raped it"

"Geoff? JEFF..." and Axl laughs his ass off

"I am a GAY MAN!" Ok Cool...so anyway...."

"Me and Earl went to an S&M store for bondage gear for the Its so Easy video and the people at the counter saw us and were like " oh you're one of us cool!"" LOL

Loved that anecdote about how Use Your Illusion was put together over the phone with Axl trying to get Izzy and Slash to work on the songs....

These guys didn't really ask stuff on Chinese Democracy and Axl seemed to tense up everytime the subject was broached...he seemed completely loosened up during the course of the interview though...

Anyway I can't complain, it was great to hear from the man finally....despite all his faults, Axl Rose is charismatic as hell...

I just think 1. Axl was funny 2. Baz was an ass, and he kept trying to upstage Axl. That was silly.. .why call him up and invite him to the studio if he's just going to take potshots at him. I think he didn't think Axl was going to come and then when he did, Baz was officially a sideshow. He wasn't the hero who got Axl on the phone for a couple of minutes... he was the guy that everyone wanted to shut up so Axl could talk.

Guest JohnUlmer

I was glad to hear that Axl still sounds very much the same and, after some initial unease, seemed to fit right back into the same attitude he had in the '80s and '90s. It was like listening to an old interview. I'm hoping we'll get more publicity stunts like this in the future (I think it wasn't planned but Axl showed up knowing it would be a smart move, he may have even been advised to send the text to them by someone).

I just think 1. Axl was funny 2. Baz was an ass, and he kept trying to upstage Axl. That was silly.. .why call him up and invite him to the studio if he's just going to take potshots at him. I think he didn't think Axl was going to come and then when he did, Baz was officially a sideshow. He wasn't the hero who got Axl on the phone for a couple of minutes... he was the guy that everyone wanted to shut up so Axl could talk.

Exactly....Baz was getting on my nerves, eventually he started getting cut off by Axl and Trunk...

Axl always seems uptight....it was nice to see him just cut loose and joke around a bit....it's a shame we lost that feed...

I thought it was hilarious when Piazza called and Axl straight dissed him.

Yeah, Mike was like,

"I had G'N'R before it hit the airwaves and I--"

Axl: Yeah, you did. And then you shared it with the rest of the world, too.

Mike: (Pause), But, I mean, like Appetite for destruction, ya know, I bought it like the first day it came out and I was givin it to all my friends, and I felt like--"

Axl: Yeah, kinda like the way I felt after you released your thing"

:rofl-lol:

and also:

Baz: Have you ever seen the Hillbilly Boys?

(Silence)

Axl: I don't go in to that part of the video store.

Edited by Mr. Miser

other than jesus christ himself, there isn't anyone on this planet who can get this much attention ... the man is immortal ... ill be there may 14th, and i will get on stage, oh yes motherfucker, i will

other than jesus christ himself, there isn't anyone on this planet who can get this much attention ... the man is immortal ... ill be there may 14th, and i will get on stage, oh yes motherfucker, i will

;) Sure you will buddy ;) Good luck with that!

I disagree. Why are some people dissing Baz? :question:

He wasn't trying to upstage Axl at all. That's just his personality. He's always been really energetic and flamboyant. I thought he was genuinely excited to have Axl there and to reminisce about old times. He was totally cool.