Is Izzy Back?

Nick85

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow this thread has turned so much into a bunch of kids pulling each others hair that I almost forgot what the topic was… oh yeah Izzy joining again…

I don’t think it’s true. Sounds like he’s said he would like to play a few songs at one of the NY gigs, maybe a complete gig, who knows, but not fully join the band again.

Would be tremendous if he did – some fantastic tunes would be written.

Regarding the “is it GnR anymore?” argument… well it’s obviously not the same band as it was, but it doesn’t mean that a statement was made saying GnR were no more and Axl has started a new band up and started using the name again. As far as I can tell the band has never officially stopped or broken up… people have left at different times, been replaced and the band kept going. So maybe the name of the band has never really come up.

At the end of the day, like Izzy said, people will know it’s not the same band and the music will speak for itself.

AND more importantly if a former member/founder of GnR is happy to play with the new incarnation of the band, then I think that should shut up a few people regarding the talent of this new band. If they ‘butcher’ old GnR songs like a few of you say, why would the fuckin’ (co-)writer of the songs wanna play with them?

LP

We all know what kind of fan you are, asshole.

Bigger fan than you obviously.

Poking fun at Izzy Stradlin makes you a bigger fan ? Clown !

Poking fun at the whole band makes you a bigger fan then? AssClown !

Alan Niveen, if you know what kind of fan Karri is you know he prefers the new GN'R over old and if he makes fun of Izzy it's the same thing when you make fun of Finck etc.

Karri, Alan Niveen is a old GN'R-fan and, if I've understood correctly, thinks like I that the new GN'R is GN'R only by name and he doesn't need to like the new band to be a GN'R-fan :)

Meh has spoken :xmassrudolph:

And I hope that Izzy's back for the whole tour or atleast for this show :)

Wow this thread has turned so much into a bunch of kids pulling each others hair that I almost forgot what the topic was… oh yeah Izzy joining again…

I don’t think it’s true. Sounds like he’s said he would like to play a few songs at one of the NY gigs, maybe a complete gig, who knows, but not fully join the band again.

Would be tremendous if he did – some fantastic tunes would be written.

Regarding the “is it GnR anymore?” argument… well it’s obviously not the same band as it was, but it doesn’t mean that a statement was made saying GnR were no more and Axl has started a new band up and started using the name again. As far as I can tell the band has never officially stopped or broken up… people have left at different times, been replaced and the band kept going. So maybe the name of the band has never really come up.

At the end of the day, like Izzy said, people will know it’s not the same band and the music will speak for itself.

AND more importantly if a former member/founder of GnR is happy to play with the new incarnation of the band, then I think that should shut up a few people regarding the talent of this new band. If they ‘butcher’ old GnR songs like a few of you say, why would the fuckin’ (co-)writer of the songs wanna play with them?

LP

The best post ever !!! :D

Me too, but I'm afraid it will get to the point where people will start booing once Izzy leaves the stage and when the band moves on. If Izzy's gonna perform, he's not going to be there for the whole set. Trust me.

Or he comes on for the last 2/3 songs - 14 years/Night train/Paradise city :)

Anyone think he was there at rehersals when Axl called the Eddie Trunk show??

LP

Me too, but I'm afraid it will get to the point where people will start booing once Izzy leaves the stage and when the band moves on. If Izzy's gonna perform, he's not going to be there for the whole set. Trust me.

Or he comes on for the last 2/3 songs - 14 years/Night train/Paradise city :)

Anyone think he was there at rehersals when Axl called the Eddie Trunk show??

LP

Would be ace.

That´d would also be a reason for axl not wanting us to hear his voice, cause I´m sure some people here would recognise izzy´s voice, even on a shitty quallity cell phone

It is the worst scenario easily : the soul of GNR as a guest!!! :blink:

Was. Nowadays he writes songs about his tooth being pulled. Move on biatch.

Fuck off revisionist!!!

It's better to write songs about tooth being pulled than about fuckin' silkworms and beduins in the desert.

:rofl-lol: Bedouins are actually an interesting subject. Silkworms was a metaphore but when a guy actually writes about visiting a dentist.... :lol:

i remember getting angry for a week at izzy after hearing that song.....i mean, if your going to write a song about THAT.....your almost better off with addler......

i mean.....imagine the blues being about going to run for mayor......

or patience about doing your taxes.........

Izzy was the core of GNR, so it would be sad and disappointing to see him performing only one or two songs as a guest.

Izzy should play all the songs in NY and tour with Axl in Europe. If not, I prefer not to see him on stage : it's all or nothing.

Izzy was not the core of guns n roses. If anything Axl and Slash were. Good songwriter yeah, but he was hardly the core.

Izzy was the core of GNR, so it would be sad and disappointing to see him performing only one or two songs as a guest.

Izzy should play all the songs in NY and tour with Axl in Europe. If not, I prefer not to see him on stage : it's all or nothing.

Izzy was not the core of guns n roses. If anything Axl and Slash were. Good songwriter yeah, but he was hardly the core.

You say that - but look what happened to the band when he left.

Hopefully not.

I'm annoyed by all those "is Slash back?" "Is Duff back?" "Is Izzy back?" thing.

That decade is OVER , get it? Open your minds for the NEW band

agreed rock4

You say that - but look what happened to the band when he left.

the band was falling apart anyway before Izzy left.

Izzy's leaving just helped it break apart quicker.

Edited by Axl-rocks

Fuck off revisionist!!!

It's better to write songs about tooth being pulled than about fuckin' silkworms and beduins in the desert.

didn't Dizzy/Pitman write Silkworms?

Fuck off revisionist!!!

didn't Dizzy/Pitman write Silkworms?

yep