Discuss the new guitarist.... Ron Thal!

GET OFF AXLS BACK

Just a few questions about last night:

Did Bumblefoot play lead or was the lead part shared?

Was there any video recording equiptment present ( video shoots )

How did the band and Axl look?

Is Bumblefoot Ron Thal?

Based on pictures i think he looks cool but havnt heard him play, anybody have a link to video so i can check him out?

Edit:

For those who havnt seen him play

BumbleFoot

Edited by jack99

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man, i'm so glad axl picked him. i know we already have some bashers, but check out some of his shit (normal) and i'll forgive you.

some of you dicks were blabbering about how stupid that guitar is, i'll have you know that some friends of his worked on it for 5 fucking months making it, how could it not be his favorite guitar? and furthermore, his nieces love it since the wings come out when he hits the tremelo bar. it's called sedimental value, asses.

finally, someone who is a damn human comes to GNR, thank god. (not that i don't love BH)

either way, you'll love him after you hear him. i can honestly say i hope CD is rerecorded with bumblefoots parts, even if i have to wait even longer.

yea bumblefoot kicks ass, he has had like only 2 weeks to rehearse his parts since joining and he has done a good job. so dont say he is shit, i bet you people that do havent heard the stuff that he has had time to practice. good job to all the members of guns n' roses including special guest seb bach.

Just a few questions about last night:

Did Bumblefoot play lead or was the lead part shared?

Was there any video recording equiptment present ( video shoots )

How did the band and Axl look?

Is Bumblefoot Ron Thal?

Based on pictures i think he looks cool but havnt heard him play, anybody have a link to video so i can check him out?

Edit:

For those who havnt seen him play

BumbleFoot

Ok, #1...I don't know I guess he shared the lead, Finck and Fortus were great!!!!! and so was Bumble...BTW everbody near me thought is was IZZY :xmasssanta: ....for a long while actually...hahaha(they really look alike!)

#2...A LOT OF Filming, I will definitely be in the video :wub: I was right there, I could touch the camera, even the singer from BFMV was filming a little bit :P

#3....They looked amazing man, Axl with his leather jacket and jeans looked kickass!!!and when Finck first came into the stage I thought he was the new guitarrit, he looks like a Viking, or like a member from pantera, awsome really long hair and full long beard!!! Dizzy with no shirt, muscle everwhere, they all looked great!

#4...yes he is Ron Thal

hope that helps a little :)

Kannon.

Axl had some BIG nipple rings!!!!!! lmao, the girs in front of me we're going nuts for it hahahaha

Edited by kannon21

He sounds and looks like the right guy for GNR.

And if he only had like 2 weeks. Then damn he pulled of alot of songs.

The guitar was kinda.....weird. but guess that is some of the charm. As long as it pleys good. It can look like a giant rooster to me

I'm not sure about him yet but a lot of people seem to like him. Here is a list voted by people, it's Greatest Hard Rock/Metal guitarists:

1. Ron Thal - Bumblefoot, Solo

2. Paul Gilbert - Racer X, Mr. Big, Solo

3. Steve Vai - Solo, David Lee Roth, Whitesnake

4. Marty Friedman - Cacophony, Megadeth, Solo

5. Steve Morse - Deep Purple, Dixie Dregs, Steve Morse Band

6. Buckethead - Solo, Guns N Roses, Praxis, C2B3

7. Mattias IA Eklundh - Freak Kitchen

8. Randy Rhoads - Quiet Riot, Ozzy

9. Michael Romeo - Symphony X, Solo

10. Yngwie Malmsteen - Steeler, Rising Force, Solo

I guess he can't be all that bad huh :chef:

so which version of kohd did they play?

Don't really know, he didn't do the "I sing once and you sing once...we got one more time to go" it was kinda like easier a little bit faster much clear version, maybe a new version, well that what this guy stading behind was telling me...but he was a "little" drunk so you know :P

Kannon.

The rumours first started circulating in September of 2004.

Could he have been in the band all this time without anyone knowing? Could he have been re-recording Bucket's stuff during that time?

I know there's no way of knowing (well Axl could tell us, but what are the chances of that?) but it's just something to ponder. I highly doubt that he only joined GnR in the last couple of months.

man, i'm so glad axl picked him. i know we already have some bashers, but check out some of his shit (normal) and i'll forgive you.

some of you dicks were blabbering about how stupid that guitar is, i'll have you know that some friends of his worked on it for 5 fucking months making it, how could it not be his favorite guitar? and furthermore, his nieces love it since the wings come out when he hits the tremelo bar. it's called sedimental value, asses.

finally, someone who is a damn human comes to GNR, thank god. (not that i don't love BH)

either way, you'll love him after you hear him. i can honestly say i hope CD is rerecorded with bumblefoots parts, even if i have to wait even longer.

Now that just ruins you reproaching people :lol: