Discuss the new guitarist.... Ron Thal!

GET OFF AXLS BACK

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at the guitar Bumblefoot using. It looks like he found it in a fuckin toystore!

Buckedhead was unik. Hes own style, hes amasing player(he played the fuck out of slash) and were unik, and he did fit in great in the new and modern Guns N Roses.

If Bumblefoots better player then Buckedhead, why did he destry IRS then??

This is NOT a attack on Axl Rose. I love Axl, belive me! And this is not to attack Guns N Roses. We all need Axl and we all need Guns N Roses. But what we need and what all of us should have is a normal looking guitarist whos not looking like hes 7 years old and got hes first guitar for christmas. cos that guitar is reaaly stupid

and another thing, i never really think iv seen a fat guitar player before...

At least i hoped for Traci Guns, that would be cool.-and not this toy nonsens bumblefoot

umm...i thought you don't like unique things? if you don't like Bumble's GUITAR (that he only used on the solo and mabye 1 or 2 other songs, mind you) and you think that Buckethead's entire getup with the bucket, mast and poncho, his robot dancing, his nunchucks and his giftbags for the fans is 'unique' and fit in with GN'R, you are fucked up.

he 'destoried' I.R.S. because he was probably pissing his pants! hello! first big concert ever! gotta be scary, dude!!!

But what we need and what all of us should have is a normal looking guitarist

buckethead2zs.jpg

yea dude. Buckethead is DEFINITALLY the definition of 'a normal looking guitarist'.

here's 2:

dimebag_darrell.jpg

slash.jpg

OMG!!1!! yes, Slash is pudgy, so is Bumblefoot. what's the big deal?

Edited by mynameisjonas

Buckedhead wasnt normal. But u cant replace a "not normal " guitarplayer with another "not normal" guitarplayer. Its stupid when their tryin to eplace Buckedhead, and not looking for a new man with new skills,..

He destroyed IRS cause he isnt a better player! GNR a guItarplayer who can play.

AND IF HE WAS PISSING IN HES PANTS IN FRONT OF 3000 PEOPLE WHAT WILL HAPPEND IN rio IN FRONT OF 200 000?CAN U ANSWER THAT FUCKIN QUESTION MATE?=???

Edited by Sjakalen

Buckedhead wasnt normal. But u cant replace a "not normal " guitarplayer with another "not normal" guitarplayer. Its stupid when their tryin to eplace Buckedhead, and not looking for a new man with new skills,..

He destroyed IRS cause he isnt a better player! GNR a guItarplayer who can play.

AND IF HE WAS PISSING IN HES PANTS IN FRONT OF 3000 PEOPLE WHAT WILL HAPPEND IN rio IN FRONT OF 200 000?CAN U ANSWER THAT FUCKIN QUESTION MATE?=???

why can't you replace a 'not normal' for another 'not normal' guitar player? and once again, his guitar hardly used. grow up, it's not all about image.

he 'destroyed' I.R.S. because he was nervous, i think you'd do much worse for your first big show, too. your next sentence is completely incomprehensivable.

THE REASON THEY HAVE WARM UP SHOWS IS SO THEY CAN GET ALL THE KINKS OUT AND GET READY FOR THE BIG CONCERT. I ANSWERED YOUR FUCKIN QUESTION, MATE!=!!!

by the way, you totally ignored my 'fat guitar player' part.

Edited by mynameisjonas

Hes fat. he need to loose weight!

Slash is fat in hes fce yes i can see that. But slash not in GNR, Bumblefoot is unfortunatly

you said you've never seen a fat guitarist before.

why does being fat matter??? Dimebag was one of the best guitarists on the planet, and he was 'fat'.

seriously, your reasons for hating Bumblefoot are ridiculous.

Slash is fat in hes fce yes i can see that. But slash not in GNR, Bumblefoot is unfortunatly

shit, what do you care how a guy looks? if he was skinnier would you fuck him? if i'm interested in someones appearence, it's a girl!

FAG

I was at the gnr show in Boston in 2002 and i was at the hammerstein on Friday, and im sorry...but bumblefoot is nowhere NEAR the guitarist buckethead is. Technically speaking...i would choose buckethead over bumblefoot or slash any day of the week. But speaking as a fan...neither buckethead nor bumblefoot really fit the the gnr image. Slash was the face of gnr guitars. Hell the show on friday started with a really weird scene, as from the pitch dark robin fink appeared with his new look and with that wild hair going everywhere half the crowd started screaming because they thought it was slash. In my opinion, fortus and Finck do a fine job on their own, and if you cant have buckethead, then just use 2 guitarists. 3 guitarists seemed like a union job when 1 guys does the work and 2 guys stand around and watch and try to look busy. Its tough to groove with three people playing three different things. At least thats what it seemed like to me when i was at the show.

Dude you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Ron's playing has no boundaries he can play anything and everything.

Do your homework first. We live in a wold with the internet. Theres plenty of information abour Ron's credentials floating around. There's no excuse for ignorance.

You're an idiot for drawing a conclusion on his playing from his gig with Gun N'Roses. Besides he's a musicians musician of the highest calibre. A lot of it is strictly for virtuoso musicians which you obviously aren't so to you most of it will sound completely alien.

Having said all that Ron will blow everyone away given the proper time to settle in. I just hope they come back and tour the US after Europe. By then his game will be totally on.

ok, listen to the Better remastered version from the 14th going around. Bumble nails it!

he's good in my books. He was shaky on the 12th , being his first show.

the second show, he kicked ass! His solo on Nightrain was outstanding. He shredded with the Mic stand!!!!!

fuckin amazing how during his solo he let the fans fingertap on his guitar as well!

he's good in my book. great choice.

Ron Thal all the way.

2 shows. I can't believe some of you people. Your ropey argument is based largley on his 'stupid guitar'? For crying out loud give the guy a chance to prove himself, he has been in the band for 2 weeks! You also call him a 'fat fuck'. It's good to see some intelligence on this board :rolleyes: How can it be possible that this normal guy who is incredible at guitar is not good enough? But a man with a yellow raincoat from Disneyland and a KFC bucket on his head is cool?

I grow sick and tired of negative ''fans'' who never give anything a chance. Criticism after criticism. <_<

Agreed dude, just don't let the negative "fans" get to you, or you'll go insane.

true dat. fuck the haters.

If Bumblefoot (unlikely as this is) did leave the band would you be inconsolable for a week?

probably, seeing as we would then lose the best damn guitar player in the world from the band. would be a shame. what about yourself?

Yes, I would be very, very sad indeed.:xmasssanta:

What would happen if (even more unlikely) Buckethead was allowed to return to the band, or (slightly more realistically) his parts remain on Chinese Democracy, and Bumblefoot was only the tour guitarist?

Bucketheads parts will remain on Chinese Democracy, I heard from Ron himself

For the record, is Ron Thal really better than Buckethead? Seems kind of hard to believe, Buckethead was an incredible guitarist.....

As a fan of both, I can say that I really don't think so. I do believe Buckethead is a much more technically skilled, although both are superb.

For the record, is Ron Thal really better than Buckethead? Seems kind of hard to believe, Buckethead was an incredible guitarist.....

Well, these sorts of lists are always subjective, but ... Digital Dream Door

1. Ron Thal - Bumblefoot, Solo

2. Paul Gilbert - Racer X, Mr. Big, Solo

3. Steve Vai - Solo, David Lee Roth, Whitesnake

4. Marty Friedman - Cacophony, Megadeth, Solo

5. Steve Morse - Deep Purple, Dixie Dregs, Steve Morse Band

6. Buckethead - Solo, Guns N Roses, Praxis, C2B3

7. Mattias IA Eklundh - Freak Kitchen

8. Randy Rhoads - Quiet Riot, Ozzy

9. Michael Romeo - Symphony X, Solo

10. Yngwie Malmsteen - Steeler, Rising Force, Solo

You can tell just from listening to some of his solo work that he can really play. Whether he's as creative as Buckethead, is another matter.

Honestly I just dont think I can get into Ron, he is a good guy and I met him after both weekend shows, but I dont know there is something about his style that I think is more suited for his own solo projects then part of a major band,,,he just didnt sound right the first 2 nites, I dont think it was nerves because after he said he wasnt that nervous,,,,I am curious to know if he sounded any different tonite,, honestly because I met the guy and got his auto and crap I think I am really holding back my true feeling on him,, lets just say I hope he gets better(or more at ease) then the first 2 nites...

But on the other hand if basically what we see is what we get then lets say I am not really that big of a fan(and would probably much prefer the guy with a KFC bucket on his head)...

I think it was a big disapointment that is was Bumblefoot who was the new guitarist in Guns N Roses.

I had my hope for Izzy, Traci Guns, Dave Navarro or Buckedhead be beck!

And then this joke of a guitarist go on stage!fuck that!Buckedhead is better, he looks cooler and he was the symbol of the new GNR.

I think it WAS really sad when bumble WENT on stage with hes stupid guitar. hes a fat fuck and nothin else!

WERE IS BUCKEDHEAD, when we finally needed him?

At least Ron Thals guitar is the only freaky thing about him (and his nickname), I am really glad that the idiot with the KFC-bucket and the hand-doll is gone. Yes, he was a great guitar player, and yes, looks aren't everything, but I can't call that walking freakshow Rock 'n Roll. And that's what GNR is, Rock 'n Roll, so on that point I think Thal is a much better choice than BH. From what I've heard from the leaks he sounds great also, and of course he has made some mistakes, but hey, imagine you are the new GNR guitar player and you're just in for two weeks.... I'd say wait untill halfway the eurotour and he'll be great (but I'd still like him to get rid off the stupid guitar). ;)

shit, what do you care how a guy looks? if he was skinnier would you fuck him? if i'm interested in someones appearence, it's a girl!

FAG

I totally agree!! Who gives a shit anyway... Welcome to GNR Ron!!! rock1

Look at the guitar Bumblefoot using. It looks like he found it in a fuckin toystore!

Buckedhead was unik. Hes own style, hes amasing player(he played the fuck out of slash) and were unik, and he did fit in great in the new and modern Guns N Roses.

If Bumblefoots better player then Buckedhead, why did he destry IRS then??

This is NOT a attack on Axl Rose. I love Axl, belive me! And this is not to attack Guns N Roses. We all need Axl and we all need Guns N Roses. But what we need and what all of us should have is a normal looking guitarist whos not looking like hes 7 years old and got hes first guitar for christmas. cos that guitar is reaaly stupid

At least i hoped for Traci Guns, that would be cool.-and not this toy nonsens bumblefoot

get over tracii, axl already laughed him off when he approaced him for a spot in the band. stop ragging on bumble already you loser. you're obviously too stupid to give him a chance anyway. and does anyone else see the irony of this guy complaing about toy stores and still adoring buckethead? fuck off hypocrit.