May 15 Reviews

madison

I just got a home a little while ago, and thought I'd add a couple of comments about the show.

First, Axl seemed to be back on form for tonight's show - following Sunday's lackluster and shortened gig. His voice seemed pretty solid throughout the show, and he added back many of the songs that he dropped when he was having throat troubles on Sunday - such as IRS, Madagascar and Chinese Democracy.

He also seemed more relaxed and addressed the crowd several times: He mentioned that he had talked to Izzy and that Izzy wished him well with the show. He also said that he spoke to Lars for the first time in 13 years, but didn't elaborate further. He also repeated that Better is a "Robin song."

During the song "Patience," he coughed the word "bullshit" in the middle of the song - the way he used to do during the Illusions tour. *This brought back memories.*

Axl also thanked the "diehard" fans for hanging in there and supporting him, which is very cool - and long overdue!

At one point, Axl yelled to someone in the crowd to "cut that shit out." But I couldn't see who he was addressing or why.

Robin was awesome for a third consecutive show - and stage-divered into the crowd once. I think he may have been injured though because Axl was asking him if he was OK. Robin replied "This is what I live for." ... Robin rocks!

Bumblefoot is moving around the stage more, which is cool. But he really really needs to change those boring and simple guitar solos.

Baz showed up again to sing My Michelle. And - as happened with the previous two shows -his presence totally fired up the crowd, creating this tremendous energy in the room. It's hard to explain how he totally lights up the crowd unless you're there.

Axl saved three songs for the encore: Patience, Chinese Democracy and Paradise City. And the show - like all the others - ended in a shower of confetti.

I just got a home a little while ago, and thought I'd add a couple of comments about the show.

First, Axl seemed to be back on form for tonight's show - following Sunday's lackluster and shortened gig. His voice seemed pretty solid throughout the show, and he added back many of the songs that he dropped when he was having throat troubles on Sunday - such as IRS, Madagascar and Chinese Democracy.

He also seemed more relaxed and addressed the crowd several times: He mentioned that he had talked to Izzy and that Izzy wished him well with the show. He also said that he spoke to Lars for the first time in 13 years, but didn't elaborate further. He also repeated that Better is a "Robin song."

During the song "Patience," he coughed the word "bullshit" in the middle of the song - the way he used to do during the Illusions tour. *This brought back memories.*

Axl also thanked the "diehard" fans for hanging in there and supporting him, which is very cool - and long overdue!

At one point, Axl yelled to someone in the crowd to "cut that shit out." But I couldn't see who he was addressing or why.

Robin was awesome for a third consecutive show - and stage-divered into the crowd once. I think he may have been injured though because Axl was asking him if he was OK. Robin replied "This is what I live for." ... Robin rocks!

Bumblefoot is moving around the stage more, which is cool. But he really really needs to change those boring and simple guitar solos.

Baz showed up again to sing My Michelle. And - as happened with the previous two shows -his presence totally fired up the crowd, creating this tremendous energy in the room. It's hard to explain how he totally lights up the crowd unless you're there.

Axl saved three songs for the encore: Patience, Chinese Democracy and Paradise City. And the show - like all the others - ended in a shower of confetti.

cool...great post, madison!

I enjoyed reading this. ^_^

Thanks for the review maddy, it's awesome ^_^

You going on the 17th as well?

Why are some of you posting this smiley: <_< ... Is something wrong? :unsure:

Yes, I'll be there on the 17th as well. :)

These shows are going by really fast.

Time flies when you're having fun :)

Maddy, we're posting this one: ^_^ - not this one <_<:)

The one I posted I've always enterpretted as 'Sweet/Awesome'

Anyway, you're lucky! Glad you got to go

Lucky you <_<

:P

Well, hope you have a great time tomorrow aswell rock3

Thanks for the review Maddy. Quality stuff as usual. I misread the way you put your first point. I thought it read 'At first, Axl seemed to be...', so I interpreted that as meaning his performance fell weak half way through the show. But it didin't. I really think this is gonna happen. :)

I got to the venue around 640. There were maybe 800-1000 people already in line. the line was around the block. I greased the security guard, and my brother and I got in within the first 10 people when the door opened at 740. To start the show, there was some dude with a drum set but no drum sticks who just played with his hands. He looked like the guy from american idol sho just got booted from the show. He was ok, but I would have rather had mix master mike than this guy. Bullet for my valentine was OK. It seemed like just a bunch of screaming to me.

Axl came on stage and there was a tremendous push and lots of pressure on us up front. The vocals were terrific. He was really "on". Crowd surfing people started coming over the top almost immediately. It got a little rowdy at times up front, so after about 6 songs, my brother and I went to go regroup and get a beer. We made our way back to the first 5 rows during sweet child and i was just really impressed with everything there. Axl was really into the crowd. Making eye contact with a rock icon like Axl will send chills down your spine. After all the things we've heard over the past 10 years, I found myself thinking: Wow, it's really him, he's really here. . . .

The one thing that stuck with me was when Axl was talking about talking to Izzy on the phone. He remarked that IZzy said to him that it's always been about new york and that this is where all the good things in their career started. I really liked how intimate everything was.

Notes: people were pointing up into the balcony on the right side as you face the stage saying is that vince neil? There was a fat dude with bleach blonde hair, a vest and a bandana, but I don't know if it was him. There were some really attractive girls in the first row of the left balcony that were dancing before axl came out, and that kind of increased the testosterone level. There was a lot of weed smoking going on. During the brief times when axl would leave the stage, I heard this guy yell DRUG RELOAD! I laughed. Early in the show there was some girl that was passed out in the crowd, and so a couple guys just surfed her lifeless body to the front. Some other dude had to get dragged out of the crowd. I think he was too wasted to stand. . .

Overall, I had an absolutely amazing time in New York. Now it's back to Fort Myers, FL to continue being a grown up . . . I sure do miss the old days. Sometimes being a lawyer has its setbacks. I am going to miss coming up here for shows all the time, but I am sure that Axl and the guys will be back. GNR is back.

J

p.s. I took a ton of pics, and some movies, but my phone is officially dead, so I have to wait until about 6 tonight when I get home to get the charger. I will post them here first.

It was great to meet some of you guys from the board.

Thankyou to NYPD for getting my brother and I in first. You guys rock!

J

8:30:54 PM EDT

The pics. I am back in Florida now.

What a night.

GN EFFIN R

pic

pic2

pic3

pic4

pic5

pic6

pic7

pic8

pic9

pic10

pic11

pic12

pic13

pic14

pic15

pic16

pic17

ENJOY!

J

Edited by s487807

The one thing that stuck with me was when Axl was talking about talking to Izzy on the phone. He remarked that IZzy said to him that it's always been about new york and that this is where all the good things in their career started. I really liked how intimate everything was.

Notes: people were pointing up into the balcony on the right side as you face the stage saying is that vince neil? There was a fat dude with bleach blonde hair, a vest and a bandana, but I don't know if it was him.

That was COOL what he said about NY! It got a huge response from the crowd!

And I saw that guy in the balcony too!! My friend and I thought it looked like Vince, but it was dark and hard to tell. He wound up leaving the show early.

I was at last nights show. GNR is back. The show was fucking amazing. Axl was at his best and put on a classic performance. The crowd never stopped roaring. The atmosphere was electric. Axl sounded awesome. A highlight for me though was when Sebastian Bach performed My Michelle with Axl. Also when Axl gave a shoutout to all the diehard fans. Just so fucking awesome. I would go to a show everyday if such a thing were possible. GNR is BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck I almost forgt. Another awesome moment was when Finck dove off stage. I didn't see him jump cause i was looking at people trying to help someone who fell down. Then boom he was right on top of a bunch of us. It was sitnkin great. We all pushe back to the front. One of the greatest moments for me. Fuck it! all of it was great. GNR baby

Fuck I almost forgt. Another awesome moment was when Finck dove off stage. I didn't see him jump cause i was looking at people trying to help someone who fell down. Then boom he was right on top of a bunch of us. It was sitnkin great. We all pushe back to the front. One of the greatest moments for me. Fuck it! all of it was great. GNR baby

Really cool show. The band seemed very polished and tight. I'd say about 1/2 of the crowd seemed to be singing along to Better and IRS, about 75% to Maddy, and it seemed to me like just about everyone was singing along to The Blues. Rose seemed extremely happy to be up there performing and his energy was just ridiculous. Fantastic Show