Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

May 15 Reviews

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
37 replies to this topic

madison

madison

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,049 posts
  • 15-January 02
I just got a home a little while ago, and thought I'd add a couple of comments about the show.

First, Axl seemed to be back on form for tonight's show - following Sunday's lackluster and shortened gig. His voice seemed pretty solid throughout the show, and he added back many of the songs that he dropped when he was having throat troubles on Sunday - such as IRS, Madagascar and Chinese Democracy.

He also seemed more relaxed and addressed the crowd several times: He mentioned that he had talked to Izzy and that Izzy wished him well with the show. He also said that he spoke to Lars for the first time in 13 years, but didn't elaborate further. He also repeated that Better is a "Robin song."

During the song "Patience," he coughed the word "bullshit" in the middle of the song - the way he used to do during the Illusions tour. *This brought back memories.*

Axl also thanked the "diehard" fans for hanging in there and supporting him, which is very cool - and long overdue!

At one point, Axl yelled to someone in the crowd to "cut that shit out." But I couldn't see who he was addressing or why.

Robin was awesome for a third consecutive show - and stage-divered into the crowd once. I think he may have been injured though because Axl was asking him if he was OK. Robin replied "This is what I live for." ... Robin rocks!

Bumblefoot is moving around the stage more, which is cool. But he really really needs to change those boring and simple guitar solos.

Baz showed up again to sing My Michelle. And - as happened with the previous two shows -his presence totally fired up the crowd, creating this tremendous energy in the room. It's hard to explain how he totally lights up the crowd unless you're there.

Axl saved three songs for the encore: Patience, Chinese Democracy and Paradise City. And the show - like all the others - ended in a shower of confetti.

Posted Image

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." ... Hunter S. Thompson. RIP.

cold_as_ice

cold_as_ice

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,314 posts
  • 13-October 05

I just got a home a little while ago, and thought I'd add a couple of comments about the show.

First, Axl seemed to be back on form for tonight's show - following Sunday's lackluster and shortened gig. His voice seemed pretty solid throughout the show, and he added back many of the songs that he dropped when he was having throat troubles on Sunday - such as IRS, Madagascar and Chinese Democracy.

He also seemed more relaxed and addressed the crowd several times: He mentioned that he had talked to Izzy and that Izzy wished him well with the show. He also said that he spoke to Lars for the first time in 13 years, but didn't elaborate further. He also repeated that Better is a "Robin song."

During the song "Patience," he coughed the word "bullshit" in the middle of the song - the way he used to do during the Illusions tour. *This brought back memories.*

Axl also thanked the "diehard" fans for hanging in there and supporting him, which is very cool - and long overdue!

At one point, Axl yelled to someone in the crowd to "cut that shit out." But I couldn't see who he was addressing or why.

Robin was awesome for a third consecutive show - and stage-divered into the crowd once. I think he may have been injured though because Axl was asking him if he was OK. Robin replied "This is what I live for." ... Robin rocks!

Bumblefoot is moving around the stage more, which is cool. But he really really needs to change those boring and simple guitar solos.

Baz showed up again to sing My Michelle. And - as happened with the previous two shows -his presence totally fired up the crowd, creating this tremendous energy in the room. It's hard to explain how he totally lights up the crowd unless you're there.

Axl saved three songs for the encore: Patience, Chinese Democracy and Paradise City. And the show - like all the others - ended in a shower of confetti.

cool...great post, madison!
I enjoyed reading this. ^_^

The Sandman

The Sandman

King of Wishful Thinking

• Supporters
  • 26,470 posts
  • 26-September 05
Thanks for the review maddy, it's awesome ^_^

You going on the 17th as well?
Posted Image

Axl-rocks

Axl-rocks

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,604 posts
  • 29-May 05
very cool :) rock2

thanks for the review madison

madison

madison

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 21,049 posts
  • 15-January 02

Why are some of you posting this smiley: <_< ... Is something wrong? :unsure:

Yes, I'll be there on the 17th as well. :)
These shows are going by really fast.

Posted Image

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." ... Hunter S. Thompson. RIP.

Axl-rocks

Axl-rocks

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 5,604 posts
  • 29-May 05

Time flies when you're having fun :)

The Sandman

The Sandman

King of Wishful Thinking

• Supporters
  • 26,470 posts
  • 26-September 05

Maddy, we're posting this one: ^_^ - not this one <_< :)

The one I posted I've always enterpretted as 'Sweet/Awesome'

Anyway, you're lucky! Glad you got to go
Posted Image

dally

dally

OH MY GOD

• Supporters
  • 4,762 posts
  • 26-March 04

Lucky you <_<

:P

Well, hope you have a great time tomorrow aswell rock3
A "Guns N' Roses sandwich," dude! I'm in a "Guns N' Roses taco!"

luvmygabby

luvmygabby

Junior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • 19-January 06
One on the better reviews that we have gotten so far, thanks!

laz

laz

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • 14-April 05
cool rewiew madison!! thank you:) good to see that gnr is rocking:)
its a nice day for a continental drift mothafucker!

W. Axl Kev

W. Axl Kev

OH MY GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,507 posts
  • 11-February 05
Thanks for the review Maddy. Quality stuff as usual. I misread the way you put your first point. I thought it read 'At first, Axl seemed to be...', so I interpreted that as meaning his performance fell weak half way through the show. But it didin't. I really think this is gonna happen. :)

Posted Image
mygnrgument

Mango

Mango

PitManiac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,640 posts
  • 23-February 05
Thanks for this, Madison rock3

[m.]

Posted Image
"To my left on the keys... What margarita are you on? .. Second, third? ... Now it's beer, ok [laughs]... Margarita-with-a-beer chaser on the keys, mr. Chris Pitman"

[Axl introducing Synth Warrior @ Holland 2006]

September 24th, 2010 - Arena, Zagreb - I was there
July 17th, 2012 - Spaladium Arena, Split - I'll be there

stevGNR666

stevGNR666

OH MY GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,449 posts
  • 17-January 04
awesome madison
too bad i made the lackluster performance
one man's bullshit is another man's bible.

Alan Niveen

Alan Niveen

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,116 posts
  • 18-May 05
Very cool review Madison!

I thought Axl had said more about Izzy. So, it still remains unclear if he'll be onstage as a guest for the last NY show. :question:

Edited by Alan Niveen, 16 May 2006 - 06:34 AM.

IZZY, SLASH, AXL, DUFF, STEVEN & MATT ARE IN THE HOF AS GUNS N'ROSES. SUCK ON THAT !

Spoon87

Spoon87

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 15,956 posts
  • 21-September 04
Very well written reviews, thanks madison!

I am so hyper-jealous that I can't witness these shows, alone reading these reviews make me all enthusiastic.

"This is what I live for..." awesome Robin, plain and simple awesome.
Mönchengladbach, 08/06/2012: GUNS 'N FUCKIN' ROSES!!!!