Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

GNR Played Surprise Gig Tonight in NYC!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
161 replies to this topic

angel of music

angel of music

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts
  • 07-March 06
wow, no way! this is so exciting!! i can't wait for that documentary or whatever i hope they really put some kind of recording out there! the set sounds like perfection! what wouldn't i do to have some kind of audio or video of this!!

Axl is back babyyy!!! and this time is for real!!! you can just tell he's happy and in the right place this time.. this years is the year of GNFR!!!!!!

expect CD this fall!!

ssiscool

ssiscool

FRONTMAN

• Supporters
  • 17,128 posts
  • 17-May 05
cool

Posted Image
Keep me running like a deer in the headlights

patient

patient

Junior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
  • 14-November 02

Finally... This is what rock n roll is all about... Axl has ditched the Jerseys and his new look is incredible. From all the photos and recordings from the Hammerstein shows the New Guns look brilliant and now this acoustic set. Axl is doing what we all knew he would. Us guns fans are going to be rewarded for our loyalty with Axl at his brilliant best. His attitude looks like he is enjoying what he is doing and for him to do a acoustic set its like returning to grass roots rock n roll.

We now have two brilliant Rock groups going round playing rock like its meant to be played. With passion and attitude. The New Guns and Velvet Revolver are cool. Some hate VR and love guns, some hate guns n love VR but i love them both, i love rock n roll, I love Axl, I love slash, they inspire me,

ROCK AND ROLL IS BACK MY FRIENDS rock2 rock3 rock4

i couldnt have put it any better myself. thats exactly how i feel. i was surprized how good axl has come back.
im delighted he proved his doubters (includin me!)
an acoustic show shows the vibe the guys are feelin. this is great!
'to find a spark for my determination'

Whee1010

Whee1010

Full

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • 06-April 05
Holy sheet :o This is so fuckin' awesome. There are no words, only emoticons: :shades: :shocked: rock2 rock3 :D
I wish I had a cool sig. But I will make no effort to realize this dream.

Forsaken

Forsaken

Annuit Cɶptis

• MOD SQUAD
  • 12,999 posts
  • 19-February 05
is there any audio of this gig?

You've gone sketchin' too many times.... ooooooooh why don't you give it a rest.

Dani69

Dani69

Junior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • 26-March 05

Axl is back babyyy!!! and this time is for real!!!

wait and see... I'm fascinated they did the acoustic gig & the tour. The new songs rock. But we all thought the same in 2002...

Sometimes I need some time... on my own

Posted Image

Sometimes I need some time... all alone

Reaction

Reaction

Junior

• Returned
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts
  • 01-April 06
New pics?

Martina

Martina

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts
  • 05-September 05

New pics?

thanks for link
has someone got bigger versions of that pics? please... :heart:
axl looks so happy there,and looks like he enjoyed the night rock4 B)
SIGNATURE EDITED: PLEASE CHECK SIGNATURE GUIDELINES: http://www.mygnrforu...?showtopic=9592

(NO ADVERTISING OR LINKS)

*ParadiseCityGirl*

*ParadiseCityGirl*

OH MY GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,467 posts
  • 06-July 05
I'm literally tweakin out right now :lol: I couldn't get on to the site yesterday and I get on here today and HOLY HELL all this stuff! Especially this acoustic gig! And Izzy got on stage with Axl and played?! Fucking hell i'm so happy...and I wasn't even there :lol: .

JennaSide through my point of view you are the luckiest female on earth right now and i'd totally kill to be you! You danced with AXL ROSE :shocked: ? God your lucky...and you talked to the other band members and such too? To have something like that happen to me would be absoulutley amazing. It will too :)

Axl looks so good in all the pics,..his outfits and the way he looks with people/ the band in all the pictures, I definatley think its the right time for him to 'return'.
Best frontman on earth again?
rock3
Posted Image
Lay my hands on heaven and the sun and the moon and the stars
while the devil wants to fuck me in the back of his car...

nRo™

brizobst

brizobst

Junior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • 03-March 06
If I get cancer, and I'm about to die, and its my birthday coming up, and I get one wish... wait, I forgot where I was going with this.

Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts
  • 07-February 05
A fisticuffs with Hilfigger eh?

Shame he couldn't have smacked his ugly daughter as well
Posted Image

Its such a sad thing to see Beauty Decay

smokingarthur

smokingarthur

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts
  • 17-June 05
I am going to the Tool show shortly. Pics from this mornings early gig will make there way here shortly. When I have the video, I will post a link like I have done previoulsy.

New pics?

Thanks for posting..

kannon21

kannon21

SUPER GOD

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,324 posts
  • 02-April 05
Really cool outfit!!! rock3 he seems so happy, he's really enjoying it now! B)

Kannon.
SIGNATURE EDITED: PLEASE CHECK SIGNATURE GUIDELINES: http://www.mygnrforu...?showtopic=9592
***20KB MAX in Size***

W. Axl Kev

W. Axl Kev

OH MY GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,507 posts
  • 11-February 05

The funny thing is, before I heard that new Axl radio interview I was thinking that the last NYC shoes reminded me of the Ritz in 1991 as a pre-warm up, and last night reminded me of CBGB from '87.
Maybe Axl's just firing these things spontaneously, or maybe it's calculated? either way its very very smart of his part - well played! ;)

Also, is it me or is one of the most pleasing aspects of this impromtu visit to this birthday bash is that it's a very friendly, pro-active(and dare I say it) un-Axl-like thing to do?
Yep, this is worrying, they're acting like a real band!! B)

Axl and New Guns' are certainly back - and things are looking very good indeed.

UK SUBS.

I see that Subsy and I raise you a 'Chinese Democracy'! :D

Goin' to Hammersmith?

Posted Image
mygnrgument

smokingarthur

smokingarthur

GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,244 posts
  • 17-June 05
To anyone who is interested and in NYC tonight the 19th.... At the show this morning there was a mention of a club called SNAFU. I think it is on the east side in the 40's. I do not know what will happen there, if anything. I am just trying to pass some info. From what I understand, Rosario will probably be there with some of her friends. I do not know weather or not it relates to GNR. This comes from someone who was at the show. NOT ME, I was not there. The pics are really cool from the show. Like I said before, when I get the video, I will post a link. I will not be able to reply again until tomorrow. It's Tool time!!!