better version of 16 sec "check mate"

Frozen Inferno

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JohnUlmer

I'll be very surprised if it's a fake.

No one else can do that nasal-whine-rasp that's in the song when he screams, "FOOAAAR!" and "Heaaad".

well, as far as I can tell from that 16 secs of so-so quality, it's Axl. Hard to say anything 'bout the songs. But if feel that it's in the sam league as the rest of the new leaks. just a little more rocking. not saying that its better, just more rockin.

lol at this song. It sounds like it was from 1983 pre GnR throw aways. This song is generic. I hope to god this is a fake, worst song ever. Compared to the rest of the leaks, this is pure ass.

How can you say that, just after hearing 16 seconds of the song? :confused:

the question is the topic's title...

It's being arranged to have all four concert DVDs leaked and duplicated. The same guy that got the MSG show in 2002 did all four of these. The video quality seems awesome and apparently the audio kicks ass too.

No one else can do that nasal-whine-rasp that's in the song when he screams, "FOOAAAR!" and "Heaaad".

singers in GnR tribute bands pull it off all the time (some quite convincingly)

...I'm skeptical of this,seems fake to me

but IF it's not...sounds kinda cool

No, I'm pretty sure this is legit. I think it's cool too. It sounds like the new guns, but with a hint of the old stuff, really upbeat too. I think this would make a greater album opener (of course, you can't tell much from 16 seconds).

If it is real, it was probably recorded way back in 1999 or something and may not even make it onto CD. Moreover, this clip is just another display as to why the record has been delayed. Axl doesn't want his voice to sound like that on the record, and it sounds weak, like the 2002 tour. Wouldn't be surprised if this song has been completely re-recorded, or just vocally redone. Right now, it doesn't have the same Axl punch vocally, as IRS or Better has. If his vocals on this track eventually sound very raspy like IRS, it would have definite potential.

That's Axl fo sure! :)

To bad, it's just a short clip.........Damn it, I hate fuckers who do this! ....If you have it.....leak the whole song mother fucker, or keep it to yourself! :fuckyou:

Edited by Funeral

It sounds like Axl....I can easily visualise him singing it. It has to be the best fake yet & No-ones came up with proof yet that it isn't GNR. I'm not convinced about the song yet. I think its a "grower"

I still think that DJ, Bazz or Dazz or whatever is name is still a stupid scum sucking fuckwit who should die slowly by being given Japanese death of 1000 cuts whilst having his bowels extracted through multiple bodily orrifices :fuckyou: