anyone seen this video? from the acoustic gig

mahimahi

Go and watch some old dvd's and see that Slash "Butchered" it too.

Shut up mate, Slash used to play that solo nearly perfectly every time, Finck just completely murders it every time he attempts to play it.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's really cool. I'd like to hear a 'less accoustic' song from this gig, though. November Rain is a PIANO BALLAD. Doesn't take too much to make that accoustic, does it? I want to hear IRS, The Blues, Paradise City, Welcome to the Jungle, or something like that: a real hardcore rocker stripped down to its elements.

i dont get it people dont realise that some guaitar players actually have DIFFERNET FUCKING STYLES. My god do you really wanna hear the solos all be just like slahes?

Yeah most people do, certainly me, i mean Finck is trying to play it like Slash but he just can't handle it, it's too much for him, the fact is Finck isn't in Slash's league.

I love how the word 'butchered' on this forum is used to mean played it differntly than the original. Guess what, guys? I saw Pearl Jam earlier this week, and Mike McCready butchered every solo by your standards. It's called sponteneity (I may well have spelled that very wrong). Robin is a very different guitarist than Slash. You want Slash? Go on YouTube, and instead of searching for clips from recent Guns concerts, look for Velvet Revolver. I had trouble accepting it too, but the reality is this: Slash now makes bad music with VR while Robin owns with Guns. Period. Please get over it.

great vid, i hope there is more

I think finck could nail this solo perfectly, but hasnt put his full 110% into it. I mean the guitarist in my band has been playing for like 3 years and nails the solo, so i m pretty sure finck could. And its not like Slash never messed up during shows. Its a live show, take it for what it is.

Edited by Philly Guns

I think the solo was very good. He played with a lot of feelings there. I have to admit that I like Robin Finck more and more now. He is much better now, just compare it to the solo in 02. Even you die-hard Finck fans must admit that he messed up that part back then.

Go Finck! rock3 rock1 rock2 rock3

And THIS is why people hate Robin Finck. He fucked that solo up so embarassingly bad.

Even the guy to the left of him (Fortus?) was looking at him like, "Dude, what the fuck are you doing?"

Edited by OTHAFA

And THIS is why people hate Robin Finck. He fucked that solo up so embarassingly bad.

Even the guy to the left of him (Fortus?) was looking at him like, "Dude, what the fuck are you doing?"

So true! Finck has been in the band for 10 years, and almost nobody knows that he is the lead guitarist. That's embarrassing too.

Guest JohnUlmer

It's very cool, but I still don't get Finck. He's just not that good, his solos are too techno for the older songs - NR should be played with lots of emotion, and although I give him props for TRYING, I honestly don't think he really knows how to play this type of stuff. He's better at the industrial NIN-style stuff like Better and TWAT (his solo on that is great because it fits the song).

Holy shit, my speakers exploded as soon as Finck attempted to play that solo. And people wonder why some of us haven't accepted the new band yet...

C.W.K.

That's true! Like I've written before, Finck is a good and commited professional trying his way through, but is missing that Slash kind of thing, pure talent and intense feeling on the guitar.

Edited by thorhail91

wow..this shot is awesome!.....

..and yeah..thx to the people who i have sent the 15th boot..and who have NOT informed me..that there is a fuckin' shot of the secret unplugged gig...very nice...good to know now...

..."i dedicate this songs to my good old friends:...you're crazy..."