Detroit 2002

Snakepitwalker

I thought I did good buying floor seat's and man was I wrong, There wans't any seat's just places to stand. Sucked, I ended up running from a security gaurd and stealing a nose bleed seat. CKY sucked, Mix master mike ripped it up, and Axl was great. He opend the show doned in a Red Wing jersey. I was bummed that he didn't play paradise city, but I'd go see the show again if I could. I wish it was the old guys, Buckethead just doesn't cut it when it comes to the old tunes.

Good show, AXL sounded great for many songs highlights were: Live and Let Die, Outta To Get Me, Welcome to Jungle

I really believe the show was cut short due to a city ordinance that shows can't continue past a certain time (must be midnight) Apparently years ago, Ted Nugent played until 4AM.  Love the new lineup, very professional Buckethead, Brain, Robin Finck all played hard and didn't miss much.  Somebody else on another board said they didn't have the stage presence that Slash and the old guys had, I disagree the only stage presence they were missing was not being stoned out of their gourds like the old crew.

• 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...
Guest siliconmessiah

Exactly What happened here. Did the tour end??

Was any of you there and watching?

Axl look tired, thinking about other stuff than the concert.

Anyone has the facts??

(((It´s now availible in the DOWNLOAD/VIDEO forum)))

/

siliconmessiah

Guest siliconmessiah

The band totally botched Patience, Axl got mad and walked off the stage. The tour didn't end for another week or so.

Surprised he didn't fire them

Ah, I would´ve been so pissed. Leaving the poor other guys looking stupid.... :monkey:

But anyway. Out with the old, in with the new.

Exactly What happened here. Did the tour end??

Was any of you there and watching?

Axl look tired, thinking about other stuff than the concert.

Anyone has the facts??

(((It´s now availible in the DOWNLOAD/VIDEO forum)))

/

siliconmessiah

I was there. The previous poster was right about Patience. After Axl left, the house lights went up and there was no encore of Paradise City. It was quite a let down.

Guest siliconmessiah

He looks like he´s thinking about something. Circling his feet on stage, damn, something was brewing in GNR-camp back then...

He looks like he´s thinking about something. Circling his feet on stage, damn, something was brewing in GNR-camp back then...

I was thinking that too, something like "we've done this so many times and now they totally fuck it".

Guest siliconmessiah

I was thinking that too, something like "we've done this so many times and now they totally fuck it".

Yes, I haven´t heard/seen all of the song, just that little clip.

I mean, Robin´s solo sounds alright. But if the rest of the song has been a fuck up, then I understand.

I was there and it seems more like axl messed up the lyrics? The order or something and robin was stuck. I could be wrong.

Also, he seemed to screw up I used to lover her in NY at Plumm. He shouldn't be hard on the other guys unless he is perfect.

I have also heard him screw up the intro to paradise city. Starts to early or late.

When it all comes together though, its magic.

Edited by taxl