Richard Fortus impressed the most

rockstar81

I read many reviews and people say he is the one who impressed them the most among the new guys. Great playing, bluesy feeling, great stage presence end energy.

I still haven't seen the new band yet, but for those who saw them, do you agree? Was he really good?

Edited by rockstar81

I read many reviews and people say he is the one who impressed them the most among the new guys. Great playing, bluesy feeling, great stage presence end energy.

I still haven't seen the new band yet, but for those who saw them, do you agree? Was he really good?

ya he's fucking great dude! Him and Robin compliment each other perfectly in this band. I don't see how anyone could go to a GNR show and not like Richard Fortus afterwards. He plays with everything he has and pours his heart and soul into his performances.

I've always said that Richard is the coolest out of the new guys. Coolest style, and he always puts everthing into his performance... awesome dude.

*Agrees with Mr. Spoon*. Top guy, very glad he's in the band.

R.

I was at the may 15th show in NYC and I though Robin Finck was awesome. He played awesome the whole night and had a ton of energy. Then during YCBM he went crowd surfing whic was awesome. So Finck is my favorite new member.

May 17th show...Fortus stood WAY out for me,I thought his stage presence was great,his riffs were cool,and I enjoyed what he offered up during his solo the most.

He looked and sounded the role of a rocker...and gave it 110% effort.

I was at the Madrid show. Richard played great, moves a lot and is really enjoying himself. Robin moves a lot too and is a great showman, his guitarplay however is not that great as you might expect it to be. (just a personal opinion)

mr.Q

Edited by mr.Q

I always thought he was a better player than Finck, but in the last few shows he just towers above him!

Richard is the best of the new guys by far, talent wise and presence wise. He's got the Izzy vide, but he moves around more, and he plays bluesy stuff, which is what GNR is. Bluesy hard rock.

You nailed it dude. I think he's awesome. Some might say (with this GNR style I mean) that he imitates the old guys or whatever but that's definitely not true. He seems to be the rythm guitarist who also knows how to play amazing solos with exactly what you say "that bluesy hard rock GNR style".

I've always said Richard is awesome. Very charismatic and energetic onstage -- great presence.

But I have to say I thought Robin stole the show during the Hammerstein gigs - even outshining Axl at times. He was absolutely amazing in the way he played and the way he moved around the stage.

I've always said that Richard is the coolest out of the new guys. Coolest style, and he always puts everthing into his performance... awesome dude.

*Agrees with Mr. Spoon*. Top guy, very glad he's in the band.

R.

Same here. Richard is my favorite "new" member.

I've always said Richard is awesome. Very charismatic and energetic onstage -- great presence.

But I have to say I thought Robin stole the show during the Hammerstein gigs - even outshining Axl at times. He was absolutely amazing in the way he played and the way he moved around the stage.

I agree, Robin is quite an amazing performer. I've always known this.