..solo November Rain..

sixtus

..to the solo...you really see how saul hudson was forced to play this song live...

..GNR 2006/07 really puts all his soul and heart in it...

..amazin'...

..i mean..don't get me wrong..as fuckYourEnemy..sandman..ssiscool..clever fellows by the way..mentioned below..the question how long it took to convince some of the old line up to play this track...was awful..and fuckin' stressfull..

...but NO DOUBT:::...at all...saul hudsion alias slash..did a perfect job on NR..and especially on estranged...one of the reasons w. axl rose never..EVER..would try to piss him off..his solos are part of the history of GNR...

..that's unique...and that's why i think and doubt (unfortunately)...uncle axl would never allow someone else to play "estranged" for example...that's apprecation enough...

..but let's see..perhaps they will play it..or they will play some other "bombs"..own tracks..

:::in the meantime:....

...GNR 2006/07...still a lot to do...trust us....

Edited by sixtus

..to the solo...you really see how saul hudson was forced to play this song live...

..GNR 2006/07 really puts all his soul and heart in it...

..amazin'...

...GNR 2006/07...still a lot to do...trust us....

...............bloedsinn...............

Forced to play it ? :rofl-lol: idiot..

well if Axl tells the truth he was... Axl said once something around this: uh, people say that songs like November Rain can't be played without Slash, do you know how much I had to do to get him to play those fu**ing songs?

EDIT: I still like Slash's solos better

Edited by Revolver

I think you guys should lay off Sixtus... I see what he is saying.

Axl said the whole recording session on USE YOUR ILLUSIONS was a nightmare. All the guys would bitch and argue about who's songs and who's parts they record. He said Slash wouldn't do this on mine unless I did this on his, Izzy wouldn't do this if this guy didn't do this... etc...etc

Considering it's Slash's work, I can't see how someone would think he didn't put his heart and soul into it. That doesn't make sense..

of course it does make sense! .....Slash never wanted to play that song...haven't you heard?!

Yeah I'm sure Slash just despises playing three of the most successful songs of his career.

If that was the case, then why would he have songs like Fall to Pieces, You Got No Right and Loving the Aliens on Contraband?

Use your brain people. It's called common sense.

Edited by OTHAFA

Yeah I'm sure Slash just despises playing three of the most successful songs of his career.

If that was the case, then why would he have songs like Fall to Pieces, You Got No Right and Loving the Aliens on Contraband?

And he's doing a concept album now, something he didn't wanna do 10 years ago with Axl. He's moved on, and realised 'Oh wait, I'm doing something that I could've done 10 years ago'.

And he's doing a concept album now, something he didn't wanna do 10 years ago with Axl. He's moved on, and realised 'Oh wait, I'm doing something that I could've done 10 years ago'.

Not exactly, because I'm pretty sure VR's album will still be rooted in "Rock N Roll", and not the Techno/Industrial path that Axl has taken GnR on.

i got a good reason

maybe because those songs have nothing to do with love, but instead BREAKING UP

there's a difference here

one's a negative feeling, one's positive

not only that, but slash plays blues, and the allmighty gods of blues say "thou shalt play bluesy songs about breaking up to be associated with the blues"

sweet child of mine, patience, and november rain were about the opposite, direct love

and slash is too much of a pansy to play about love

it's simple

Not exactly, because I'm pretty sure VR's album will still be rooted in "Rock N Roll", and not the Techno/Industrial path that Axl has taken GnR on.

:lol: can you tell me which new songs have techno beat ?

:lol: can you tell me which new songs have techno beat ?

:unsure: silkworms?

i got a good reason

maybe because those songs have nothing to do with love, but instead BREAKING UP

there's a difference here

one's a negative feeling, one's positive

not only that, but slash plays blues, and the allmighty gods of blues say "thou shalt play bluesy songs about breaking up to be associated with the blues"

sweet child of mine, patience, and november rain were about the opposite, direct love

and slash is too much of a pansy to play about love

it's simple

No.

Loving the Aliens is about loving your children. Fall to Pieces isn't about breaking up, it's about loving someone so much that you can't live without them. Only YGNR is about breaking up.

Edited by OTHAFA