who has been to a gn'r show

axltheman2003

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to see them in Dublin. i managed to get tickets off people who couldnt go about two weeks before the show it was a great. Its a pity that some people couldn't get to see them due to cancellations. I had the best time there. that was the 9th of june 2006

Edited by katie j

St. Louis 1991

I vividly remember them starting the show with Perfect Crime. Axl ran out on stage wearing a kilt and chest protector and started screaming the lyrics. No one had ever heard the song before. Pretty cool. Saw Izzy sing Dust N' Bones and 14 Years. They played November Rain and Axl mentioned it had probably gone platinum as a bootleg or something. After a bunch of solos, they kicked into Rocket Queen and the rest is history. I actually left (as many of us did) before the riot. I would have liked to stay but my friend nagged me to leave. I heard a rumor that a guy I knew from high school ran on stage and kicked the drum kit. Who knows?

Chicago 2002

I remember Axl saying something like..."People have been calling this a reunion tour. I guess I've got enough pieces of my mind back together to call it a reunion." Pretty funny. Good show. I think Axl nearly impaled himself on a guitar while running across the stage. He doubled over for a second or two. Got to see Buckethead in concert.

New York (First show at Hammerstein) 2006

At one point, I seem to remember Tommy pulling Finck out of the way before he got torched with pyrotechnics. (Live and Let Die?)

Saw Axl and patted him on the shoulder at an after-show party in New York.

Stood next to Finck and Bach too. It was at a nightclub in the lower east side. Awesome night to say the least!

20.04.92 Freddie Mercury Tribute concert-Wembley

14.06.92 Maine Road-Manchester

22.05.93 Milton Keynes Bowl

13.07.93 Bercy-Paris

07.06.06 Hammersmith-London

25.07.06 NEC-Birmingham

29.07.06 Wembley Arena-London.

The last three gigs were out of this world!!

Wasn't the manchester gig cancelled or somthing? Or postponed or... I can't remember.

But Hammersmith and Wembley, hell yeah :xmasssanta: We can never tire of talking about those concerts.

Where were you at Hammersmith and Wembley?

At hammersmith was 3rd row then eventually to the front, just of right hand side of the centre part, sort of like between Axl and tommy.

Yes, we got to Maine Road and they told us it was cancelled. Axl and Steph had had a tiff! So we all trouped off home. Waste of a days leave , but what can you do! It was rescheduled for the following Sunday. There was riot police there just in case it was called off again and we played up. But the show went on. It was great. He dedicated Patience to us for waiting 5 days for him, so when he is 2 hours late I don't worry to me that's early!! :P

I was up on the front of the Balcony at Hammersmith, great view without getting crushed and at Wembley, again a great view, just left of the stage, the first seats behind the disabled seats.