Step back

undercovergunner

Forget all gnr history and the old band for a moment.

If you can pretend axl is nobody and this band is struggling to become popular ,would you say this is a good band?

I will be the first to say that this band would become big in no time after hearing all the new material we have in demo version.

If I start my car one day and the radio plays better and the dj says " the song we just played is by a band called guns and roses" I would be on the internet trying to find a release date for the album.

Bumble and finck are a little out of place in my opinion but playing as a group they are kicking ass.

I hope for the most part everyone can agree this is a good band that will put out a excellent album.

Please no comparisons to the old band just thought's on the new one.

If dj on radio played 'the blues' and said its from band called guns n' roses,I would go to net and search somethin' about them and find another their songs...

Id say ''damn this is good''....not really shure about them being mega popular in a minute.......but I think they would be popular.....not much.

not because of quallity of material,but probably because todays music scene sucks and no one would pay attention to new band so called guns n' roses and realise their qualities...or maybe noT?fuck,I dont know....

cool topic.

I would say they are the best cover band in the world. As for the new stuff..... I'd say 'e-e-e-e-e-e-eh.... decent by today's standards.... nothing that will blow today's music out of the water.'

best cover band of who? :rolleyes:

I think you dont really understand this topic......

I think the mainstream would like it, if there was no old band. Its pop-rock, that usually goes over well with good musicians. But the reality of it is that they are and always will be in the shadow of the old band, so to step back and look at it that way is pointless.

The first thing that got me from GNR was Axl's voice and SCHOM lyrics, and then i continued to fall in love with this band with UYI tunes, so if that kind of talent is also in this band it'd get me the same way that band called GNR did almost 16 years ago .

Edited by Sweet

If a DJ played the new stuff and said, "This is by a new band called Guns N' Roses," I'd wonder, "Is he sure he doesn't mean Journey, Bon Jovi, or some other puss-rock band?"

Then I'd put in a CD that rocks to detox from "stardust on my feet," "you stole my heart," "what can I do if I gave my heart to you," and other such sap.

If I saw a picture of the band, I'd say, "Um, two key boardests? Three guitarists to play ballads?"

Pubes

If a DJ played the new stuff and said, "This is by a new band called Guns N' Roses," I'd wonder, "Is he sure he doesn't mean Journey, Bon Jovi, or some other puss-rock band?"

Then I'd put in a CD that rocks to detox from "stardust on my feet," "you stole my heart," "what can I do if I gave my heart to you," and other such sap.

If I saw a picture of the band, I'd say, "Um, two key boardests? Three guitarists to play ballads?"

Pubes

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

I would say they are the best cover band in the world. As for the new stuff..... I'd say 'e-e-e-e-e-e-eh.... decent by today's standards.... nothing that will blow today's music out of the water.'

You really can't read, can you?

Going by this bands material, if I was to not know who they were, and Axl plus the band's name didn't have a past as they do, I can honestly say yes I would be looking for their shit. I'd buy the record and go to the shows. They'd be my favorite band :D

Edited by F*ck Fear

You really can't read, can you?

See definition of "Satire".

See definition of "Satire".

satire is a type of wit. Wit is a type of humour which makes use of knowledge of the subject. When you don't read or understand somthing and try to use satire it doesn't work. Therefore he is not being satarical.

I think the mainstream would like it, if there was no old band. Its pop-rock, that usually goes over well with good musicians. But the reality of it is that they are and always will be in the shadow of the old band, so to step back and look at it that way is pointless.

What is pointless is reading your posts, pot-head..

Pubes

Why are you on this forum you little piece of shit?

As this is the new incarnation of GnR we're talking about, does that mean it doesn't include the 'Appetite' and 'UYI' stuff etc? Just the new stuff to base it on?

Well if I heard the new songs on the radio from this 'Guns N'Roses', I'd just think they were pretty average. Sorry.

Now if the old line-up of GnR, of course under a different name, were to be released as a new band today, and I heard the 'Appetite' and 'UYI' songs playing, then I think it's pretty obvious who I would prefer to listen too and obsess over.

As this is the new incarnation of GnR we're talking about, does that mean it doesn't include the 'Appetite' and 'UYI' stuff etc? Just the new stuff to base it on?

Well if I heard the new songs on the radio from this 'Guns N'Roses', I'd just think they were pretty average. Sorry.

Now if the old line-up of GnR, of course under a different name, were to be released as a new band today, and I heard the 'Appetite' and 'UYI' songs playing, then I think it's pretty obvious who I would prefer to listen too and obsess over.

YES!

Thoes songs would sound so dated played along side of other music thats out these days. I love the direction this new bands going, I think its really going to appeal to alot of people..

And if you don't like it, I heard VR are recording another album. :rolleyes:

What is pointless is reading your posts, pot-head..

Sorry you disagree with me, but theres no need to be a dick about it. :huh:

Edited by sweetness

Pubes

Why are you on this forum you little piece of shit?

Your "independent thought" alarm must have gone off! A fan of Gn'R doesn't just say anything Axl does is great? Man, what jerk I am for my intellectual honesty!

Now continue as you were, friend, admiring the Emperor's new clothes.

Pubes.

PS - Axl says 2+2 is 5, so rethink your sums.

today's music??

care to elaborate?