Does it bother you that CD will only have 5 songs we haven't heard?

Axl_morris

It's supposed to have 13 songs.

We have heard:-

Madagascar

There Was A Time

The Blues

Chinese Democracy

I.R.S

Catcher in the Rye

Better

And a little Checkmate.

My point is, will we all be surprised when we hear CD? Okay, the versions which we heard aren't final versions, but they are what they will sound like on the album. If the leaks never got out, do you think Axl wouldn't play them on this tour? Would he have played them anyway?

I love all these songs, but I can't see this album being "fuckin' mind blowing", "epic proportion" and how Axl is trying to deliver the best album he possible could. Dizzy saying "CD will redefine rock". These songs are great, but do they deserve to be blowing there trumpit? They never made such statements about there previous albums which are rated pretty high.

I can see Chinese Democracy, at best, equalling Appetite for Destruction. I don't think it will be rated any greater. Just another album thatll be a classic. I can't see it sticking out as the best album of all time.

I love all these songs, but I can't see this album being "fuckin' mind blowing", "epic proportion" and how Axl is trying to deliver the best album he possible could. Dizzy saying "CD will redefine rock". These songs are great, but do they deserve to be blowing there trumpit? They never made such statements about there previous albums which are rated pretty high.

Isn't that just you having unrealistic expectations of it?

These are all quotes from Richard/Dizzy/Bazz.

Who said all those songs will actualy be on CD?

The tracklist hasn't even been finalised yet.

Well why would they play them on a reguler basis? And they said they are happy with the feedback...

Edited by Axl_morris

Ahh, all this talk about the album. Can't you just wait until the album comes out?! anyone would think you've had to wait years for it?!...

well, how much can we talk about?

the news is at a standstill for this tour

we can't talk about the concerts here

not much to discuss that hasn't been discussed over the past 10 years

Isn't that just you having unrealistic expectations of it?

These are all quotes from Richard/Dizzy/Bazz.

Well why would they play them on a reguler basis? And they said they are happy with the feedback...

Why? So that they have new material to play and don't have to give away anything from the album

Ahh, all this talk about the album. Can't you just wait until the album comes out?! anyone would think you've had to wait years for it?!...

The sarcasm detector is well and truly out then?...

does songs will not be on CD you morron...

2/3 of them will close this

or atleast move it to the grave dust n bones

Why am I a morron for thinking that? Can I see some confirmation that only 2 or 3 songs from the list will be on the CD? Exactly, you can't, so until you find some, it stays here.

I can see the point that Axl Morris has, but i think we brought it upon ourselves by downloading the tracks. I know people say the tracklist ain't been finalised. But it would astound me if NONE of the tracks which we've heard are on it. Still, even if we've heard most of it, there could be changes to style and that could mean that it's fresh enough.

G

The sarcasm detector is well and truly out then?...

it's 8 o' clock

my brain's goooooooooooooone

I'll be really surprised if the 5 songs we havent heard are any good because it seems like those 7 songs are the strongest ones cuz Axl's played them live and or have been leaked. Besides Axl already said his favourite songs are from that list.

I hope they're even better than the ones we've heard so far but I doubt it cuz then he wouldve played them live already or someone wouldve mentioned something about the other songs being really amazing.

Even Ron said his favs were from that list.

No, I expect the studio versions of the leaks to be more polished and... different? The CD will be worth it, whether we know a few songs or not. For the time its taken, it better be sweet, but I wouldnt expect too much...

well firstly, catcher in the rye is apparently not on the album so that leaves 6 songs. But yea I can see what you're saying but I'm sure that the songs we have heard are slightely different to the final thing. Also that's why I try not to listen to them very often so that it's still a bit of a surprise or new when they come out

They will ,most likely be on some cd, but not all of them on the first one.

It's like, GNR played Don't Cry in 86, but they did not put it on apetite, nor on gnr lies

We don't know how the tracklist will be for Chinese democrasy, but I reckon there is more than 5 songs we havent heard

I'm starting to think that the songs that have been played live and that we already knew aren't gonna be on CD! I know it seems kinda estrange but think about it, the band isn't stupid, they know we already heard the songs, I expect surprises in C. Democracy.

By tha way...if you are afraid of not be surprised with the CD you should think about it when you started download it in the first place....I personaly prefered to wait, I only heard madagascar, and the blues and a litle bit of Chinese Democracy...all accidents!! LOL!

Rock On Gunners!!

There is no guarantee any of those will be on the album, and certainly not in the form that we've heard them. We've only heard demos and live performances - no where near finished, polished product. Even if we haven't heard 5 songs, the album versions of the songs we have heard will be stunning, and still leaves us near half an album to look forward too - if that stays the same.

It's supposed to have 13 songs.

We have heard:-

Madagascar

There Was A Time

The Blues

Chinese Democracy

I.R.S

Catcher in the Rye

Better

And a little Checkmate.

My point is, will we all be surprised when we hear CD? Okay, the versions which we heard aren't final versions, but they are what they will sound like on the album. If the leaks never got out, do you think Axl wouldn't play them on this tour? Would he have played them anyway?

I can see Chinese Democracy, at best, equalling Appetite for Destruction. I don't think it will be rated any greater. Just another album thatll be a classic. I can't see it sticking out as the best album of all time.

Thats mostly your fault that you listened to the leaks, so you ruined any surprise by yourself. I havent listened to them myself. But I think your expecting too much if you think that this will be the best album of all time. Chances are good, that it wont be.

Bearing in mind, many mainstream fans won't have heard any of the songs, at all. Heard about them, but not heard them - unless the attend the concerts. So, to most people, who don't spend their lives on boards such as this, it'll be a surprise.

IF

Madagascar

There Was A Time

The Blues

Chinese Democracy

I.R.S

Catcher in the Rye

Better

..are all on the album and I only get 5/6 tracks I haven't heard before, I will be a bit muffed. As cool as it will be to hear studio versions of them all polished, I have been listening to them non-stop for months (or years in cases with the 02 tracks).

But that's not going to change my view on the album, as it's mostly my fault. That's the price I pay as a GNR fan for being so eager to hear everything I possibly can.

Plus, on the flipside, I love those songs so much I'd probably be madder if they weren't on the album. So yeah..