Why are you Attracted to Guns ' Roses

warchild

We have not even to risk the adventure alone,

the Hero's of all time have gone before us.

They have shown us the path to go - ....Why we need GnR? - They touch something deep in us, they speak to us, with no words- and thats the best what music can do!!

I saw them live just a few weeks ago - after 14 years - again. And I can say - it was magic, this band rocks, this band can play!!!

To warchild: Deepest respect- your words are really, really deep. Fascinating post! sincerely

Edited by cosmasophia

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warchild! Great writing! Wish I could put it into words like that!

Anyway.. We are all attracted to curtain things in life. For one reason or another. Maybe we were connected in a past life. Or maybe we are drawn together for some reason unknown to us. I can't answer that, But when I meet hardcore gnr fans I feel a sense of closeness I can't put into words. Life has a funny way of connecting some people. I am just glad to be part of this! And I am not going to fight it!

peace out

amy

by the way your writing is a lot like Danny Sugarmans. Did you just read his book, on gnr?

Edited by AmyL

Guest cherry_bomb

why i love them now is different to what initially attracted to them.

why i was attracted to them - there were 2 stages of attraction, the initial attraction was when i was 13, and had no musical substance in my life. listening to AFD the first time was like a smack in the face! i thought i was so fucking bad ass for listening to it. i loved it for ages, then drifted away from it. a few years later, i digged it out and realised what i had been missing. THEN i watched the UYI dvds....i still get the same feeling. just in total awe.

They have shown us the path to go - ....Why we need GnR? - They touch something deep in us, they speak to us, with no words- and thats the best what music can do!!

I saw them just a few weeks ago - after 14 years - again. And I can say - it was magic, this band rocks, this band can play!!!

To warchild: Deepest respect- your words are really, really deep. Fascinating post! sincerely

Thanx.....W is admnittedly crazy, but not stupid!

KUDOS

Warchild! Great writing! Wish I could put it into words like that!

Anyway.. We are all attracted to curtain things in life. For one reason or another. Maybe we were connected in a past life. Or maybe we are drawn together for some reason unknown to us. I can't answer that, But when I meet hardcore gnr fans I feel a sense of closeness I can't put into words. Life has a funny way of connecting some people. I am just glad to be part of this! And I am not going to fight it!

peace out

amy

by the way your writing is a lot like Danny Sugarmans. Did you just read his book, on gnr?

Eons ago, I skimmed it.........liked "no one here gets out alive also!" Jim is a personal hero of mine

W.

I saw them just a few weeks ago - after 14 years - again. And I can say - it was magic, this band rocks, this band can play!!!

Thanx! Ditto your way, and KUDOS!

W.

You got arrested a little while ago WC? So did Axl.

You're over 40? So is Axl.

Warchild got a new g/f recently? So did Axl.:)

They both rule.

Nop, as far as I know his girlfriend is still JALP ;):)

GOAB, you are a lucky motherfucker, did you know? :P:lol:

Ahhhhh, but who is JALP?

Again after page three i didnt even know what was this thread about but anywayz here is my answer :confused:

Just listen to GNR songs and see Axl live in concert, or read GNR lyrics, then you'll find why Im attracted to them :shades:

The reason why everyone is attracted to GNR is because they feel a connection with Axl.

Axl's lyrics come from real life situations. When he writes his songs and sings them..we all feel like he understands our dilemas and we feel like he is a friend to us all.

Ask any GNR fan this and they'll agree that the connection is this.

Warchild got a new g/f recently? So did Axl.:)

They both rule.

THANX RED EUROPE!

KUDOS!

W.

I will never 100% believe that WC is not Axl Rose..no matter what he says

On topic: I became attracted to Guns 'N Roses because of 3 things....

1. the vulgarity, it was so angry and pure.

2. The emotion in every guitar note of every verse of every song.

3. and the most important one....the energy and charisma(both live and in studio)

Sheer Coincidence 3rd wheel.......Synchronicity.........

FUCK THE POLICE!

KUDOS

W.

I'm attracted to Guns N' Roses because from the begining I felt something listening to it!!

It was 1992, and my brother stole a CD from our cousin's house. We just wanted to try our new CD player, and by chance, he took UYI II. We were just testing the CD, we didn't know who te hell Guns N' Roses was!! And we listened to it!! It was awesome!! :o I felt something inside me!! I don't know, I can't explain that feeling!! And the most curious thing, it's that I didn't understand english, but I felt the songs. I even cried listening to some songs without knowing the meaning!! Oh my God!! That was really good!! My favorite song at the begining was "Breakdown". That song really touched my heart!! *sigh*

Since then, I can't stop listening to Guns N' Roses!! It motivated me to learn english. I used to look for the lyrics, and I used to translate every single word. The final meaning of the song was a mess, but I learned!! :D And look at me now!! I learned english, and I still love Guns N' Roses!!

Axl's voice went inside my heart, and made me laugh, cry, and hallucinate, while Slash's guitar scratched my soul!! Oh My God....I can't describe it, but I fell in love with Guns N' Roses in 1992, and today is 2006, and I'm still in love like the first day, or even more!! :wub:

Ok.... :lol: Kinda corny my post, but that's what I feel!! ;)

Edited by sarsura

Gotta love guns and you gotta love warchild for his mythical post an apperence.

I for one found GNR suiting becouse it fits for your whole life. The fuck you situations and the more sensible and subtle situations. They all got a song connected to that emotion. That is what seperates good band from bad band. Some bad band only focus on one emotion. While good take em all.

Appetite was about rock n roll and love

While the illusions albums where more about lost love and feeling alone in the universe.

Great to see you around WC

Rest in Peace Syd :(

The music mainly. Whatever anyone says these records have lasted way beyond other bands of the era. They havent even had a martyr to nail the publicity on like Nirvana. Rocket Queen is almost 20 years old and it beats the fuck out of a Faster Pussycat ballad. Ever generation produces a band and GNR is the one. By luck, misjudgment and egomania may I present Guns N Roses?

"Let the music do the talking"

The reason why everyone is attracted to GNR is because they feel a connection with Axl.

Axl's lyrics come from real life situations. When he writes his songs and sings them..we all feel like he understands our dilemas and we feel like he is a friend to us all.

I see you've polled each and every GN'R fan. Must've missed me cuz I didn't get the call. <_<

Anyways, to answer the question, it comes down to the whole package. Unlike some bands that had this or that, GN'R had it all. The look, the attitude, the swagger, the band, the frontman, the music, the lyrics, and the volatility.

Edited by KBear

I wouldnt speek for such a vast majority, because as a GNR fan I'll tell you that Axl is only one reason I like that band.

I wouldnt speek for such a vast majority, because as a GNR fan I'll tell you that Axl is only one reason I like that band.

:o So she missed two people! Could there actually be more?? :lol:

Maybe... just maybe...

Maybe... just maybe...

U mean new GnR...???

If u mean new u're right, if u mean old...I guess there's more and more to add