Can we record an ORIGINAL together?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have we got lyrics?

No, but we should worry more about the music first. Once we've got the whole track down we can lay the vocals over it.

quad- guitar sounds awesome. If I had the whole decision in my hand, I would just use it as the guitar track for the song. I'm serious. The drum machine sounds good too. If it was up to me I would just add bass and vocals and call it a song.

Cool shit Glick.

you guys are too kind. i'll try to find an order for those parts, but i'll wait to see if anyone else wants to throw in some.

any ideas on the pattern? of course there's the usual intro, long verse, short chorus, short verse, long chorus, bridge (solo 1), and extra long chorus (solo 2). i'd say that's best for now, maybe more complicated next time.

you guys didn't pick up on me playing the nightmare before christmas song, i'm shocked!

any ideas on the pattern? of course there's the usual intro, long verse, short chorus, short verse, long chorus, bridge (solo 1), and extra long chorus (solo 2). i'd say that's best for now, maybe more complicated next time.

Let me give my very honest opinion. I like the way the guitar is till 2:54. So we could just use that part for the song, you know the catchy 3 minute single.

And honestly, I like it so much, that if I had my way, I would throw bass & vocals on the guitar track till 2:54, and call it the MYGNR band's first song.

Think about it this way, there's always time for other songs, where we can use the rest of your riffs (which rule), and the industrial keyboard-based idea.

Just my opinion:

WE HAVE A SONG. LAY BASS AND VOCALS DOWN AND THAT'S IT!

Other member's contributions and songs can wait for later, who knows? We might even end up with an 8 track album!

ok, so when i do my part do i just record it straight onto mic what about making a clean sound hae u got someone to clean up all the instruments

When we get the bass, drums, and guitar together and mix them, then our producers will probably do some remastering. Then we'll lay the vocals on top.

Lyrics?

i'm uploading it now, the quality wasn't that great to start with, so i'm keeping it in wav format. only problem is that it's 140 megs for 3 and a half minutes.

i sung along with some old lyrics and came up with a pretty good melody, but i'd be happy to take it off if someone can do better.

it's gonna take another half hour to upload.

edit- done http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...798BCA9346802D1

i'll upload one without the vocals later

Edited by quadlaser

Just downloading it now, but will take a little while because my connection isn't fantastic by any means. So I might as well ask now

What key is the song in and also is it downtuned at all?

it's drop d tuned, also half a step down, in the key of d. wait till the drums are done until you record, because i'll have to rerecord this too, to match the drums bpm. but please do write the bassline in the meantime.

note for the drummer- i didn't use a metronome, so don't use headphones while you record. just decide what you're going to play for each part, write down the order, play and record it.

edit- if that's impossible or really hard to do, just lemme know and i'll rerecord with a metronome.

Edited by quadlaser

Just downloading it now, but will take a little while because my connection isn't fantastic by any means. So I might as well ask now

What key is the song in and also is it downtuned at all?

it's drop d tuned, also half a step down, in the key of d. wait till the drums are done until you record, because i'll have to rerecord this too, to match the drums bpm. but please do write the bassline in the meantime.

note for the drummer- i didn't use a metronome, so don't use headphones while you record. just decide what you're going to play for each part, write down the order, play and record it.

edit- if that's impossible or really hard to do, just lemme know and i'll rerecord with a metronome.

Ah, thanks a lot man. I'll get started writing, not like I got anything else to do :krider:

Just to verify, is it Drop D and another half step to make it C#? Or is it just Drop D on the E string?