Manchester 23-07-06

gnr=axl

Well what to say about this concert it was quite simply mind-blowing, i was at Hammesmith and i thought that was great but it really wasn't a patch on Manchester, i mean it just had it all. To get to meet a cpl of u guys from the forum ruled aswell, Dory and Sofika i hope to see both of u again and Grimo it sucked that we didn't get to meet up as planned. Oh and Nadine cheers for the txt well iw as stood right behind ya hehe.

Starting with Jungle, Easy and Brownstone the pit was intense everyone surging forward and going nuts (me included) it was 100 times more intense then Hammersmith and was like it for the whole set, i was getting crushed but lets face it you just don't care when you are watching GUNS N' FUCKIN' ROSES.

Better was 1 of the best songs of the night and was the song that i went craziest for jumping up and down and singing my heart out, i seemed to be the only 1 to know the words of the people around me and at the end 1 guy asked me what song that was so i tild him and he was like that song is fucking amazing rock3 .

Best solo of the night has to go to Mr Richard Fortus it was simply electrifying, Ron although there was a fuck up when he was gonna start his Don't Cry solo when there was no sound on the guitar or the mic was brilliant and the crowd were singing along. Finck and Fortus's version of Beautiful was well beautiful and was well recieved.

I WAS KINDA TOLD OFF BY AXL TOO HAHA. When he said something like continuing with introductions i screamed out for Izzy and then got a chant going for Izzy with the people around me to which Axl replied don't spoil it :rofl-lol:, although had it not of been Izzy i think i would of got a kicking lol. Too see Izzy was simply amazing and i just can't describe what it felt like to actually be there to see him on stage with Axl

:xmasssanta: .

The end of the show was brilliant IRS, My Michelle, Madagascar and Paradise City for the encore i mean you just can't beat that, so to put it simply it was the BEST CONCERT OF THE TOUR YET. rock3

Setlist:

Welcome To The Jungle

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Live and Let Die

Guitar Solo [Robin]

Sweet Child O' Mine

Knockin' On Heaven's Door

Better

Jam

Piano Solo [Dizzy]

The Blues

Guitar Solo [Richard]

Guitar Solo [Robin]

Out Ta Get Me

Guitar Jam [Ron]

November Rain

You Could Be Mine

Don't Cry [Ron]

Think About You (w/ Izzy Stradlin)

Patience (w/ Izzy Stradlin)

Guitar Solo [Robin]

Nightrain (w/ Izzy Stradlin)

Encores:

I.R.S.

My Michelle

Madagascar

Paradise City (w/ Izzy Stradlin)

*EDIT*

Just to add the whole band were on top form everyone giving 100% and Axl welll the man is just out of this fucking world when he is on the stage.

Edited by gnr=axl

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well what to say about this concert it was quite simply mind-blowing, i was at Hammesmith and i thought that was great but it really wasn't a patch on Manchester, i mean it just had it all. To get to meet a cpl of u guys from the forum ruled aswell, Dory and Sofika i hope to see both of u again and Grimo it sucked that we didn't get to meet up as planned. Oh and Nadine cheers for the txt well iw as stood right behind ya hehe.

Starting with Jungle, Easy and Brownstone the pit was intense everyone surging forward and going nuts (me included) it was 100 times more intense then Hammersmith and was like it for the whole set, i was getting crushed but lets face it you just don't care when you are watching GUNS N' FUCKIN' ROSES.

Better was 1 of the best songs of the night and was the song that i went craziest for jumping up and down and singing my heart out, i seemed to be the only 1 to know the words of the people around me and at the end 1 guy asked me what song that was so i tild him and he was like that song is fucking amazing rock3 .

Best solo of the night has to go to Mr Richard Fortus it was simply electrifying, Ron although there was a fuck up when he was gonna start his Don't Cry solo when there was no sound on the guitar or the mic was brilliant and the crowd were singing along. Finck and Fortus's version of Beautiful was well beautiful and was well recieved.

I WAS KINDA TOLD OFF BY AXL TOO HAHA. When he said something like continuing with introductions i screamed out for Izzy and then got a chant going for Izzy with the people around me to which Axl replied don't spoil it :rofl-lol:, although had it not of been Izzy i think i would of got a kicking lol. Too see Izzy was simply amazing and i just can't describe what it felt like to actually be there to see him on stage with Axl

The end of the show was brilliant IRS, My Michelle, Madagascar and Paradise City for the encore i mean you just can't beat that, so to put it simply it was the BEST CONCERT OF THE TOUR YET. rock3

Setlist:

Welcome To The Jungle

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Live and Let Die

Guitar Solo [Robin]

Sweet Child O' Mine

Better

Jam

Piano Solo [Dizzy]

The Blues

Guitar Solo [Richard]

Guitar Solo [Robin]

Out Ta Get Me

Guitar Jam [Ron]

November Rain

You Could Be Mine

Don't Cry [Ron]

Guitar Solo [Robin]

Encores:

I.R.S.

My Michelle

Madagascar

*EDIT*

Just to add the whole band were on top form everyone giving 100% and Axl welll the man is just out of this fucking world when he is on the stage.

wow what a great set list!!! rock2

Wow amazing review David i was waiting to read your experience from the concert,it seems like this concert is going to be unforgettable! I can imagen how exiting and incredible it was..rock3 I feel so happy for you and the rest of the guys who were there last night :D Thank u for sharing your thoughts.

Cheers! rock1

rock1

Setlist:

Welcome To The Jungle

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Live and Let Die

Guitar Solo [Robin]

Sweet Child O' Mine

Better

Jam

Piano Solo [Dizzy]

The Blues

Guitar Solo [Richard]

Guitar Solo [Robin]

Out Ta Get Me

Guitar Jam [Ron]

November Rain

You Could Be Mine

Don't Cry [Ron]

Guitar Solo [Robin]

Encores:

I.R.S.

My Michelle

Madagascar

*EDIT*

ERRRMMM EXCUSE ME!!! u met me aswell but u dint mention my name GRRRRR lol jus kiddin!

it was... there are no words that can describe the feeling!!! it was paradise, it was phenomenal!!!

was a bit sceptical before, because i thought that manchester will be like cold and boring or somthing, but it was quite the opposite! it was fantastic! the crowd was amazing, everyone had a great time, it was the best show ever ever and forever!!!!! wooooow!! speeechless:) but not quite:)

thank u england for this fantastic experience!

Oh and Nadine cheers for the txt well iw as stood right behind ya hehe.

lol thought it was you at first ..needed to make sure :tongue2:

Would actually agree to every point there :heart: best part of course was when he put our flag on...I was flying very high there... :wub:

but yeah despite all the crushing I've had to go through..and delays lol..that was easily the best night of my life, all the anticipation and atmosphere were just brilliant. Don't think you'd get this with any other band. I've been rocking out at my 110% (my neck is still acheing from all that head banging :tongue2: ) and what can I say, Birmingham gig has just topped it all up.

Simply amazing.

the lights were immense in live an let die that was great o yes i woundered why axl ssaid dont spoil it with introductions

Hehe yep that was cos of me :P

Oh and Nadine cheers for the txt well iw as stood right behind ya hehe.

lol thought it was you at first ..needed to make sure :tongue2:

Would actually agree to every point there :heart: best part of course was when he put our flag on...I was flying very high there... :wub:

but yeah despite all the crushing I've had to go through..and delays lol..that was easily the best night of my life, all the anticipation and atmosphere were just brilliant. Don't think you'd get this with any other band. I've been rocking out at my 110% (my neck is still acheing from all that head banging :tongue2: ) and what can I say, Birmingham gig has just topped it all up.

Simply amazing.

Yeah i thought it was you and Rick and so did Dory but we weren't sure so thanks for the text cutie.

I thought was awesome when Axl put your flag on rock3. Easily the best concert and i am trying to get tickets to Wembley on the 30th now.

Setlist:

Welcome To The Jungle

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Live and Let Die

Guitar Solo [Robin]

Sweet Child O' Mine

Better

Jam

Piano Solo [Dizzy]

The Blues

Guitar Solo [Richard]

Guitar Solo [Robin]

Out Ta Get Me

Guitar Jam [Ron]

November Rain

You Could Be Mine

Don't Cry [Ron]

Guitar Solo [Robin]

Encores:

I.R.S.

My Michelle

Madagascar

*EDIT*

god yea the pit was mental and soo fun, someone fell over me as I had to tie my lace up lmao..

ah that was u haha I wondered what went on then :P although I think everyone knew it was Izy

and I was another singing along with Better, was the only one in my area of the crowd too lol, what an ace show!!

Yeah i thought it was you and Rick and so did Dory but we weren't sure so thanks for the text cutie.

But... I had the nerve to go and say hi later unlike someone else *cough*

When did you get to say hi then sweetie? I would of come out and seen you later but i wasn't gonna lose my place near the front :P

But... I had the nerve to go and say hi later unlike someone else *cough*

When did you get to say hi then sweetie? I would of come out and seen you later but i wasn't gonna lose my place near the front :P

When I got in I saw Rik so I gathered my nerves and said hi ^_^

I should have saved those nerves for later though :huh::ph34r:

Dory build up the nerve and come and visit girl hehe x

Ah, but you know I have no nerve :lol:

Well, more than you ;):P

Eh, we'll see ;) I like manchester though

How dare you claim to have more nerve then me, oh it's on now girl :devil: