Guns perform accoustic show at club!!!!

EverythingWasRoses

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

we might get the new song at today concert and the released date for the album as well

if this world was perfect maybe

being that its the last night of the tour, surely they'll suprise us?...right? :unsure:

let hope so

The show was fully filmed by the band's crew, so hopefully it will surface at some point.

So was every show in 1991, 1992, 1993, 2001, 2002, and 2006. It'll probably never surface.

i did not say that

The show was fully filmed by the band's crew, so hopefully it will surface at some point.

So was every show in 1991, 1992, 1993, 2001, 2002, and 2006. It'll probably never surface.

What do you think it happens to all that material? There must be tons of excellent quality recordings, who has them?

Quote from: cyllan (at htgth) on Today at 10:04:26 PM

Just back from the show, perhaps I can shed a little light on the lottery selection. Axl announces from the stage that they are playing two shows tonight, this one and another acoustic set in a club at 3 am. He said that people had been selected at random from their ticket purchases. He read out about 10 names from a list he had and then a little later about another 10 names. These people (plus whoever else they'd booked tickets for, I think) were to go and get a wristband to get them into the club. The final name he read out, at the end of the show, was for an all expenses paid trip to see the band in September in California. At least that's the way it sounded to me.

Was a truly great show, by the way. ok

Apparently there is going to be an accoustic performance at a club somewhere over there at 3am (which it is already??)

Should be awesome, I'm sure we'll hear all the details tommorow!

What do you think it happens to all that material? There must be tons of excellent quality recordings, who has them?

like i said i did not say that

Vaults...

Thomase, what did you not say?

Bobblehat,

Thanks for sharing your unreal experience! Something to tell the grandkids for sure!

I have not found anything, anywhere, in form of pics, audio or vids. Has anyone?

Anxiously awaiting...

Cherry said she has some awesome pics that she'll post later. I believe she was at the front of the stage at the gig so managed to get good ones.

Vaults...

Thomase, what did you not say?

bobblehat @ Jul 29 2006, 11:22 PM)

I've not posted before so you may not believe the following account of tonight, but it's all true! I was at the Wembley gig tonight and my sister had her name read out by Axl. We were in a state of shock for a few minutes before we got off our arses and went looking for our wristbands. A group of people gathered outside S1 section and lucky us, none of the security people had any idea about an acoustic gig. After much walking around and trying to get info on what we had to do, we were told to watch the rest of the show and then to meet at section N1 when people had left the arena where we would be taken down to the standing area (strangely, most of the people who won were in section S8 and had bought their tickets within the last few days).

The winners had to provide photo ID or they wouldn't be allowed their pass (not wristbands like Axl said). We were then given an envelope with the pass and info on the venue. The show was held at Cuckoo club just off Regents Street, so a group of the winners all went and got a night bus to Regents Street as there were no taxi's to be seen! If any of the people that travelled with me to the show read this, please PM me as you were all so nice and it's a shame we didn't get to see each other after the show. I was the girl who kept making you walk to different bus stops.

The club was tiny and the show was just amazing. Sebastian Bach was stood next to me for a long time and he was rocking out to I.R.S and handing cigarettes to Axl. The show started about 4:00am and finished at 5:30am. The songs I can remember being played are (not in order):

Knocking On Heaven's Door

Sailing

Welcome To The Jungle

Sweet Child O' Mine

I.R.S

Used To Love Her

Nightrain

You're Crazy

Mr Brownstone

Paradise City

Patience

There were a few more but I am drawing a blank at the moment. The show was fully filmed by the band's crew, so hopefully it will surface at some point. People took loads of photos so they should surface too.

It was a brilliant and surreal night and I am absolutely knackered but very happy and lucky to have been there. If you have any questions I'll try to answer them but don't shout at me if I can't.

P.S No one got a free CD.

i made my point :P

Edited by thomase

hi there from www.raysgigs.com

i was lucky enough to have been at the guns and roses aftershow gig on Sat 29 July after Wembley show.

The band played a 12 song semi acoustic set lasting 75 mins from 4.15am to 5.30am.

300 people rammed inside made up of guests and competition winners.

1.Youre Crazy...2.Mr Brownstone...3.Used To Love Her...4.Patience....5.Welcome To The Jungle...

6.Knocking On Heavens Door...7.Sweet Child O Mine ....8.???...9.Sailing ....10.Nightrain...

11.???...12.Paradise City ....

Read the full review on my live music website www.raysgigs.com

Just back from the show, perhaps I can shed a little light on the lottery selection. Axl announces from the stage that they are playing two shows tonight, this one and another acoustic set in a club at 3 am. He said that people had been selected at random from their ticket purchases. He read out about 10 names from a list he had and then a little later about another 10 names. These people (plus whoever else they'd booked tickets for, I think) were to go and get a wristband to get them into the club. The final name he read out, at the end of the show, was for an all expenses paid trip to see the band in September in California. At least that's the way it sounded to me.

Apparently there is going to be an accoustic performance at a club somewhere over there at 3am (which it is already??)

hi there from www.raysgigs.com

i was lucky enough to have been at the guns and roses aftershow gig on Sat 29 July after Wembley show.

The band played a 12 song semi acoustic set lasting 75 mins from 4.15am to 5.30am.

300 people rammed inside made up of guests and competition winners.

1.Youre Crazy...2.Mr Brownstone...3.Used To Love Her...4.Patience....5.Welcome To The Jungle...

6.Knocking On Heavens Door...7.Sweet Child O Mine ....8.???...9.Sailing ....10.Nightrain...

11.???...12.Paradise City ....

Read the full review on my live music website www.raysgigs.com

:unsure:

That's awesome. The band is really trying hard with their fans. I like to see that. I hope those who go have an awesome time. :)

Too bad Axl doesn't try harder with the fans and release the album, or play more Illusion songs. Of course, the reason there aren't many Illusion songs being played is because Slash's arrangements are too difficult for Finck to master. Too bad Axl doesn't try harder with the fans and hit the stage on time.

dude....can you please not login anymore

seriously, i mean, if you do not like axl, or the new guys at all, you shouldnt even be on this site

sign onto a forum that only talks about the past - about 15 yrs ago - you and the other losers can enjoy each others hatred of gnr of '06

its fine to have your own opinion and all but when you are saying shit to insight anger in others thats just not cool

grow up dude

seriously

Guest cherry_bomb

i was there :wub:

the most unbelievable experience of my life! im still in total shock. it was fucking insane. and yeah i have some awesome photos which im uploading now, and a few shoddy videos i tried to keep a steady hand for!

i am forever grateful for the person who made this happen, something i'll never forget.

the most unbelievable experience of my life! im still in total shock. it was fucking insane. and yeah i have some awesome photos which im uploading now, and a few shoddy videos i tried to keep a steady hand for!

i am forever grateful for the person who made this happen, something i'll never forget.

We want to know it all ;)

*"put that shit in-to my hand"*

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOUR VIDS! i will worship you forever. how long till theyire uploaded?

WOW

Guest cherry_bomb

*"put that shit in-to my hand"*

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOUR VIDS! i will worship you forever. how long till theyire uploaded?

dont get excited theyre crappy short videos! im not gonna have photos and stuff for an hour or so - so far got 40 pics from acoustic show so bare with me!

EDIT - i have way more than i thought...about 70....!!!!

Edited by cherry_bomb