Longing for Buckethead

AxlRulesTheUniverse

I hated Buckethead when he was in GN'R, but in hindsight - and in comparison to Bumblefoot - he was simply great. Granted, he wasn't anywhere near Slash on the old songs - simply because his style was different - but his shredding on Madagascar was really emotional. It sounds different when Thal plays it - not nearly as good. And holy shit, TWAT's solo was awesome! I realized after this that Buckethead may play with a lot of speed but he captures more emotional than Thal.

I also like his stage presence in hindsight. Buckethead's defining moment in GN'R for me was during It's So Eas at Rock in Rio, when Axl leaped off the stage at the beginning and Buckethead jumped right behind him. They were both in air at the same time (I think) and it just looked really cool, like they had chemistry together on-stage. And Buckethead was a nice throwback to Axl - a complete opposite.

Thal - what does he actually DO?! I was really underwhelmed by his presence in the band. I mean, the guy's nice and all, but I really just don't think he fits the image of the band. BH represented the move from bluesy-rock to techno-rock and his sound fit the "Style" of the new band - whereas Thal doesn't really seem distinct enough.

So...I never thought I'd say this...but I miss Bucket. :o

Bucket is really one of a kinda... Ron Thal has a very very similar style to Bucket... and IMO is the only guy right for the job.

If you don't beleive in Thal's skill go buy some Bumblefoot CD's.

bumblefoot has skill but it doesn't sound as great as buckethead

buckethead irish tour 2007-2009 rock3