Chinese Democracy Release Date Info from local record store

Marky

Well, my local record store 'Adrians' is pretty much the only place that sells records below the top 40. Me and my friends went there today and I asked the guy when the new Guns N Roses album was released. He said between 5 and 10 weeks and he said to come back in about 4 weeks and ask then. He also said that they had many release dates over the past 3 months but it was rescheduled.

Make of that what you will, Im just passing on news.

The publishers and distribution companies speculate just as we do. They have to in order to be ready for major releases.

I don't think the album is going to be released this year, but it could happen very quickly. I mean there is no reason why the band couldn't drop a single out to radio networks tonight and release it in 2 weeks time. Thats the key thing, the single has to come before the album announcement.

Release the single, get the hype up, do interviews and then announce the album.

i hate asking in stores when they look at you like an amatuer fan and say "there's never gonna be a release date :rolleyes: " it pisses me off, they think they know it all <_<

I got the exact same reaction. I don't think I am going to ask anymore because deep down, they probably don't know as much as they think they do.

The publishers and distribution companies speculate just as we do. They have to in order to be ready for major releases.

I don't think the album is going to be released this year, but it could happen very quickly. I mean there is no reason why the band couldn't drop a single out to radio networks tonight and release it in 2 weeks time. Thats the key thing, the single has to come before the album announcement.

Release the single, get the hype up, do interviews and then announce the album.

But thats not G&R though!

rumers :rolleyes: and axl released the album :P

Where do you buy your mushrooms from?

Yeah, man I need some of whatever you're on whenever you post.

Edited by bax

I agree that a release date could be put together very quickly. A single to radio stations in major cities and satellite radio, an appearance on Howard Stern or some other national radio show, an appearance on Saturday Night Live and BOOM goes the dynamite. GNR could be officially back by Thanksgiving.

Or, Axl could continue whipping us while dangling the carrot/cd just in front of us.

I agree that a release date could be put together very quickly. A single to radio stations in major cities and satellite radio, an appearance on Howard Stern or some other national radio show, an appearance on Saturday Night Live and BOOM goes the dynamite. GNR could be officially back by Thanksgiving.

Or, Axl could continue whipping us while dangling the carrot/cd just in front of us.

Boom goes the dynamite-did you see that clip? It was hilarious and yet I felt sorry for the guy.