What do you want out of music?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want too influence people and try not to be an arrogant prick about it at the same time.

But..you..are an arrogant prick.

;)

im sorry, do i know you? do you know me?, no so stfu.

:lol:

meow! get those claws away girls. If you're gonna have an argument...put some balls and effort into it

maybe if i ever come across him i should give him an arabian gas mask? :heart:

Notice the wink at the bottom.

Sorry you didn't realise I was joking and took it to the heart...

Fuckhead

Edited by GNR'R

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

At the present, I just want more work than I got this summer. But in the long run I want to be a signed, touring musician. I want all of it.

No offense, but man, making it in blues is a HAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRD game man. The band I play in has been goin for 25 years, and still haven't landed a major label deal. Or even a major blues label deal. They've only been on 2 different local indy labels, one of which went bankrupt.

Ever heard of Joe Bonamassa? He comes from the same town as me, was signed by Okeh records and is doing great, he's released a few albums already. You just need something they can market, he is a wicked guitar player and appeals to Stevie Ray type fans. There really aren't that many young people who are playing Blues the right way and there is a market for it. My brother and I have appeal because we are young, related, and not ugly, and we bring an emphasis on tradition and a versatility that's hard to find. I'm not saying I'm going to make it for sure but we have some good things going for us.

At the present, I just want more work than I got this summer. But in the long run I want to be a signed, touring musician. I want all of it.

No offense, but man, making it in blues is a HAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRD game man. The band I play in has been goin for 25 years, and still haven't landed a major label deal. Or even a major blues label deal. They've only been on 2 different local indy labels, one of which went bankrupt.

Ever heard of Joe Bonamassa? He comes from the same town as me, was signed by Okeh records and is doing great, he's released a few albums already. You just need something they can market, he is a wicked guitar player and appeals to Stevie Ray type fans. There really aren't that many young people who are playing Blues the right way and there is a market for it. My brother and I have appeal because we are young, related, and not ugly, and we bring an emphasis on tradition and a versatility that's hard to find. I'm not saying I'm going to make it for sure but we have some good things going for us.

Plus, playing at Woodstock 99 can't be bad for business.

Didn't Alligator show some sort of interest in you too?

i want many things.

1) to hang out with my best friends (my band) doing something we love, and doing it together and have fun.

2) To express my feelings, political dilemas, tell stories and stuff. To people get touched and to influence them in a good way.

3) Doing my living of something i love.

if i can be famous and be really big...better.

Plus, playing at Woodstock 99 can't be bad for business.

Didn't Alligator show some sort of interest in you too?

Yes, some years ago.

I don't want anything out of music. I play music for fun, I don't really have the ambition for a career in music, I'm more interested in film, politics, and teaching as careers.

Why are you exactly the same person as me?

I wonder that sometimes too. :lol:

That guys pretty good. However, I've only heard his cover of Led Zeppelin's Tea For One. Anyone wants it sent, just give me a shout.

That guys pretty good. However, I've only heard his cover of Led Zeppelin's Tea For One. Anyone wants it sent, just give me a shout.

Glad Joe is known over there! He's a really nice guy, I used to hang out with him in his dad's guitar shop all the time (Joe would pick out the best of the toys). He actually went to my first concert when I was 9.

I want too influence people and try not to be an arrogant prick about it at the same time.

But..you..are an arrogant prick.

;)

im sorry, do i know you? do you know me?, no so stfu.

:lol:

meow! get those claws away girls. If you're gonna have an argument...put some balls and effort into it

maybe if i ever come across him i should give him an arabian gas mask? :heart:

Notice the wink at the bottom.

Sorry you didn't realise I was joking and took it to the heart...

Fuckhead

OmG RlY!? A HoLE fciNG WInk? lULZ hOLy SHIT1 i r soRRY!1

To make a million dollars, then spend half a million on some kick ass buds n' the other half on cocaine.

This guy knows how to shop!

Someone's gotta know how it is. Ain't nothin' wrong with a lil' addiction, as long as you don't let it get in your way.

:book:

Whatcha reading about?

If you've got the mindset that you won't become/let the addiction get in your way, you'll be fine. It's worked for me.