What do you want out of music?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to do something different, and that is bringing old fashioned rock n' roll back

If you literally mean Chuck Berry rock n' roll, then that is something different.

There's LOADS of bands trying to bring back Aerosmith/Kiss style hard rock, but none are successful in the mainstream, except for the recent success of Buckcherry and the classic metal influence in some of Avenged Sevenfold's music.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

I want to do something different, and that is bringing old fashioned rock n' roll back

If you literally mean Chuck Berry rock n' roll, then that is something different.

I've been thinking that when I get a chance to play with a rehearsed band, I want to do some Chuck tunes, just to show how it's the same team and all. It would really add to our repertoire.

To make a million dollars, then spend half a million on some kick ass buds n' the other half on cocaine.

This guy knows how to shop!

Someone's gotta know how it is. Ain't nothin' wrong with a lil' addiction, as long as you don't let it get in your way.

:book:

Whatcha reading about?

If you've got the mindset that you won't become/let the addiction get in your way, you'll be fine. It's worked for me.

Slippery slope, dude

I got one dead buddy, and a couple more acquaintances who'd argue with you there.

One of them told me the same thing, almost verbatim, one night in a bar many years ago.

but they ain't you, and I don't know you, so i wish you best of luck.

On topic.

I have everything I want out of music right now. I used to have a bunch of other ideas about what I wanted out of music, but when you boil it down, music is about feeding the soul. What feeds my soul is touring around in our van playing clubs with my three best friends, and seeing/feeling the connection with the people we play for. To me that's rock n roll.

I guess that'd be my version of playing blues on my porch.

Edited by angry anderson

I want to have fun. Music isn't a job for me, it's a hobby. I love playing and plan to use my talents to pay my way through college, but I want to be a Senator, not rock star. If musical fame happens, cool, but I'm not going for it and I would give up a musical career for a political one in a heartbeat.

To write an album thats just fucking kick ass from start to finish. Hard rocking tunes with the odd ballad, with good solid guitar work. Not out to be the fastest guitar player there ever was or whatever but to write awesome songs.

I'd want to be highly respected for my music, not just a fame thing but to have fellow musicians, etc, truly respect my work. When that happens thats when you know you've made it.

Not much to ask for huh :P

Monty

To make a million dollars, then spend half a million on some kick ass buds n' the other half on cocaine.

This guy knows how to shop!

Someone's gotta know how it is. Ain't nothin' wrong with a lil' addiction, as long as you don't let it get in your way.

:book:

Whatcha reading about?

If you've got the mindset that you won't become/let the addiction get in your way, you'll be fine. It's worked for me.

I like your spending style aswell...well, i'm not into weed like, so i'd spend the other half a million on JD and a car to crash

The guitar is such an overused instrument nowadays anyway.

People dont seem to realize that little can be beautiful, still all these bands want to build huge guitar walls on their songs and trash the shit out of their guitars.

Dont get me wrong, I play guitar and I love it. But when I do my songs I hardly want to overuse it, basically I let it compliment the other instruments.

Heh, my dream is I guess become world famous. Doesnt everyone like to be world famous?