I know this doesn't go here....

GNR 1991

Dude going alone is awesome. I did it when I saw GnR and I got to watch the show front row.. it's a lot easier when you're alone to get through the crowd too!

You'll probably meet people anyway.. that's just usually what happens when everyone around you starts to invade your personal space.. you strike up a conversation. :huh:

But if you don't want to wait all day,plan to arrive around the time your ticket says the doors open...or even a half hour or so after that(you'll avoid the long line).

I went to Hammerstein in NYC about an hour after the doors opened and walked right in,found a great spot on the floor and was fine.

Are you serious? You arrived 30 mins. after the doors opened and still managed to get up front? I guess I am wasting my time standing in line then... :unsure:

Edited by PrettyTiedUp763

You will be fine but like Zinth61 said i wouldn't advise the pit for your first time, it can be brutal ;)

totally agree, have a seat and enjoy instead of pushing and sweat all over you (from other people) yuck,,,some guy even pissed right where he was standing at nyc. gross, the next time i go i will get a good seat

Just use your head.

Or elbow.

Seriously, you'll be fine. It's a GN'R concert, a rock concert, so there's nothing you should worry about. There probably isn't going to be a pit or anything. Just go to the field kiddo, if you're seated you'll miss all the action! rock3

Ok let my explain my thinkings about this topic: This whole world is dangerous- life is dangerous- think about wars,small children loosing their legs, they have really a cause for having fear, accidents,....there is so much shit going on in this world- today everybody is speaking about fear (in media, politics, the society- everybody says to us that we must have fear -that bad terrorists will throw a bomb on our head, that a comet is crashing in our house etc..but it could be possible that then people have so much fear about everxthing that they are perhaps missing the best events in their life - ) and really, a Gnr concert should definitly not be seen as dangerous- Im sure it will be a great evening for you- dont have fear- when you are there, then you will see what you want to do- go into the crowd, if you like- or take a seat, if you like- Im sure you are a smart person, so dont give too much thought to sth. in advance- you will see, you will feel, and that is what it shoul be a first concert: feeling the energy, feel the mood- to have a good time!

I have seen them about 14 years ago, and at least about some months ago- it was really wonderful- I wish you really a great evening.Im sure you will enjoy!!!!

Edited by cosmasophia

Some of you are making it sound like people kill themselves at the front.

Except in donington. Read my sig.

But no really you will be fine. I was fifteen when I went to their show (this summer) and all the trouble I had

was this drunk who wanted to hug me because I had such a cool GN'R shirt. Just get yourself drunk and it'll be easy. Well actually you shouldn't, if it is your first concert so you might want to remember something about it afterwards.

Anyway good luck to you and I hope it will be a great show. rock3