Bad news with ticket sales in Tampa!

dustindmnd2

Dude, it looks like after the presale AND the tickets being open to the public all day today the floor (standing room) is still not full in Tampa! This is bad news for GnR! For those tix not to fly out of the box office indicates that there is a pretty obvious lack of interest so far. How about a single to stir some interest?

Pubes.

Edited by dustindmnd2

Dude, it looks like after the presale AND the tickets being open to the public all day today the floor (standing room) is still not full in Tampa! This is bad news for GnR! For those tix not to fly out of the box office indicates that there is a pretty obvious lack of interest so far. How about a single to stir some interest?

Pubes.

this is not bad news. have you ever been to the times forum? it's a pretty big place. a lot of people don't like floors.

besides... they haven't even advertised ANYTHING for it. you can't expect 20,000 people to just 'know' that GNR are playing there and on the first day of ticket sales, buy them.

It kills me to say this - but any lack of sales of tickets can only be blamed on the " strategery " of the band's management in touring the US again without this fucking album being released. Why they would expect anything different than what happened in 2002 is beyond me. Yes the leaks came out and they toured overseas, but if this album was out and selling big for a least a month, and then the tour happened, the increase in interest and sales would be very noticeable

I've never heard anyone use 'genny' in place of 'generator'.

off topic

well make a long story short my drug addict brother stole the generator and gived it to a drug dealer for more drugs and my mom and dad had to buy the generator back from the drug dealer plus the cops was there and the drug dealer did not go to jail and pasco county cops r so dumb and the drug dealer hide the generator so my mom and dad never got it back and plus we only use the generator when a tropcial storm or a hurricane comes

and that why i can not go to the tampa concert cause of my dumbass brother

i got my tickets saturday morning and just bought the 50 dollar tickets one level up from floor. i had floors when they were supposed to be here back in 2003..... im a huge fan but management should be happy they are sellin any tickets considering how bad they screwed up the last tour.....i just hope Axl doesnt spazz like he did last time and cancel the tour cause they dont sell out everywhere like they did in europe

i went to Velvet Revolver last year and they weren't even close to sellin out...... not a huge rock following in Tampa i guess. Aerosmith and ACDC sold out when i saw them but it was mostly older people at the show....

i got my tickets saturday morning and just bought the 50 dollar tickets one level up from floor. i had floors when they were supposed to be here back in 2003..... im a huge fan but management should be happy they are sellin any tickets considering how bad they screwed up the last tour.....i just hope Axl doesnt spazz like he did last time and cancel the tour cause they dont sell out everywhere like they did in europe

i went to Velvet Revolver last year and they weren't even close to sellin out...... not a huge rock following in Tampa i guess. Aerosmith and ACDC sold out when i saw them but it was mostly older people at the show....

Hey, I bought the 50.00 tickets also, I thought they were floor tickets? You mean we're up in the stands?

• 1 month later...

Hey all.....

Who would really want to be on the floor in a general admission concert anyway?

Standing on a cold cement floor of seven hours is just NOT cool.

"Fighting" to get close to the stage....I'll get an elbow to the ribs from some drunk fool. Hopefully I'd be drunk enough not to feel it.

My wife is only 5'4, so she would not stand a chance at seeing anything.

I'm surprised that they would opt for that set up considering the history of the band (fight, riot, crushing etc.).

Maybe they are making more money off of it cuz the venue doesn't have to spend many hours setting up and tearing down the seating set up?

Needless to say in Auburn Hills, I'll be watching from the seats. Nice and relaxed.

D

I'm surprised that they would opt for that set up considering the history of the band (fight, riot, crushing etc.).

Because lots of people (me included) are younger than you, and find seats boring as hell to sit in. If I go to a rock concert, I want to be standing up in the pit rocking the fuck out and enjoying the music.

I don't want to be sitting "Nice and Relaxed" in a seat, thankyou. ;)

I've never heard anyone use 'genny' in place of 'generator'.

off topic

well make a long story short my drug addict brother stole the generator and gived it to a drug dealer for more drugs and my mom and dad had to buy the generator back from the drug dealer plus the cops was there and the drug dealer did not go to jail and pasco county cops r so dumb and the drug dealer hide the generator so my mom and dad never got it back and plus we only use the generator when a tropcial storm or a hurricane comes

and that why i can not go to the tampa concert cause of my dumbass brother

Off Topic:

My fam calls it a genny (maryland, from DC originally)...weird

Anyways, I hope the concert went well last night even with poor attendance.