Best band going today.......GNR

JAxlMorrison

For the record, I wanted to reassure all the Guns fans that hey, despite all the criticism, look, Axl has put together the best band today, let alone in history, the history that they will make.......my example? Well firstly, look the the liner notes, and realize the songs Axl has written.......Rocket Queen.......One In A Million.....Don't Damn Me......Estranged..........and those aren't even the "pop" hits.

"Better", "The Blues".........we all know what those songs can do if introduced to this generation properly....

My point is, who is this current generations "real" rock bands........I can only think of a few........give Audioslave, Velvet Revolver, Chili Peppers, credit, ok............they suck. Look, we want them to be good, we want them to be great, but they just aren't. Admit it. You will feel better.

I rarely post here, and what inspired this rant? Well, one, GNR's impending tour. I saw them at the Hammerstein on the 12th, and I am like a crack addict. If it is up to me, I will see them in NY, NJ, Massachusetts, Baltimore...........Axl is just the best there is.

Back to it though, how many people young, old, and how many of you champion Tool? Look, I saw them tonight in Camden, and it literally may have made me quit ALL concerts other then Guns. If this is what is considered "art" or at least "thought" rock or at least a band who gives more of a shit then Nickelback, Three Doors Down, etc........if this is the "competition?

Axl, what have you been so scared of for ten + years...........you could have buried a lot of bands, a lot of my wasted radio listening time.........brother can you imagine some of these jokers actually blew up?

In closing, Maynard stinks....I saw it first hand..........If Axl never hibernated, God........do you know how different things would be?

Here's to the return of rock..........and here's hoping that Axl really does have 3 or so albums waiting in the mix........not only do we need it, but listeners everywhere do...........

Jay Feeney

feeneymojo@hotmail.com

You cant forget Nine inch nails and Judas priest. Ever heard of dragon force or Sonta Arctica? There is plenty of great rock out there if you look hard enough. Oh and Audioslave doesnt suck its just a super group and people expect more from them. I dont listen to Tool so I cant say

I think the topicwriter has a great point. One that I have been making many times over the last couple of years.

U2, for instance, is the biggest band around these days. They have been that big for a few years now.

This is only because there has been no GnR (no Metallica).

The world needs the return of the superbands. And GnR was the definition of that.