Major League Baseball

W. Axl Kev

Guns N' Roses are also delighted to announce that they have partnered with Major League Baseball Advanced Media (MLB.COM) to provide their fans with premium ticketing opportunities and up to the minute information on the tour and the band's other activities via gunsnroses.com which will be launched as of tomorrow.

I think this is a great choice as this is a huge sport in America. Am I right in saying that GN'R commercials will air during breaks at televised baseball games? If so it is sure to bring a lot of attention to the GN'R tour in America!

We finally know what the ''great'' promotion tactic will be and I personally think it is a wise choice and one I certainely never thought of. Any thoughts?

GnR and a brewery makes more sense to me,I'm not getting the baseball connection.

But hey...whatever gets the band in the spotlight!

I don't think the connection is the point as much as it gets the name out. The 2002 tour FAILED in america, which my belief is a cause of poor promotion. MLBs playoffs will be a huge medium to ge the GNR name out.

I'd prefer a deal with the NFL for weekend exposure on FOX, CBS, and NBC.

Football is America's new pastime.

I tend to agree. Althoughm maybe it comes down to ratings. I wonder what gets higher ratings, MLB Playoffs, or NFL Regular Season? I'm sure NFL RS destroys MLB RS, but MLB Playoffs are probably another story.

I'm certain we will see GN'R ads during baseball games. Surely that is part of the deal. Maybe some of those ads will trickle on to NFL telecasts, especially if the network that airs MLB is also one that airs NFL on Sundays. Or GN'R could just buy some ads during NFL telecasts that are separate from the MLB deal. If nothing else it would be smart for the album to be promoted during an NFL Sunday on at least the Sunday prior to release and on the Monday nighter. Guess we'll see soon enough.

More Rock fans watch Baseball instead of other Sports......White trash, Metal-heads, Mullet-heads, you name it :lol: Baseball and NASCAR is the best choice of Sport for a Rock band to promote their product!

I have to agree, with the post season upon us GNR will have kids to grandparents watching .that's a large market covered. Not all will care about GNR but some will and some maybe turned on to GNR for the first time because of this. I think it a step in the right direction. have to let people know about the tour,CD,the band.

All the press release says, is that premium tickets and tour info are going to be provided on gunsnroses.com. There isn't any indication that there will be anything GN'R related on any MLB broadcast or during commercials. MLB will be providing the ticket and tour info that you'll see on the GN'R website, so checking MLB.com for anything GN'R related is a waste of time. Major league baseball advance media is a subsidiary of MLB and they run the websites for the individual teams.

All the press release says, is that premium tickets and tour info are going to be provided on gunsnroses.com. There isn't any indication that there will be anything GN'R related on any MLB broadcast or during commercials. MLB will be providing the ticket and tour info that you'll see on the GN'R website, so checking MLB.com for anything GN'R related is a waste of time. Major league baseball advance media is a subsidiary of MLB and they run the websites for the individual teams.
Guns N' Roses are also delighted to announce that they have partnered with Major League Baseball Advanced Media (MLB.COM) to provide their fans with premium ticketing opportunities and up to the minute information on the tour and the band's other activities via gunsnroses.com which will be launched as of tomorrow.

After reading it again I think you are right. There is no indication GN'R are going to have anything to do with the MLB Playoffs. This is about MLB Advanced Media providing ticketing and tour related info for GN'R's website. That is all it says. MLBAM is likely a subsidiary of MLB. All GN'R is doing is outsourcing a couple of things that need to be done on a tour to a company that specializes in these things. That company just happens to be under the MLB umbrella.

So yeah, I think we need to rein in our expectations just a bit. I mean, they might advertise during the MLB Playoffs - but that is not what this press release is about.

I tend to agree. Althoughm maybe it comes down to ratings. I wonder what gets higher ratings, MLB Playoffs, or NFL Regular Season? I'm sure NFL RS destroys MLB RS, but MLB Playoffs are probably another story.

I'm certain we will see GN'R ads during baseball games. Surely that is part of the deal. Maybe some of those ads will trickle on to NFL telecasts, especially if the network that airs MLB is also one that airs NFL on Sundays. Or GN'R could just buy some ads during NFL telecasts that are separate from the MLB deal. If nothing else it would be smart for the album to be promoted during an NFL Sunday on at least the Sunday prior to release and on the Monday nighter. Guess we'll see soon enough.

Baseball games are on every night somewhere, though.

More Rock fans watch Baseball instead of other Sports......White trash, Metal-heads, Mullet-heads, you name it :lol: Baseball and NASCAR is the best choice of Sport for a Rock band to promote their product!

But do you think GNR should be targeting the rednecks and mulletheads anymore? They will probably show up whether you target them or not....look at the crowds on the Poison tour. :P GNR should be targeting the mainstream youth of today imo. The ones that are currently listening to Fallout Boy and Panic at the Disco. Targeting them will allow GNR to have longer term sustainability with regards to relevancy.

After reading it again I think you are right. There is no indication GN'R are going to have anything to do with the MLB Playoffs. This is about MLB Advanced Media providing ticketing and tour related info for GN'R's website. That is all it says. MLBAM is likely a subsidiary of MLB. All GN'R is doing is outsourcing a couple of things that need to be done on a tour to a company that specializes in these things. That company just happens to be under the MLB umbrella.

So yeah, I think we need to rein in our expectations just a bit. I mean, they might advertise during the MLB Playoffs - but that is not what this press release is about.

I remember earlier in the season, Jimmy Buffett and MLB agreed to something similar to this. I don't remember seeing any commercials about Jimmy Buffett's new concert DVD on television during games, but there was something up on MLB.com for a month or so about it. It was on the front page of the main website, and after clicking the link, it brought you to what basically was a multimedia page about the DVD. That page featured information about the DVD, video previews, and an interview with Jimmy that was done on MLB Radio. So, maybe that's what will be done with GN'R and the new CD.

First, in America it goes NFL, Tiger Woods, then Major League Baseball or NBA dependind on the season as far as sports go. If you don't believe me, watch Sportcenter on Monday and probably even the rest of the week and tell me where MLB is in the show. Even with the season dwindling down and a few pennant races being very close in baseball this year it still ends up AFTER football and Tiger Woods in America. Hell, the only time it doesn't is when the topic of steriods is brought up.

Second, Guns N' Roses associating themselves with any sport, or for that matter any corporation, makes me sad. I want the f-you Guns, not the let's play ball Guns. Don't get me wrong, i know Welcome To The Jungle is going to be played at every football game, but i don't want to see Axl performing at the SuperBowl. Hell, i loved Aerosmith, but seeing them on stage with Britney Spears and the other boy band that was there made me want to puke. I guess it comes from the fact i still like the idea of Guns being against the establishment, not with it.

Third, heavy exposure is not necassirly a good thing. All you have to do is look at Mission Impossible 3's numbers to see that being run non-stop during a sport's post-season doesn't mean you're going to break some sort of records. For that matter, if anyone think's being exposed on MLB's post-season games is a great thing, i suggest counting how many FOX shows that were advertised at nauseam during the post season the last few years survived.

Fourth, the last tour bombed because it's not a true Guns N' Roses line-up and there is no CD out there to show how the new band would sound. That coupled with the fact that my 1 ticket cost $75 leads me to believe that the price was too high for most people who didn't know what they'd be getting. It also didn't help that anyone giving a honest review of a show in 2002 would say they sounded like a very good coverband with a singer who just didn't quite sound right.

Finally, regardless of what i said above, i'll be amazed if this association is nothing more than a link on the MLB website or at most a GN'r ad on one of the back walls for an inning. It's not going to do jack for ticket sales as there are only 3 things that would make tickets sell better which would be to lower the price, release the damn CD already or have a reunion tour.