Chinese Democracy -wich song should be on the record?

Sjakalen

MADAGASCAR-Has nothin to do with Rock and Roll and its just a poor song wich people outside the die-hard fans will find week and nothin moore. Remember that members here have heard that song in almost 5 years, but most people arent like us. I hope its not on the record

THE BLUES- 2001 version is very good and a real GNR song. (could easily have fit into the use your illusion era). The 06 version is a disaster, but if they put the 01 version on it will be quite good. I hope its on the record.

CHINESE DEMOCRACY-OK song, but not revolutionary. Dont belong to a really good record. The song is a little bit to simple but ok. I hope its dont on the record.

IRS -Some of the good old sound in this song. Absolutely a good song. But i hope its a little bit faster when the finally version is out. I hope its on the record.

BETTER-Good song with a big potential. Would be great if the intro/outro has changed. If the demo is the finally version, ill be thinkin: this could have been so much better. I hope its on the record if the intro is changed.

TWAT-One of Axls favoruites. But maybe one of the worst new songs. Boring and all thos minutes with just guitar playing is to much if people should like this song. This song is dead meet to me, has realy low potential. Should not be on the record what so ever.

CATCHER IN THE RYE- Very good song with alot of good parts and awesome guitar work. This song is also something that could fit in to the illusion days. I Hope it will be on the record.

SILKWORMS,RHIAD and OH MY GOD- oh my god is ok, but not great. The other ones is not good enough to be on the record.

Remember that the public hasnt heard the material like us.......

Thoughts?rock3

Edited by Sjakalen

MADAGASCAR-Has nothin to do with Rock and Roll and its just a poor song wich people outside the die-hard fans will find week and nothin moore. Remember that members here have heard that song in almost 5 years, but most people arent like us. I hope its not on the record

THE BLUES- 2001 version is very good and a real GNR song. (could easily have fit into the use your illusion era). The 06 version is a disaster, but if they put the 01 version on it will be quite good. I hope its on the record.

CHINESE DEMOCRACY-OK song, but not revolutionary. Dont belong to a really good record. The song is a little bit to simple but ok. I hope its dont on the record.

IRS -Some of the good old sound in this song. Absolutely a good song. But i hope its a little bit faster when the finally version is out. I hope its on the record.

BETTER-Good song with a big potential. Would be great if the intro/outro has changed. If the demo is the finally version, ill be thinkin: this could have been so much better. I hope its on the record if the intro is changed.

TWAT-One of Axls favoruites. But maybe one of the worst new songs. Boring and all thos minutes with just guitar playing is to much if people should like this song. This song is dead meet to me, has realy low potential. Should not be on the record what so ever.

CATCHER IN THE RYE- Very good song with alot of good parts and awesome guitar work. This song is also something that could fit in to the illusion days. I Hope it will be on the record.

SILKWORMS,RHIAD and OH MY GOD- oh my god is ok, but not great. The other ones is not good enough to be on the record.

Thoughts?rock3

In before the ban.

WTF man...your a fool. There Was a Time is brilliance...your a fool. Shut up.

Change the final version of TWAT and I'll start snapping necks.

i diddnt say change it-sorry Axl but TWAT is rubbsh. Do you realy think that the public eye finds this song brilliant??

rock3

Edited by Sjakalen

Thoughts?rock3

In before the ban.

People get banned for having opinions now do they?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally, I'd have to disagree with the original poster on most points:

1. You haven't heard studio Madagascar or any studio version of The Blues so don't judge them. Just compar live Better and IRS to the demos and you can see the studio potentional of Maddy and The Blues.

2. The Better intro is fine on the record if a bit faggy sounding live. Just because it's industrial sounding, who cares? Don't be expecting bluesy based hard rock like Appetite because that's not what you're gonna get AT ALL with CD.

3. TWAT isn't crap at all, I think TWAT could be a great song and it has the most potential but I feel the demo is too muddled... it just doens't feel very cohesive. But yeah, don't condemn it yet.

- Madagascar is great, my fave new song. Though Axl's 02' voice suited it better.

- The Blues is a keeper too. Again, 02' voice suited better.

- IRS and Better are of course good songs, really want to hear finished versions.

- The TWAT solo's make that song, they are the main reason to listen to that song.

- I like Silkworms and Rhiad :)

Silkworms and Oh My God will not be on the record. Though I remember some talk in the past about a newer version of Oh My God on CD. CITR is also not supposed to be on CD, though it will be on a future release.

You don't know that

Yes I do. We know for a fact that Silkworms and Rhiyad will not be there. Read the rest of my post more closely before responding in a manor not fitting.

- Madagascar is great, my fave new song. Though Axl's 02' voice suited it better.

- The Blues is a keeper too. Again, 02' voice suited better.

- IRS and Better are of course good songs, really want to hear finished versions.

- The TWAT solo's make that song, they are the main reason to listen to that song.

- I like Silkworms and Rhiad :)

Dizzy Reed said in an interwiev that Chinese Democracy would change the music. Not one of the songs that we have hard will not do that. I just think most fans will be unhappy if Madagascar is one of the "hits" of the new guns record.

If you like silkworms and rhiad i think you have listening to thos songs so many times that in the end your mind is fucked up.

Like me and every die hard fan out there we have been listing to this material so many times and the songs have grown. When people out there will hear the new material they dont listen to those songs 1000 times. If TWAT is one of the best tracks i bet my ass that CD will flop.

Anyway there is just demos and live material still so there is hope..but i dont think that Axl will win beck the rock world if all of the new songs reach the record. I hope hes holdin beck the big guns, but if the blues, twat and better was the big guns i feel we can get a big dissapointment....only time will show rock3

Obviously you're not as musically inclined as most people. :huh: Normally guitar solos are what make alot of songs so great. Especially TWAT since it has one of the best solos on the new songs, imo.

Thoughts?rock3

How can you like Oh My God better than Madagascar? Madagascar has been out there awhile but still has the potential to be the biggest song off this album. When I first heard it 5 years ago, the first thoughts that went through my head were it sounds like something off the UYI... it's got the whole bigger than life sound, the string instruments, good lyrics, Axl wailing. Oh My God doesn't sound like GNR, it sounds like a NIN song... but a lot worse than NIN. Shouldn't have been released. Hope to God its not on the album.

Love The Blues, TWAT, Catcher, IRS... should be a good album no matter what.

WTF man...your a fool. There Was a Time is brilliance...your a fool. Shut up.

Change the final version of TWAT and I'll start snapping necks.

i diddnt say change it-sorry Axl but TWAT is rubbsh. Do you realy think that the public eye finds this song brilliant??

rock3

Sjakalen, yer a retard...you shouldn't be allowed to open topics! :lol:

some one please ban corcky!

I agree that in the end of the song there is a great solo. Totally awesome. But the rest of the song isnt good. TWAT is a ballad, and compere it to November Rain and Estrange wich is the old ballads. You cant compare TWAT to those songs.

Other ballads like Breakdown feks, but people expect more then that when CD finally hit the stores. especially since it has been in 10 year of making.

Im worried since Axl told Rolling Stone that TWAT was hes favourite. I just cant understand it, and i think that all others then die hard fans, none critical know what i mean!

But as i said Catcher and parts of Better are amazing!

I agree that in the end of the song there is a great solo. Totally awesome. But the rest of the song isnt good. TWAT is a ballad, and compere it to November Rain and Estrange wich is the old ballads. You cant compare TWAT to those songs.

Other ballads like Breakdown feks, but people expect more then that when CD finally hit the stores. especially since it has been in 10 year of making.

Im worried since Axl told Rolling Stone that TWAT was hes favourite. I just cant understand it, and i think that all others then die hard fans, none critical know what i mean!

But as i said Catcher and parts of Better are amazing!

It's easy, you are NOT a musician, so you're at a lower level of musical knowlege. Musicians like me enjoy good intros, solos, vocals, percutions, bass lines, etc... on a track. TWAT has a really good formula. Axl is a greate musician who enjoys tracks that are better than the common mainstream overrated songs. For example, You Could Be Mine has a higger level of guitar work than Welcome To The Jungle. But people enjoy the most popular one.

Any way, Any of the already listened tracks except for Silk Worms, Just Another Sunday (the worst one) or Prostitute should be on the record.

"Axl Rose is a man of the world" B)

LOL.

I said there is many good new songs, but i dont like Madagascar or TWAT. Its not going to change the music at all. Their simple and a littlebit boring both of them. Its not a paradise city, NR or Used to love her quality.

What about all that bullshit talking in the end of Madagascar.Totally freeking me out.This is not a vritical topic, i just said there is many good songs, but many of them is not good enought to be undet the name Guns N Roses.

"Axl Rose is a man of the world" B)

LOL.

I said there is many good new songs, but i dont like Madagascar or TWAT. Its not going to change the music at all. Their simple and a littlebit boring both of them. Its not a paradise city, NR or Used to love her quality.

What about all that bullshit talking in the end of Madagascar.Totally freeking me out.This is not a vritical topic, i just said there is many good songs, but many of them is not good enought to be undet the name Guns N Roses.

I agree that the speech parts in Madagascar could be taken out and I wouldn't care. I don't mind either way, though. Anyways, I think the fact that TWAT isn't like NR is what makes it so good. It's not just another piano/guitar ballad. It has a twist to it. My opinion, though.

I would prefer ALL the songs on Chinese Democracy to be NEW.

Madagascar, Blues, etc. are 5 years old right now, and should be released as soundtrack songs outside the main album.

:P In a way I agree with you, it would be nice to hear something other then what we've heard for the past 5 years. On the other time in extremely egar to hear studio virsions of them and it seems like they would fit on the CD so perfectly.

my opinions,

love twat,

better rocks, but hope they change the into,

love the blues,

maddy sucks major dick.

CD sucks major dick

IRS could be good if it speeds up, it's boring at the moment.

CITR good song

i like oh my god, could be a good rocker if you kill the industial.