I Want To Bond With The Members..

Ridin' the Nightrain

Bond may not be the right word. Stick with me.

The ONLY band member I feel I 'know' somewhat is Bumblefoot. Now, this is partly because of the fact I've met him (wonderful guy, as you'd expect), but also because of his constant communication with the GN'R fans via Myspace.

Aside from Ron...I can't say I've ever heard from the other guys. At Download festival Tommy said a few words to tell the crowd to calm down (something I was cheering him on for - I was there) and to apologise for hitting a crew member by mistake, but that's it. I have no idea what Fortus, Finck and Brian sound like.

The chemistry these guys have on stage is AMAZING, you can see they're really bonding and they do look like a band, but I'm not quite feeling it yet. Don't get me wrong, I don't see them as 'hired guns', but the fact these guys NEVER talk make it hard to really see them as an equal of Axl, and more importantly it makes it harder to like them.

Yes, the playing is the most important part, but this is my favourite band, I want to know about these guys and get a glimpse of their personalities. Aside from Ron, I can't do that at the moment..

So, do you agree? Do you think the reasoning behind them not getting much time to talk is because the CD stuff is all hush hush? Will they EVER speak?

(Hopefully this won't turn into a 'they're hired guns and they have to be silent for Axl's ego' shit thread etc)

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.

Do you think they should be speaking onstage? :huh: If so, why? I don't recall Duff and Izzy chatting or ranting onstage in the old days.

As for interviews, Tommy gave a ton of interviews when he was promoting his solo album. Remember all of the "hair's breadth away" comments? :tongue2:

As for the other members, I would guess they'll be giving interviews once there's an album to promote. Right now, they have nothing to promote, and can't really talk about GNR's past music because they had nothing to do with creating it.

Do you think they should be speaking onstage? :huh: If so, why? I don't recall Duff and Izzy chatting or ranting onstage in the old days.

As for interviews, Tommy gave a ton of interviews when he was promoting his solo album. Remember all of the "hair's breadth away" comments? :tongue2:

As for the other members, I would guess they'll be giving interviews once there's an album to promote. Right now, they have nothing to promote, and can't really talk about GNR's past music because they had nothing to do with creating it.

On-stage or off, I don't really care. The focus always seems to be on Axl. I'm interested in these guys, I want to see what they have to say about things. I too think it's because of the fact they want to keep things about CD hush hush, so after the release I'm hoping they might hit a few chatshows/radio stations..? Just hearing their views on how well the European tour went down or something would make me happy right about now. Anything.

It's true that aside from Slash no-one really talked in the old days on-stage, so I won't hold that against them.

Haha. Yes, I do remember Tommy's promises now actually. I must admit I'm glad he's not still doing that! :P

Edited by Slash's Appetite

I do wish that the other members would step into the limelight and talk in the microphone...introduce the songs...just become "equal" to Axl. It would then become a band that would not only destroy the competition in todays music, but a band that could compete with any of the classic bands....they need to release ChiDem and also have the other members step up during shows and make themselves known to ppl.

At first everyone will be very "oh fuck this guy where's Axl" but soon enough people will get to know these guys and maybe even like them more than Axl....kinda like the old band....

and in the end that would be the peak of success...to in 25 years have "Axlites" and "the Fortus Few" arguing on mygnr

Slash at the ritz 1988-"This song isn't anything about sex or drugs it's just about a walk in the park. This is something called Nighttrain." it isn't word for word but I think if Finck, Fortus, Ron or Tommy did that it would be very refreshing.

Edited by GOLDEN

I speak to Richard reguarly and he is a great guy. I think these guys just know something is about to happen, and they will then have the freedom to do what they want with regards to interviews etc. At the end of the day, everyone in the GNR camp is as nervous as us about the release, worried it may not come out, scared to say something that may piss Axl off etc etc.... so the next few months will hopefully bring some changes.

With regards to Ron, we are very lucky that he was 'asked' to join GNR and therefore did so on his own terms. Axl needed him (or someone like him) more than Ron needed Axl/GNR. Ron has always been very interactive with his fans and that's how he wanted it to stay. We are so lucky to have him as part of GNR.

I think Robin will always be elusive. It is part of his persona that he has built up around himself. It will make people be more intrigued by him and accept him as someone who is doing his own thing.

well, you can hear Robin's voice if you ever watched the Sossego video :)

and if you want to know more about them as human beings and not just members of GN'R you can visit their websites..

at least Richard and Robin both have one, and especially Robin's site gives you an interesting view of how he thinks, and what are his interests and his view of life, really cool site with photographs he took around the world, etc..

Richard's site: http://www.4tus.com/

Robin's site: http://robinfinck.com/

Edited by angel of music

With regards to Ron, we are very lucky that he was 'asked' to join GNR and therefore did so on his own terms. Axl needed him (or someone like him) more than Ron needed Axl/GNR. Ron has always been very interactive with his fans and that's how he wanted it to stay. We are so lucky to have him as part of GNR...

I totally agree. Both onstage and off, Axl made a great choice in choosing Ron.

.. I think Robin will always be elusive. It is part of his persona that he has built up around himself. It will make people be more intrigued by him and accept him as someone who is doing his own thing.

Actually, Robin is one of the most friendly people you'll ever meet when you bump into him somewhere. He's humble when you give him compliments - and very cool. Not rushed, Not arrogant -- totally cool. I've been a Robin fan since his NIN days. I think he has an amazing cerebral outlook on life and art - as seen through his creative website and insightful pics.

He adds a new dimension to GNR - both musically and creatively. jmo.

I agree with Madison on this. I'm sure when the album comes out and they start promoting it we will get plently of interviews with all the guys. At least that is what I am hoping for.

Actually, Robin is one of the most friendly people you'll ever meet when you bump into him somewhere. He's humble when you give him compliments - and very cool. Not rushed, Not arrogant -- totally cool. I've been a Robin fan since his NIN days. I think he has an amazing cerebral outlook on life and art - as seen through his creative website and insightful pics.

very true. i bumped into him and spoke with him briefly in vegas before the shows. he took the time to talk with me a little and sign my tickets and he was very humble. the look he gave me when i told him he was my favorite guitarist was just priceless :) something i'll never forget. He's a good guy.

I agree with you madison, you too, king dick! (sorry i dont know your first name) 'bout what you said about robin.

he seems like a really humble, down to earth...hippie...lovin' life kind of guy.

this will actually be my first time seeing gnr live, as well as robin perform live in november in toronto. i can't wait!

i've been a robin fan since the early NIN days as well. i missed him on the self destruct tour..cuz..i was like...12 at the time, lol. then when the fragility tour came around, i didnt get tix in time (my brother, however went...insert jealousy here) and then when gnr came to toronto in 2002 (in/around there anyway) i was in college and missed out as well.

now i have my chance! G/A too! i'm so excited : )

-Heidi

band? i think you mean 'rock and roll all stars supporting axl on this tour.'

but i agree. those guys deserve the chance to be rock stars too. it's hard to think of them a a band when all you ever see or hear is axl, axl, axl, axl, axl, axl, axl...

i sorta feel like axl and merck don't have a lot of faith in the new guys to connect with the audience or 'be' guns n' roses. i know axl's the main attraction, but if they want anyone to accept these guys as GnR, then we're eventually going to have to hear something about them as artists and what they bring to the band.

izzy, slash and duff all had very distinct personalities and you can feel their touches in the songs. that's one of those things that makes a band great.

the rock n roll all stars thing is just how these guys are being introduced as members of GNR to the public. Look up what Axl said at the Cukoo club gig in London about these guys being Guns N Roses and what anyone who disagrees can go do. :)

With regards to Ron, we are very lucky that he was 'asked' to join GNR and therefore did so on his own terms. Axl needed him (or someone like him) more than Ron needed Axl/GNR. Ron has always been very interactive with his fans and that's how he wanted it to stay. We are so lucky to have him as part of GNR...

I totally agree. Both onstage and off, Axl made a great choice in choosing Ron.

.. I think Robin will always be elusive. It is part of his persona that he has built up around himself. It will make people be more intrigued by him and accept him as someone who is doing his own thing.

I actually agree with you.... I think the way I wrote it may have come across differently to what I was thinking in my head.

I think what I was trying to say is that his hippy/quiet/shy/mellow thing is part of his personality that will actually help him be accepted by the wider world outside the GNR online community. People like an intriguing character.

So, do you agree? Do you think the reasoning behind them not getting much time to talk is because the CD stuff is all hush hush? Will they EVER speak?

I have emailed and received a reply from Mr. Richard Fortus.

Anyway, I think that this band needs to create their own artistic integrity on their own music - eg: Chinese Democracy. So, until that happens, there won't be a lot of public interaction with them.

You can have great contact with Robin through art... I have sent him many paintings and pictures, and it is so rewarding when he understands where you are coming from and posts your work on his site.

but then not everyone is artistic as you i mean i cant draw at all but your work is awsome

You can have great contact with Robin through art... I have sent him many paintings and pictures, and it is so rewarding when he understands where you are coming from and posts your work on his site.

but then not everyone is artistic as you i mean i cant draw at all but your work is awsome

You can also write to him... He just likes to hear normal people talk about normal things they have to deal with in life. Anyone can talk about that and share it with him.

Thanks for the compliments on my work. Some of it is on his site if you check it out.

You can also write to him... He just likes to hear normal people talk about normal things they have to deal with in life. Anyone can talk about that and share it with him.

Thanks for the compliments on my work. Some of it is on his site if you check it out.

what's his address? as i son't have it

go to www.robinfinck.com and look around, it will sho you ways to talk to him.

go to www.robinfinck.com and look around, it will sho you ways to talk to him.

thanks. not a bad site