Chinese Democracy TV ad/promo Sightings

Axl Rose aka God

I was watching a music video and then a commercial break occured. Random crap as usual right? WRONG

All of a sudden I see an arena on screen...and then it faded to black and showed the Guns N' Roses Logo of today..and it said in front "A Legacy..." then "REBORN" flashed on the screen. Then a Snoop Dogg Video came back on. This was the first time I saw it. I'm not sure what song was playing the background, but it sounds REALLY Close to the Madagascar song I saw on YouTube. Anyways can anyone verify that they also witnessed it for me? This was around like..maybe 6:50 Eastern

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ :lol: :lol: !!..

dude..your sig is hilarious..

but, then..I can feel for ya.. :(

awww fuck..

I was watching that damn next show..

and, then turned it off to come online...

I would of missed it anyways..

I think Direct Effect, or someshit is on..and, I dont usually watch that..

but, this could be the start of promotion..

maybe somebody caught it, and recorded it..

or, Im gonna be watching MTV for the rest of the night.. :lol: .. :huh:

Yeah, MTV for the rest of the night... on my birthday...

.... amazing.

I'm glad I stayed up tonight.:)

Yeah people have been reporting "sightings" of this for a while now.

Incidentally and I didn't post it as I thought no one would probably believe me at the time I saw an interesting and IIRC unmarked MTV2 commercial featuring Chinese people overlooking a ship in a docking bay. I think they were unloading guitars, but I could be way wrong on this - even though it was during the afternoon. This was about two weeks ago. Any thoughts?

Speaking of this, the other night on MTV or MTV2 I don't know, I seen a commercial with a big boat docked, and an army of chinese people carrying guitars with a slogan. It was late so I don't know what it said. Afterwards I was like "Wha?" I linked the two things together "chinese people" + "guitars" = "CHINESE DEMOCRACY". I haven't seen it since.

I'm glad I stayed up tonight.:)

Yeah people have been reporting "sightings" of this for a while now.

Incidentally and I didn't post it as I thought no one would probably believe me at the time I saw an interesting and IIRC unmarked MTV2 commercial featuring Chinese people overlooking a ship in a docking bay. I think they were unloading guitars, but I could be way wrong on this - even though it was during the afternoon. This was about two weeks ago. Any thoughts?

dont tell me.... chinese democracy starts now????????

jajajajajajaj.... just kidding

^ :lol: :lol: !!..

dude..your sig is hilarious..

but, then..I can feel for ya.. :(

awww fuck..

I was watching that damn next show..

and, then turned it off to come online...

I would of missed it anyways..

I think Direct Effect, or someshit is on..and, I dont usually watch that..

but, this could be the start of promotion..

maybe somebody caught it, and recorded it..

or, Im gonna be watching MTV for the rest of the night.. :lol: .. :huh:

Yeah, MTV for the rest of the night... on my birthday...

.... amazing.

DUDE! We got the same b-day! Happy birthday!

I was watching a music video and then a commercial break occured. Random crap as usual right? WRONG

All of a sudden I see an arena on screen...and then it faded to black and showed the Guns N' Roses Logo of today..and it said in front "A Legacy..." then "REBORN" flashed on the screen. Then a Snoop Dogg Video came back on. This was the first time I saw it. I'm not sure what song was playing the background, but it sounds REALLY Close to the Madagascar song I saw on YouTube. Anyways can anyone verify that they also witnessed it for me? This was around like..maybe 6:50 Eastern

I would love to believe this, but seeing that RedEurope posted one of his stories again, and Jackamo "confirming" it makes it seem like bullshit...

Edited by Spoon87

Speaking of this, the other night on MTV or MTV2 I don't know, I seen a commercial with a big boat docked, and an army of chinese people carrying guitars with a slogan. It was late so I don't know what it said. Afterwards I was like "Wha?" I linked the two things together "chinese people" + "guitars" = "CHINESE DEMOCRACY". I haven't seen it since.

Yes - you saw it too!? :)

I kinda figured it was advertising some music award show though.:o:( I only saw the damn thing once so I can't remember enough to report more.

I would love to believe this, but seeing that RedEurope posted one of his stories again, and Jackamo "confirming" it makes it seem like bullshit...

Well Said :krider:

the hell? i just read this, we seen the same thing! sweet!

is there anyone with any credit left on their name able to back us up?

then we might be getttin somewhere.

although it was probaly just a wierd coincedience (sp?)

Well Said :krider:

Oh FFS I know what I saw.:anger:

I also believe it was for a music award show and not for Chinese Democracy.:o:(

come to think of it, there might of been a mtv logo with a lady robot voice saying "mtv" or "mtv2" or "mtv3" whatever. But still, CHINESE PEOPLE WITH GUITARS!

I looked desperately at this commercial I only saw once for any logos - like "GN'R" or "CD" - but I could see nothing.:( In fact I believe they even said it was for some kind of music award ceremony at the end of the commercial; that's when I gave one of those GN'R fan trademarked sighs of disappointment.:)

It could still have been a loose MTV(2) reference to Chinese Democracy though so you never know.:o:)

We've now got around 3 for the Legacy Reborn add, and 2 unconnected stories about the same Chinese people add.....I don't think this is BS, dude, whether or not the chinese roadies have anything to do with GNR
this smells like a steaming pile of BS

12189930_s.gif

"Now do I detect a negative Nelly in here?"