The Official MMA (Mixed martial arts) Thread

vulgar

Yeah, that Ortiz-Shamrock fight was pretty sweet. Shamrock got the shit knocked out of him. I'm not into the whole UFC thing, but a friend of mine is and he's always watching it so I'm familiar with a few of the fighters. The Liddel-Couture fights were fucking awesome.

*edit*

Oh yeah, if given the chance, I would like to kick Joe Rogan in the face about 20 times.... what a little bitch.

Edited by santana

I'm amazed that you could talk about the best guys in MMA without mentioning

Fedor Emlianenko

Mirko Crocop

Wanderlei Silva

Alex Emlianenko

What do you think of the proposed fight between Chuck Lidell and Silva? It looks like the UFC is doing everything they can to stop the fight from happening now short of just pulling out. At the moment, there isn't anyone in the world who is better than Silva in that weight division and I think that the UFC is realizing that it's only going to hurt them to have their top guy get his ass handed to him by Silva.

The problem that the UFC has, is that the Pride just has a lot more money and they've been able to get most of the top talent from around the world to come to them. The open secret about Pride has been that a lot of the "investment" they've gotten in the past has come from groups involved in organized crime in Japan, so that might hurt them in the long term.

I'm amazed that you could talk about the best guys in MMA without mentioning

Fedor Emlianenko

Mirko Crocop

Wanderlei Silva

Alex Emlianenko

What do you think of the proposed fight between Chuck Lidell and Silva? It looks like the UFC is doing everything they can to stop the fight from happening now short of just pulling out. At the moment, there isn't anyone in the world who is better than Silva in that weight division and I think that the UFC is realizing that it's only going to hurt them to have their top guy get his ass handed to him by Silva.

The problem that the UFC has, is that the Pride just has a lot more money and they've been able to get most of the top talent from around the world to come to them. The open secret about Pride has been that a lot of the "investment" they've gotten in the past has come from groups involved in organized crime in Japan, so that might hurt them in the long term.

I didn't know that about Pride, interesting.

Also, are the Pride and UFC video games any good? :unsure:

Monty

talk about the mma (ufc, pride, etc.)

You mean human cockfighting???

Necks.............!!!!! <_<

Yes, we're talking about the sport that has yet to have one single fatality or serious injury unlike boxing and most other contact sports.

The reality of the opposition to MMA, is that it comes from people like john mccain who are in the pocket of the boxing lobby. Boxing promoters see MMA as a threat and they send their boy out to spread his lies.

Yes, we're talking about the sport that has yet to have one single fatality or serious injury unlike boxing and most other contact sports.

The reality of the opposition to MMA, is that it comes from people like john mccain who are in the pocket of the boxing lobby. Boxing promoters see MMA as a threat and they send their boy out to spread his lies.

Human cockfighting a sport????????????? HA!!!!!!!

I guess you can line-up bar room brawling with blacktop basketball, sandlot baseball, and sandlot football.

And don't compare human cockfighting to boxing, nevermind the marketing part about it. Boxing is a craft and the "MMA" or whatever you want to call it has no craftsmanship. It's BRAWLING!!!!!

Human cockfighting and "sport" should never be used in the same sentence. The same goes for NASCAR and whatever else you rednecks seem to think.

Edited by da_illest_in_402

Mma sports events are amoung the best governed in the sporting world, fighters are trained to very high standards as are event officials.All participents know the risks for themselves and apponents.

95% of people in the sporting world are against it because it will over take their chosen sport.

The dedication shown by mma stars is un-believable and should be respected by all who watch one event.Simple facts are if you watch mma bouts and understand the rules and conviction of athletes and officials you can only appreciate what you are watching.

I guess you can line-up bar room brawling with blacktop basketball, sandlot baseball, and sandlot football.

And don't compare human cockfighting to boxing, nevermind the marketing part about it. Boxing is a craft and the "MMA" or whatever you want to call it has no craftsmanship. It's BRAWLING!!!!!

Human cockfighting and "sport" should never be used in the same sentence. The same goes for NASCAR and whatever else you rednecks seem to think.

It's pretty clear that you have absolutely no idea of what you're talking about, and your only reason for posting in this thread and many others is to cupcake.

Your beloved boxing usually consists of two guys punching each other in the head and hugging. MMA is a blend of all the main martial arts, wrestling and aspects of boxing. MMA fighters learn to delivers punches, kicks and knees from muay thai kickboxing, throws and takedowns from freestyle wrestling and a myriad of submissions and that doesn't even begin to address the defensive moves that must be learned in order to prevent take downs and submission attempts by their opponent. That takes a lot more work and expertise than blindly throwing punches at someones head until one hits.

FYI, my mother is Puerto Rican and my dad is Jewish, which means I hardly fit the word "redneck." Which means that your racist slur against me was as accurate as the nonsense you posted about MMA. It would be good if you actually watched some MMA and developed an opinion of your own instead of relying on the misinformation of the media.

It's pretty clear that you have absolutely no idea of what you're talking about, and your only reason for posting in this thread and many others is to cupcake.

Your beloved boxing usually consists of two guys punching each other in the head and hugging. MMA is a blend of all the main martial arts, wrestling and aspects of boxing. MMA fighters learn to delivers punches, kicks and knees from muay thai kickboxing, throws and takedowns from freestyle wrestling and a myriad of submissions and that doesn't even begin to address the defensive moves that must be learned in order to prevent take downs and submission attempts by their opponent. That takes a lot more work and expertise than blindly throwing punches at someones head until one hits.

FYI, my mother is Puerto Rican and my dad is Jewish, which means I hardly fit the word "redneck." Which means that your racist slur against me was as accurate as the nonsense you posted about MMA. It would be good if you actually watched some MMA and developed an opinion of your own instead of relying on the misinformation of the media.

Your race has NOTHING to do with it. You can be puerto rican, mexican, vietnamese, BLACKanese, Human cockfighting eeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr MMA, appeals to necks. I used to work at Dave & Buster's and everytime they throw an event, the showroom is full of necks that can't speak proper english, get drunk and act like idiots. Don't tell me. I've seen it in person. I've been to sanctioned events and I also have been to bars where anybody in there can sign up and they match you up with someone in your weight class to fight. Then they made it illegal..........thank God.

Like I said, no CRAFTSMANSHIP in MMA.

It's not a sport........it's BRAWLING.

Like I said, no CRAFTSMANSHIP in MMA.

It's not a sport........it's BRAWLING.

your a fuckin moron...dont like MMA then dont fuckin post in this thread :fuckyou:

MMA fighters dedicate their lives to the sport. Their training is so grueling and I have the up most respect for these fighters

Edited by AxlRoseHaulsAss

MMA fighters dedicate their lives to the sport. Their training is so grueling and I have the up most respect for these fighters

You say that as if there are no dedicated atheletes with "great" stories in boxing..........or any pro sport for that matter. Do your homework................moron!!!

UFC.........is nothing more than bar-fighting.