The Official MMA (Mixed martial arts) Thread

vulgar

UFC 72 to take place in Belfast, Ireland!!! :o

According to FightNetwork.com, the Odyssey Arena in northern Ireland will host UFC 72.

“… we have confirmed though various employees there that [uFC 72] be held at the Odyssey Arena in Belfast on June 16. The Odyssey currently hosts the local ice hockey team in the Belfast Giants, and in that capacity, seats a modest 10,000 spectators (that number could rise with floor seating added). For British fans, Belfast is a trip across the Irish Sea, but to put things into perspective for our American readers, the flight is similar to that of Las Vegas to Los Angeles and budget airline operations between Britain and Ireland may mean that a lot of the Brits will travel for this show.”

Awesome news as im a big MMA fan! :D

talk about the mma (ufc, pride, etc.)

I like Hoyce (SP?) Gracie and George St. Peirre.. whatever happened to the Russian bear oleg? That dude was bad, I remember him gettin pissed at john Mcarthy for stopping the fight and telling the interveiwer "In russia we do not stop because of little cut.. in russia we fight til it's over".. something to that affect.. he was a bad sum bitch

Wow! Big upset tonight, Mirko Cro Cop got knocked out first round by Gabriel Gonzaga by head kick.

That was brutal, see his leg when he landed as well :shocked:

Monty

I watched the fight with my dad and brother(he is a big UFC fan) and we were all shocked by that head kick. :shocked:

Wow! Big upset tonight, Mirko Cro Cop got knocked out first round by Gabriel Gonzaga by head kick.

That was brutal, see his leg when he landed as well :shocked:

Monty

Yeah, that was disgusting. Did you see how his toes were touching his ass when he was on the ground? Sick. I thought for sure he would have broken it, but he stood there and talked with Joe Rogan, and was able to get back to the locker room on his feet.

I hate to say it, but Gonzaga is going to beat the living shit out of Couture. :no:

Yeah, that Ortiz-Shamrock fight was pretty sweet. Shamrock got the shit knocked out of him. I'm not into the whole UFC thing, but a friend of mine is and he's always watching it so I'm familiar with a few of the fighters. The Liddel-Couture fights were fucking awesome.

*edit*

Oh yeah, if given the chance, I would like to kick Joe Rogan in the face about 20 times.... what a little bitch.

I'll bet Joe Rogan would kick your ass..lol..

Im tipping Rampage to knock Chuck out.

What would be interesting is to see rampage take light heavy weight title then to see what Ortiz thinks of taking rampage on.

Its gonna be sad to see Coture lose his belt in his first attempt at defending it :(

Yeah, that Rampage looks like a fucking maniac. I think that will be the one loss that Lidell won't be able to avenge.

And as much as it pains me to say it, I have to agree with you on the Couture fight. Gonzaga is going to tear him up. :no:

Man I still can't get over it, even after they re-played it two million times right after the match. Fuck... look at how Cro Cop's leg gets bent underneath like that. :scared:

Just like, out cold. What a kick.

Here's another good one, Sean Salmon get knocked THE FUCK OUT by Rashad Evans.

Salmon was out cold for at least 3 minutes. The guy's toes were curled up and everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahk3YEQ2LD0

Man I still can't get over it, even after they re-played it two million times right after the match. Fuck... look at how Cro Cop's leg gets bent underneath like that. :scared:

Just like, out cold. What a kick.

Here's another good one, Sean Salmon get knocked THE FUCK OUT by Rashad Evans.

Salmon was out cold for at least 3 minutes. The guy's toes were curled up and everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahk3YEQ2LD0

Night night... lol

Rashad is the man, I can't wait to see him fight tougher opponents such as Tito or Jardine again.

Ortiz will take him.

They fight in june i think.

Yeah either June or July, Tito can finish fights and Rashad is still finding his skills in the octagon so Tito would likely win even if it was by a close decision. A better fight then Rashad vs Tito would be Bisping vs Tito, now that fight would be amazing!

Rashad is the man, I can't wait to see him fight tougher opponents such as Tito or Jardine again.

Ortiz will take him.

They fight in june i think.

Yeah either June or July, Tito can finish fights and Rashad is still finding his skills in the octagon so Tito would likely win even if it was by a close decision. A better fight then Rashad vs Tito would be Bisping vs Tito, now that fight would be amazing!

Im a huge fan of both but i have to admit that would be a great fight, Tito would have his hands full at least