Unauthorised Documentaries re-released in GNR Collecter's Box

goldfinger19

NOTE: This release is just the two old documentaries, Sex, Drugs, Rock N' Roll and Axl Rose: The Prettiest Star packaged into one box - highvoltage

From Blabbermouth.net:

Chrome Dreams has set a January 30, 2007 U.S. release date for GUNS N' ROSES' "Collector's Box" (cover), a two-disc set "which tells the complete and extraordinary story of GUNS N' ROSES using never-before-seen performance and interview footage, interviews with close friends, fellow bandmates, family members, music biz colleagues, and close collaborators who know them best," according to a press release. "It features numerous location shoots, unpublished photographs and a whole host of other features. Extras include digital interactive discography, interactive quiz and 'Did you know?' section."

"Collector's Box" was originally released in Europe in June. More information is available at Amazon.co.uk.

As previously reported, GUNS N' ROSES has postponed the first two shows of its fall U.S. tour. The Jacksonville, FL concert, which was originally supposed to take place October 20, is now scheduled for October 31, and the Nashville, TN show — previously slated for October 22 — will take place in January 2007 (date to be announced).

For a list of upcoming GUNS N' ROSES tour dates, visit the GNR fan site Here Today… Gone To Hell!

GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose has been saying that the band's long-delayed new album, "Chinese Democracy", will be out later this year.

GUNS N' ROSES' "Greatest Hits" collection, which was originally issued in March of 2004, was certified triple-platinum on April 11, 2006 by the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America) for shipments in excess of three million copies. The CD sold 12,000 copies in the United States last week alone (week ending October 8), bringing the total number of copies sold since its release to 3.2 million, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Edited by highvoltage

Yeah, I've got the Europe version of that. (found it in the imports in Sam Goody.) I like the interview disc, and it was funny to hear them get Axl's birthdate wrong as February 2nd, since that's mine. :lol:

You have got to be kidding me? I was thinking of buying it just for the unseen footage, but if they can't even get a birth date right, Forget it. <_<

The box is a total rip off - i bought it the day it came out over the net and no where on write up on the net say that it was two old documentary dvds (that i already own) in a new box! i basically paid £12.99 for a cardboard box cuz i already have the dvds!

Still - adds to the GNR collection i guess - put it down to experience!!!

Its Axl Rose The Prettiest Star and Sex N' Drugs N' Rock N' Roll in 1 box. I got it.

You serious??

thats just crap then,

sex n drugs etc. was pure crap to begin with,

the whole thing was just interviewing that tatoo artist guy,

talking about "the scene" in LA.

VH1 behind the music beats it hands down.

they need to release a box set 3 DVD on

THE MAKING OF CHINESE DEMOCRACY and the revolving door of musicians who took part.

There'd be a lot more than 3 disks.

1 disk per year lol

I don't think Axl and his many musicians have been working on this album as long as people think. I think there was a lot of fuck all going on for a lot of the years.

LP