Exclusive: More Juicy “Chinese Democracy” Tidbits

King Dick

Roll on Friday - I hope someone can post the article for us all :P

http://www.gnr2k.com/board/index.php?topic=259.0

The actual scan of the article is on that page, as far as I can see it doesn't say anything different from what the online article says-

Thanks for the link...are we sure that this is going to be the published article? :question:

Not sure, supposedly this is the scan that Gypsy Soul did that was removed originally but someone saved it-

You mean this?

rollingstonechidem.jpg

Yup, that <_<

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Sorry"? hmm... what's doom metal?

It's pretty heavy. Kinda gloomy. Has a sludgish sound to it. Can cross over into other genres such as black and death at times.

But I doubt it really is like doom metal. I can't believe Axl would make something like that. Unless he means the more mainstream version of doom - which isn't as heavy.

Ever heard of a band called Trouble? They started as a christian Doom metal band, but latter records proved them well adept to a more heavy/grunge/hard-rock sound, with Plastic Green Head and what i consider their most valiant and successful effort, Manic Frustration.

Doom is pretty cool if done the right way. There are still doomy elements in the above mentioned albums, but with more of a "rock and roll" twist to them. Just check out the song "The Eye", from PGH. It's a heavy fucking song.

/soapbox

record stores everywhere on Tuesday mornings...

Wide eyed fans huddled with their noses pressed against the glass,like kids looking in the toy store window at Christmas.

Store staff are either going to wind up insanely pissed off or bring forth a sadistic sense of humour and torture people! :tongue2:

OMGSH!!!!

Let's put 13 million dollars into a album, make fans wait a decade, and release it without anyone ever knowing it! that's genious!

Actually it is. This way it get's away from all the bullshit hype that goes with release dates.

Considering how well the GNR Great hits has sold with ZERO PROMOTION. 3million and counting so far. I think it is safe to say the new will sell crazy fast ones it comes out.

Also AXL may have used all his promo money to finish the album.

If they wanted to even due a half assed promo job one would be looking at millions of more dollars promoting a album that will sell itself.

DO you think U2 or Oasis or Metallica need massive campaigns to sell their CD. HELL NO.

Also maybe you herd of a little movie calls "THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT" THis movie sold because of the underground hype created on the web.

Trust me this is the marketing strategy.

I personally think the album will be released exclusivly on GnR's website in conjunction with I-TUnes and then the CD will follow in stores a week or 2 later. This will allow the album to come out without anyone being able to leak it first.

APPLE IS KNOWN FOR IT'S HORDING OF SECRETS.

OMGSH!!!!

Let's put 13 million dollars into a album, make fans wait a decade, and release it without anyone ever knowing it! that's genious!

Considering how well the GNR Great hits has sold with ZERO PROMOTION. 3million and counting so far. I think it is safe to say the new will sell crazy fast ones it comes out.

Greatest Hits had excellent promotion. TV ads all the time, a website dedicated to it, radio ads, etc.

OMGSH!!!!

Actually it is. This way it get's away from all the bullshit hype that goes with release dates.

If they wanted to even due a half assed promo job one would be looking at millions of more dollars promoting a album that will sell itself.

DO you think U2 or Oasis or Metallica need massive campaigns to sell their CD. HELL NO.

Also maybe you herd of a little movie calls "THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT" THis movie sold because of the underground hype created on the web.

I personally think the album will be released exclusivly on GnR's website in conjunction with I-TUnes and then the CD will follow in stores a week or 2 later. This will allow the album to come out without anyone being able to leak it first.

Releasing it digitally will NOT do jack shit. You know why? Sound recording software as well as burning it through iTunes. I can record from iTunes if I want, and in fact I did this recently when I bought the Evanescence song, "Call Me When You're Sober." I didn't want to burn it to CD and rip it back into iTunes, so I simply recorded the song and deleted the purchased one. And now I have a DRM-free version (recorded it in WAV and then converted it to AAC). The other option is that people who buy it from iTunes will have the right to burn it (unless there is some insane protection that has an expiration date where you can't burn the tracks until the CD is released in physical stores). If users were granted normal burning rights, they would just burn it to CD and rip it back to their computer, then (unfortunately) they'd upload it to torrent sites and other P2P sites.

Edited by GNRfan2008

I'll let you guys know at least a week before it's in the stores.

If not a week I will know the THURSDAY before. If they can sneak it by me they are doing what no band in history has done before.

I work in the industry. It cannot be done.

I have to agree.

It would be next to impossible to accomplish this without a leak along the way because so many different hands would be involved in getting the CD onto store shelves.

Guys - please don't diss htgth or any other forum.

Every forum has its own rules and directives. If they wish to delete the article, that's their choice.

We always post published articles. That's just our policy.

Axl isn't interested in fame, he just wants to put out a solid album. We've been waiting for years for this, its not like it needs heavy promotion.

I gotta disagree King Dick, I'm sure Axl cares about charts, but saying so wouldn't be very "rock n' roll". It needs heavy promotion, we've been waiting years for this and we don't need a FLOP.

Then you can go to a pop posers forum, cause rockers doesn't care about the stupid billboard (at least not as a primary thing).

There is a big diference between the musicians who make music with love and with no worries about the fame, and the musicians that are all in just for the money (like 50 cent) these ones are known as "fabricated-fuckers", "soulless-assholes" or "motherfucker-posers". I don't want to see Axl Rose on that group.

Well you got some information about it. From what I see is that the buzz is going to be huge if this thread is an indicator. I personally think everyone should at least buy two copies when It comes out. It will blow the world away! It will show the kids what real rock is about. Unfortunately I will not be around for some time after this week, I got to take care of some personal and business stuff for awhile. Life gets extremely busy some times but you just have to deal with it, you know what I mean. Peace.

Copy protection will always fail. Anyone can record an album real time through a 3.5mm jack. It's a slow way to do it, but it works.

Yep, I use Replay Music and have a Rhapsody subscription. That's how I get most of my music. It splits tracks automatically and even tags them automatically if you want it to. You can record in 128, 192, 256, and 320 kbps mp3 or WAV. I typically record in WAV, although Rhapsody's stream is either 128 or 160 kbps WMA or AAC if I'm not mistaken.

OMGSH!!!!

Releasing it digitally will NOT do jack shit. You know why? Sound recording software as well as burning it through iTunes. I can record from iTunes if I want, and in fact I did this recently when I bought the Evanescence song, "Call Me When You're Sober." I didn't want to burn it to CD and rip it back into iTunes, so I simply recorded the song and deleted the purchased one. And now I have a DRM-free version (recorded it in WAV and then converted it to AAC). The other option is that people who buy it from iTunes will have the right to burn it (unless there is some insane protection that has an expiration date where you can't burn the tracks until the CD is released in physical stores). If users were granted normal burning rights, they would just burn it to CD and rip it back to their computer, then (unfortunately) they'd upload it to torrent sites and other P2P sites.

You missed my point completly. If Axl wants to release the album without leaks the best way to do it is through the GnR offcial website or I-tunes. I am not saying he would do this to prevent people from ripping or burning it just to prevent people from being able to release the release date. Also prevent stores from selling it before hand. I went into Futureshop and they had the new Jeff Martin (Leader singer from THe Tea Party) out sitting on the shelves on Sunday when the CD didn't come out until Tuesday. When I got to the till they said they couldn't sell it to me beforehand as the till system prevented them from doing so. However the fact they had the CD beforehand on the shelves is just an example of what the artist has no control over. If they released the Album through the web first then that would prevent that type of thing from happening.

The fact is none of us know when it is coming out, if it will have a massive marketing campaign behind it etc.

The fact remains if they want to keep it under raps and just release it all at once then using I-tunes to do it makes perfect sense.

Axl isn't interested in fame, he just wants to put out a solid album. We've been waiting for years for this, its not like it needs heavy promotion.

I gotta disagree King Dick, I'm sure Axl cares about charts, but saying so wouldn't be very "rock n' roll". It needs heavy promotion, we've been waiting years for this and we don't need a FLOP.

Then you can go to a pop posers forum, cause rockers doesn't care about the stupid billboard (at least not as a primary thing).

There is a big diference between the musicians who make music with love and with no worries about the fame, and the musicians that are all in just for the money (like 50 cent) these ones are known as "fabricated-fuckers", "soulless-assholes" or "motherfucker-posers". I don't want to see Axl Rose on that group.

No, of course it's not Axl's primary objective, but yes I do think he cares about it. If you spent a decade making a record and saw it just die out in the Billboard charts when released are you telling me you wouldn't care? He's human for fuck's sake. I'm sure artistic merit is on the top of his mind, but knowing what Axl has said in the past, it seems that he does give a damn whether this album is a commercial success or not.

Besides, if this album fails then Axl's balls will fry under Universal Music Group's heat.