Will You Burn Copies Of 'Chinese Democracy' For Friends?

D-GenerationX

Look, no one buys CDs anymore.

The reason I say that is to get out ahead of the "but you are ripping the band off" arguement, because I want to take it in a different direction.

Because once the CD comes out, I will in fact buy it. And I am going to burn copies for everyone who asks for one. I am going to post it on message boards I go to where people ask me about the band.

Why? Because Axl's promotional skills are laughable, and we are going to have to do the legwork for him. It is we, the diehard fans, who are going to have to sell this thing to our friends and such and hope it goes from there.

So what do you think? Will you do similar things??

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason I say that is to get out ahead of the "but you are ripping the band off" arguement, because I want to take it in a different direction.

Because once the CD comes out, I will in fact buy it. And I am going to burn copies for everyone who asks for one. I am going to post it on message boards I go to where people ask me about the band.

Why? Because Axl's promotional skills are laughable, and we are going to have to do the legwork for him. It is we, the diehard fans, who are going to have to sell this thing to our friends and such and hope it goes from there.

Burn??

Ok Am i the only person left who think that burning cds is lame?

C'mon, 15$ is the average price for a cd!

I will make them listen to it but if they want it, they'll have to buy it!

No real GNR fan would download the album - let alone burn copies for friends. This album has taken almost a decade for Axl to put together: Clearly, he has put all of his heart, soul, time and energy into this project. So, for some little punk to come along and tell everybody he plans to download it and burn copies for pals - is just disrespectful, selfish, and wrong. Shame on you.

hell, no I won't!!! no hardcore Guns N' Roses fan would ever even think about that!!!!

will not burn it, seed it on internet, put it on the internet or anything, mostly send 2-3 tracks thourgh MSN Messanger to friends just to make 'em like Gn'R again

Two copies will be purchased...one goes in the house,one goes in the car.

I'll be recommending it to people,I'm sure of that.

I definitely won't be burning it.

All you have to do is pass your headphones to a friend and say "hey man,listen to this!"....once his/her little brain is melted,tell him/her to go buy it!

No real GNR fan would download the album - let alone burn copies for friends. This album has taken almost a decade for Axl to put together: Clearly, he has put all of his heart, soul, time and energy into this project. So, for some little punk to come along and tell everybody he plans to download it and burn copies for pals - is just disrespectful, selfish, and wrong. Shame on you.

What do you have to do to get the status of SUPPORTER and How in the hell did this asshole get it?

that is brutal, he should be stripped of his status

A8R

The only burning I'll do is so I can have copies at school, at home, and in my car.

I'll gladly let my friends listen to it but not steal it from me.

But even if you do burn copies for your friends, it's not a huge deal really. The band hardly sees any money from record sales -- they makes their fortunes from touring. You'd really just be ripping off the label, which truth be told hasn't done wonders for the band in recent years anyway. Haha.

Nope, will not burn copies of this masterpiece. I will buy three copies and store two away.

Rainman rock3

This is one album that I won't even consider burning for anyone. There is just to much at stake for the band for me to give it away. I will definitely play it for everyone I can and encourage them to buy it.

Besides, it will make an excellent Christmas gift if we actually see it this year.

... You'd really just be ripping off the label, which truth be told hasn't done wonders for the band in recent years anyway. Haha.

Not true. If the album doesn't make money - or fails to even break even - the label could easily dump GNR. And if that happens, we won't hear anymore music from the band. So, unless you want this album to be Axl's final swan song, I suggest you not try to "rip off" the label.

I'm gonna burn it for myself to listen to at work. No way am I bringing the original there, Nobody takes care of their CD's where I work, so I won't be mad if the burnt copy gets all messed up. But people are gonna hate me at work because I'm gonna listen to it non stop :P