New Track - "Better" - Used In Harley-Davidson Ad

captaint

Send for paramedics i think HTGTH is about to choke on Mercks dick.

The simple facts that a board can ask members to refrain from descussing a decent topic ( not a leak as such ) says it all really.

Proud to be a mygnr member rock3

If you like being censored feel free to keep posting or being told not to at HTGTH

I think collectively assaulting another forum is weak. There are GN'R fans just like you there!

Blame Merck, not HTGTH. Merck is the one who asked them to delete all topics related to the commercial.

But anyway, this is exciting and I cannot wait for the single to come out! rock3

So because Merck says it that makes it ok, nobody is forcing admin there to agree ;)

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT: Whoops, I was wrong about being able to download the trailer, the swf links to the video file to load externally, instead of simply containing both of them. Sorry for the stupid idea.

Ok, this is a long shot, but did anyone happen to save the page when the original commercial was up?

These things can be downloaded usually, if you have the address of the shockwave file, for example the PC commercial is at www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Media/flash/TV_Commercials/blacksheep.swf, and could be downloaded by creating a link and right clicking save as. The old commercial is probably still on the server, and I was wondeirng if anyone had saved the page, because it could probably still be viewed if we just had the address.

Edited by jah772

I am from HTGTH and would like to say to all the people that are "bashing" the forum - we are only refraining from discussing the ad because Merck personally asked us not to. Apparently this was supposed to be kept a secret until the commercial was actually aired. But seriously, stop acting like it's a communist party over there. :)

The HD ad was one thing. Speaking about Rollingstone magazine is also off limits :rolleyes:

It appears that anything that relates to real Gn'R news is disliked and deleted. BS is ok though :)

Edited by dobadog

I am from HTGTH and would like to say to all the people that are "bashing" the forum - we are only refraining from discussing the ad because Merck personally asked us not to. Apparently this was supposed to be kept a secret until the commercial was actually aired. But seriously, stop acting like it's a communist party over there. :)

When there's been two instances of debate being banned on information that is already in the public domain within a week, can you be surprised when people say that they're acting like communists? GN'R fans have stayed loyal to the band and have taken a lot of crap and we deserve better than this contemptuous attitude from management. If jarmo had a pair of balls, instead of being a worthless little assclown who gets his thrills from hiding behind his computer and banning people, he would have refused to do this.

Edited by Takeshi

When there's been two instances of debate being banned on information that is already in the public domain within a week, can you be surprised when people say that they're acting like communists? GN'R fans have stayed loyal to the band and have taken a lot of crap and we deserve better than this contemptuous attitude from management. If jarmo had a pair of balls, instead of being a worthless little assclown who gets his thrills from hiding behind his computer and banning people, he would have refused to do this.

I understand what you're saying, but HTGTH was on Sanctuary servers, and because of this Jarmo is basically forced to do what Merck says. If he doesn't, they'd cut ties with the forum.

I didn't want to turn this into a flame war between two different forums - I just find it sad that fans are bashing OTHER FANS. Because the people on HTGTH are fans just like you and I, and we've all been waiting a long time for this.

Personally, I think Merck is the one who is at fault. He personally told Jarmo to not let anyone discuss the topic. I mean, I don't see what the point is, but I suppose with time all will be understood!

.. id like to think im part of every GNR forum :unsure:

not just one :book:

............ OFF WITH HIS HEAD!

Same here. :)

I wish we could all get along! :(

It just don't work like that :rofl-lol:

Well, Im not assuming anything but what I tell you is that German Radio Stations wd. never ever dare to air something unauthorized. You can take that for sure!

i havnt read the whole thread yet but you guys know they pulled it on the harley website right?

Yeah I just watched the HD ad and its Paradise City. What a bunch of fucking punks. Its not like the damn song hasn't been in the public domain for months now. Its not the recipe for a nuclear bomb. this is really kind of a tease job for "the fans"

i havnt read the whole thread yet but you guys know they pulled it on the harley website right?

Yeah I just watched the HD ad and its Paradise City. What a bunch of fucking punks. Its not like the damn song hasn't been in the public domain for months now. Its not the recipe for a nuclear bomb. this is really kind of a tease job for "the fans"

I think Axl should fire Merky the cockroach! ...he's been a little prick with this stuff!

The simple facts that a board can ask members to refrain from descussing a decent topic ( not a leak as such ) says it all really.

If you like being censored feel free to keep posting or being told not to at HTGTH

I think collectively assaulting another forum is weak. There are GN'R fans just like you there!

Blame Merck, not HTGTH. Merck is the one who asked them to delete all topics related to the commercial.

But anyway, this is exciting and I cannot wait for the single to come out! rock3

I'm not going to bash the forum, I use it myself a bit. Jarmo can do what he feels he has to do. But it should be noted that there are quite a few posters over there that rag on mygnr all the fucking time. They have such an elitist attitude about HTGTH being superior than mygnr, which is a joke considering their threads can be just as silly as ours.

But I wonder what those people are thinking now (snicker, snicker).

Jarmo mentioned that the ad was posted prematurely, hence word must have gotten out to GNR management and they acted according. It's interesting how it now says for viewers to come back to hear GNR's new song 'Better.' This all indicates that something big next week is in the works. Couple this with word that stations are getting the single next week and you've got to figure we're a day or two away from something we've been waiting for 10+ years.

Cheers,

Andrew

Jarmo mentioned that the ad was posted prematurely, hence word must have gotten out to GNR management and they acted according. It's interesting how it now says for viewers to come back to hear GNR's new song 'Better.' This all indicates that something big next week is in the works. Couple this with word that stations are getting the single next week and you've got to figure we're a day or two away from something we've been waiting for 10+ years.

Cheers,

Andrew

Just how disorganized is GNR management and their dealings with other companies?

same here. i hardly ever post at HTGTH.

same here. i hardly ever post at HTGTH.

knock them all you want.. but at the end of the day, they are the board who is in GNR/Managements good graces. Theres a reason for that.