Izzy to be at MSG in NY?

admiral50

Am I correct in thinking that Izzy was at all the NY Hammerstein Ballroom shows? I think he was but am not sure. I know it might be too large a venue and grand an event, playing the special show at MSG, but if Izzy wants to market his new solo CD it only seems logical that he would be at that show. It of course also is a city I heard he has an apartment in, for whatever that is worth. So, Izzy should be in town more than likely anyways.

I am too young to know the answer to this so I am asking. Was Izzy afraid of large crowds or venues? Is that what the controversy was. Was he like a glorified Paul Tobias in a way maybe.

Izzy had a major drug problem that almost cost him his life, and it was probably difficult to be in the band and be around people who were still using while he was trying to get clean. He also had some friction with Axl and some people have said that he was getting tired of Axl being late for shows and generally screwing around, and being what Izzy thought of as unprofessional.

Also, Izzy never really wanted to be in the biggest band in the world. He wanted to just be a rock band.

That same conflict seemed to come out in the music too. Axl's bloated Cool Ranch Dressing and Dolphins direction for the band wasn't really a shared vision.

I also read that he didn't like Sorum's drumming that much.

Izzy's too cool for school.

cool ranch dressing.... I think it's actually "Cool and Stressing" but it's just pronounced like cool ranch dressing... other thing being Izzy wrote Pretty Tied up which is the song with that line in it. Don't get annoyed if i'm wrong lol.... just don't think i am. As for whether or not he'll be at MSG, you better hope so! It makes the concert sooo damn cool! It made Glasgow amazing!

Edited by Graeme