Frank & Brian Part 2

danieljay

For what its worth, I know for a fact that Frank is covering the remainder of the NA tour......He has been rehearsing with the band for weeks now.....so it didnt affect the setlist.....I am a close friend of someone who has known Frank for years since he played in the NY music scene, so if you dont want to believe me, thats cool. But after a few weeks go by and Frank is still the drummer, lets all remember this post.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well..

http://web.gunsnroses.com/news/article.jsp...s&fext=.jsp

Rose and his new lineup -- guitarists Robin Finck, Richard Fortus and Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal, familiar keyboard players Dizzy Reed and Chris Pitman, bassist Tommy Stinson and drummer Frank Ferrer –- tore through a more-than-two-hour set that included most of GN'R's classics plus a handful of eagerly anticipated new classics.

Mentioned the GN'R lineup.... no one mention of Brain, even if he is away on some other business.

Edited by Forsaken

For what its worth, I know for a fact that Frank is covering the remainder of the NA tour......He has been rehearsing with the band for weeks now.....so it didnt affect the setlist.....I am a close friend of someone who has known Frank for years since he played in the NY music scene, so if you dont want to believe me, thats cool. But after a few weeks go by and Frank is still the drummer, lets all remember this post.

I beleive ya man, seems like it would be pointless to lie. Don't be surprised if their are some cynical fucks that flame ya like there allready have been.

Welcome to the forum :shades:

A8R

Guest Edward Rose

Well you can remember THIS post too. Axl has 3 drummers, 3 bass players, 6 keyboard players, 6 guitar players and a miniature clone of Sebastian. (Didn't quite go perfectly to plan :)) Anyway, there will NOT be any Spinal Tap shit on this tour unless it's by design.

Frank is Brain's understudy, so it's not hard to believe that he's in the band fillin' in for our man, Brain.

exactly

i'm kinda curious to know if the primus tour has anything to do with this, it's at the exact same time and brain's been playing with primus a hell of a lot longer than GNR.

no, they already have a drummer secured.

Edited by ohmygod

i'm kinda curious to know if the primus tour has anything to do with this, it's at the exact same time and brain's been playing with primus a hell of a lot longer than GNR.

ah alright... do you know who, offhand?

ah alright... do you know who, offhand?

Tim Alexander

my take on this whole thing is this:

i reckon that the record company told axl and his management that if they are to play any part in this new gnr and chinese democracy era the way axl wants it....axl has to deliver one of two things immediatelly:

1. a succesful tour (i.e. complete the 2002 tour like it was meant to happen)

2. deliver the fucking album already.

so, in order to buy himself more time for the album, he goes on the road, to finish what he was supposed to have done in '02....and is just making sure that nothing (or no one) stands in his way....this may explain Frank being on standby most of the time, as it was known that Brain would be taking time out...

better that than to cancel shows, and bring the '02 sentiment back.

i also think this is the reason why we haven't heard much about the album yet during the shows, or anything else new from what we know already.....he's just finishing off what he started in '02.

stupid, i know, but it made sense at one point.

my take on this whole thing is this:

i reckon that the record company told axl and his management that if they are to play any part in this new gnr and chinese democracy era the way axl wants it....axl has to deliver one of two things immediatelly:

1. a succesful tour (i.e. complete the 2002 tour like it was meant to happen)

2. deliver the fucking album already.

so, in order to buy himself more time for the album, he goes on the road, to finish what he was supposed to have done in '02....and is just making sure that nothing (or no one) stands in his way....this may explain Frank being on standby most of the time, as it was known that Brain would be taking time out...

better that than to cancel shows, and bring the '02 sentiment back.

i also think this is the reason why we haven't heard much about the album yet during the shows, or anything else new from what we know already.....he's just finishing off what he started in '02.

stupid, i know, but it made sense at one point.

omg that somehow makes sense

you scare me :shocked:

no no no no chinese dem will come out this year

Does it really matter who is drumming?

well, not anymore...no....i suppose it would have mattered in the days of the old gnr....but now....i agree with you...who gives a shit....as long as they rock up...and play some music.

Does it really matter who is drumming? So long as he can play the songs and they don't cancel any shows, I could care less who it is.

See this idea alone is what GNR is morphing into. Studio muscian backups. A cover band. As long as Axls still singing then..it doesn't really matter who is backing him up.

I don't know about anybody else but I like to think of a band like a entity, a team and not some revolving door or cast of people.

(Note: Guns and Roses is like a box of choclates..you never know who your gonna get)

Not everybody goes to shows to see the singer. Some people including me wanna see how the other muscians are....thats why its supposed to be called Guns and Roses and not simply Axl and His Hired Guns.

Edited by rockerman

It amazes me how few people really understand just how badass a drummer Brain is. I mean, he is seriously one of the best and most versatile drummers to come on the scene in the last 20 years. I've been watching his instructional videos and shit for years, he can do some killer stuff.

Brain is to drums as Buckethead is to guitar. Seriously.