Oh My God

FunkyMonk

I don't love it or hate it. But the production is awful and makes the song sound muddy. If CD comes out and sounds like that, I'll be very disappointed.

I'd rather "Oh My God" not be on CD unless they made it sound better. Otherwise, use that spot for something new we haven't heard.

Edited by Sunn074

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrible song! If he puts this old baggage on Chinese Democracy it will be a big dissapointment.

ARE U GUYS SERIOUS? ITS THE WORST SONG EVER TOGETHER WITH SILKWORMS.. IMO IRS IS THE COOLEST OF THE LEAKS CANT WAIT FOR THE STUDIO VERSION!

firstly dude learn to type properly, secondly no need to use caps and thirdly everyone has an opinion of the new songs so dont take your opinion for fact

Terrible song! If he puts this old baggage on Chinese Democracy it will be a big dissapointment.

ARE U GUYS SERIOUS? ITS THE WORST SONG EVER TOGETHER WITH SILKWORMS.. IMO IRS IS THE COOLEST OF THE LEAKS CANT WAIT FOR THE STUDIO VERSION!

Actually, I love the song a whole lot better than I.R.S. I thought ppl didn't like it... It's a great song, the lyrics are brilliant and Axl's voice rocks! rock3

firstly dude learn to type properly, secondly no need to use caps and thirdly everyone has an opinion of the new songs so dont take your opinion for fact

sorry m' not judging anyone...its just sucks imo... by the way i played irs in one of our local pubs in africa and had a good responce. alot of the europeans living here didn't know gnr still exsists..

sorry m' not judging anyone...its just sucks imo... by the way i played irs in one of our local pubs in africa and had a good responce. alot of the europeans living here didn't know gnr still exsists..

dont worry about it dude... i played better to one of my friends who hates GN'R and she thought it was okay apart from the beginning singing from axl where his voice is all "whiny"

I have gotten used to OMG. When it first came out i was't so sure about it. It was't Gn'R enough for my liking, it sounded muffled. It felt like it needed to be performed by a band using standard instruments to create a song that sounded clearer. The lyrics are good.

Edited by dobadog

I have gotten used to OMG. When it first came out i was't so sure about it. It was't Gn'R enough for my liking, it sounded muffled. It felt like it needed to be performed by a band using standard instruments to create a song that sounded clearer. The lyrics are good.

i like the live version from RIR3 just sounds immense... nice sig btw

i love it and im sure i read somewhere that merck was angry that OMG was used on end of days because it was still only a demo version... would love to hear a full studio though

Umm, so whoever was producing the End of Days soundtrack, went and stole that demo for inclusion on the soundtrack? Gimme a break, I am sure that the band at the time would have had an opportunity to polish it up if they had wanted to. Nobody forced them to release that song.

If we are talking great as in Estranged, Coma and Breakdown etc, then OMG is not a great song on that level. As a b-side, sure but not in the upper level of Guns songs IMO.

hey im just saying what ive heard... geffen who did the soundtrack had a demo of the song and put it on without the knowledge of GN'R so it wasnt stealing as the Geffen already had the demo

one of the best gnr songs ever, honestly, this songs rocks hard.

!!!! You FUCKING SERIOUS?!?!?!?!?!? One of the best GNR songs EVER!!!! Yea, apparently a lof of people agreed with you, ya know judging by its success. NOT. Jesus, that song is fucking terrible. Lyrics are def good... but the rest is just trash. It's not a GNR song at all. It was an experiment by Axl to see if people would like the direction he wanted to take. OBVIOUSLY, no one did, so he's trying to get back to what made him the best in the world. Which isn't industrial crap.

Ive been listening to this song for a while now...and it is so awesome. just read the lyrics while you listen to it and it will hit you. some of the best lyrics axl has ever written....IMO.

:):):huh:

I really like this song. One of its downfalls it the over-industrial edge it has on it. I think it was over done in that aspect. It's a shame because if it weren't so industrial I truly believe that it could have been the next welcome to the jungle.

The lyrics are pissed off, it's got a bad ass melody, decent guitar solo, two bass guitars, axl yelling at his best and clearest...Fucking Pittman, he screwed it all up and even though I like Pittman enough, I think he may fuck up alot of the songs we here on Chinese Democracy.

I hope OMG is on there but re-done.

A8R