Cameras at MSG and East Rutherford

Kick13

At any concert it seems security no longer cares once you sneak the camera in. But at Hammerstein people were taking pictures and the security was up on it. Some guy took a pic on his cell phone and the security guy told him he'd take it if he didn't put it away. I dunno if they were more strict because of the particular venue.. or because of Axl's request.. :(

I'd love to take pics but I don't want my camera taken away.

when i went to velvet revolver my ticket said no cameras or recorders, but almost everyone there had a camera (except me:( )

but i plan on bringing mine when i see gn'r.

hide it in your sock or pant pocket if its small enough, thats whay my friend did when she saw alice cooper

MSG has no security or scanners. The security stands there and watches people walk in. Seriously. Just don't bring it in a bag.

They usually don't check very hard at MSG (except if you have a giant purse or something) but they do have a policy at the venue of no cameras. I guess it also depends on the act, Billy Joel allows cameras, I saw him twice there this year and people walked in with cameras in the open, including video. Other times I banded one to my leg and never had an issue getting it in.

The actual tickets don't say anything about no cameras at least for MSG they don't-

MSG has no security or scanners. The security stands there and watches people walk in. Seriously. Just don't bring it in a bag.

They usually don't check very hard at MSG (except if you have a giant purse or something) but they do have a policy at the venue of no cameras. I guess it also depends on the act, Billy Joel allows cameras, I saw him twice there this year and people walked in with cameras in the open, including video. Other times I banded one to my leg and never had an issue getting it in.

The actual tickets don't say anything about no cameras at least for MSG they don't-

They also have a no smoking policy but if you keep and eye on the floor they don't care.

I've been two a few shows at MSG in the past & their policy on cameras has always been tight from what I've observed. I'd think that they won't allow them

I guess being a woman they generally don't pat me down. When I go to concerts I usually bring a really small purse that a camera wouldn't fit in anyway so they usually just look in there and let me pass through not even thinking I might have one strapped under my jeans.

I go to a lot of concerts. Probably 4 or 5 at MSG just in the past year. Sometimes they barely even look at you when you walk in especially if it's really busy.

If you are worried, bring a disposable camera that you wouldn't care about losing. Don't try to bring in your super 6 megapixel digital because if you lose that to security you will be pissed, especially if your car isn't nearby to go put it in.

I guess being a woman they generally don't pat me down. When I go to concerts I usually bring a really small purse that a camera wouldn't fit in anyway so they usually just look in there and let me pass through not even thinking I might have one strapped under my jeans.

I go to a lot of concerts. Probably 4 or 5 at MSG just in the past year. Sometimes they barely even look at you when you walk in especially if it's really busy...

It definitely depends on the venue - the band - and even the evening. Sometimes MSG waves you right through without even looking at you. Other times they're more strict.

At the Hammerstein shows, they had a special line for women where a woman gave an all-out pat-down - checking purses and then patting down from head to toe. It was pretty ridiculous. I mean, the guy's line was moving right along -- and the women's line took ages to get through.

It depends on the vednue. We all know gnr don´t want cameras in their shows but in my case, in madrid I wasn´t even bothered by security. I didn´t have a camera but I could have gone with a gun or with a bomb because security didn´t even search. But in the concert in my home town men went to a line and women to another line and I found it odd because it was a festival. I was hand searched by a female security and she even opened my bag and put her hands in it to make sure I didn´t have a camera.

if they find you with a camera they will take you to the backroom and you will have to bend over and meet a nice german called Hans :shocked:

:shocked: Helga`s brother :scared: Damn, had her over me in Oslo this summer..... i still have nightmares when i see latex..... :scared:

So ur not allowed cameras to gigs in the US? thats kinda lame, i've never had any problem bringing cameras

No, it happens in GNR gigs in general, not only America but also in Europe. ;) We all know GNR don´t want cameras in their shows but it all depends on how severe the security venue is IMO.

I go to a lot of concerts. Probably 4 or 5 at MSG just in the past year. Sometimes they barely even look at you when you walk in especially if it's really busy...

It definitely depends on the venue - the band - and even the evening. Sometimes MSG waves you right through without even looking at you. Other times they're more strict.

At the Hammerstein shows, they had a special line for women where a woman gave an all-out pat-down - checking purses and then patting down from head to toe. It was pretty ridiculous. I mean, the guy's line was moving right along -- and the women's line took ages to get through.

As yes, at Hammerstein I felt personally violated after that search, hahaha! That woman was a tad rough! :o

all i know is security was very lax in london and glasgow and for one of the london shows, i was right up front against the barricade and no one cared i was recording the show. EVERYONE had cameras and cellphone cameras and were taking pictures - makes you giggle when you think about how seriously Axl took to cameras (ie st louis) and now everyone is taking pictures of him.