BEHIND THE CURTAIN WITH GN'R Discussion Thread

Vadin

the interesting thing is how everyone is jumping all over him because of his comments on "fans"...when its pretty clear that he's been out of the loop for so long that he doesn't really know what's the story here on these forums....

but the fact that no one gives a fuck about actual fact based info from Del is what's bothering me....there are so many juicy bits in that write up, my favorite being...

Guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal is also GN'R family. Prior to the European tour, auditions were held in Los Angeles but the band did not find the right guy to replace Buckethead. Truth be told, the band was hoping that Buckethead would come back and made very effort to make that happen. When it was apparent that Bucket would not be re-joining, the band had to move forward.

that even 4 YEARS after they officially anounced that Bucket was gone....they were still hoping this year that he would come back...wow....that means that mr. Brian Carroll left a stamp of note on this band, axl, and quite possibly, the album....i am quite glad to hear that, as I am a huge bucket fan.

also another interesting thing there (kaneda?) is that they DID manage to get a guitar player, and rehearse him, and teach him everything in less than two weeks, so he was ready for the tour....so it was possible...and they did do it...

good info...finally some clarity.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

list from one show to the next, or the tuning of Bumblefoot's fretless guitar, it's time to get a life. Disconnect from the Internet and reconnect with the real world.

My bus call is a few minutes from now. Time to pack my bags and reconnect with the real world of life on the road with Guns N' Roses.

FUCK YOU WHO ARE YOU?

YOU GOT NO FUCKING TALEN AND YOU TRY TOO RUBN IN THE FACT THAT YOUR WITH GNR.............YES I COME ON THE INTERNET BUT SOME IF US CANT AFFORD TO LEAVE THE FUCKING HOUSE AND JET OFF TO "STARDOM"

DEL FUCKING JAMES TRYING TO DISPAREGE THE LITTLE PEOPLK IS A REAL FUCKING LAUGH I WILL SPEN MY SPARE TIME DOING WHAT I WANT IF I WANT TOO COME H ERE COZ I AM EXITED ABOUT A SHOW I AINT EVEN AT ITS BECUASE I AM SUPORTING THE BAND YOU UGLY CUNT!!!!!!

I WILL DO WHAT I WANT IN MY SPARE TIME AND YOU ARE JUST LUCKY THATS ALL DONT GET ABOVE YOUR STATION YOU ARROGENT UGLY PRICK

It's 14:32 in the afternoon here in the UK and i'm laughing my nuts off reading that :D

Leave my room and get a life? Ok.... Arghhh the light of day it buuuuuurns!!!!

Seriously though what was Mr James thinking. I went to see GNR twice this year and visit this forum every day and consider myself a hardcore supporter.

I feel all rejected and need a hug... :(

Seriously though what was Mr James thinking. I went to see GNR twice this year and visit this forum every day and consider myself a hardcore supporter.

He wasn't talking about the gig-goers like yourself.

*hugs* :)

This thread made my day. :P

Great article, I especially loved the last paragraph. A nice big 'fuck you' to all the crazy, sad bastards that make up half the people on this forum.

P.S. I said long ago that Axl and co. tried their hardest to get Bucket back into the band for the best part of two years, hence the reason Bumblefoot joined the band only 2 weeks before the first gig. It's just nice to have that confirmed ;) Just a pity the mighty Bucked couldn't be persuaded :(

Edited by DCK82

He wasn't talking about the gig-goers like yourself.

*hugs* :)

yeah just the non gig goers like myself, i guess that counts for australia as a hole,

Del James is such an arrogant hooray for tolerance! sometimes. One minute the guy is spouting off how this is a dangerous unconventional spontaneous rock band hanging out and being dangerous. The next minute he is making excuses for people having to get massages and do yoga. Sorry but there is quite a bit of contradiction. You can't be a dangerous don't give a fuck what time we're out til drunken rock band and than sit in a room doing yoga and getting a massage. That is for spoiled rich rock stars.

Personally i don't care that Axl comes on at Midnight. I like that fact and think it is pretty cool but don't sit there and contradict yourself while sticking up for them. Either know he will be late or fuck off. Simple as that.....yoga massages...holy crap i think i am going to shit myself.

Here's a little insight for you -- a rock band has to do certain things in order to be prepared to hit the stage. It's a lot like a sports team warming up before hitting the field. Axl has to do his vocal warm ups or else he will blow his voice out. Guitarist Robin Finck has to do yoga-type stretching or else he's going to pull or tear a muscle again. Some of the band members need chiropractic adjustments or massage therapy. Others need to warm up on their instruments. The list is endless and every night something unexpected always occurs. There's a lot more to it than showing up, grabbing an instrument, and walking onstage. No one is interested in wasting your time or keeping you waiting, but the band goes on when it is 100 percent ready to go on and give it all that they have for that evening and not one minute before. The show starts when the band hits the stage and ends when the fin

Might I add as a Chiropractor myself .....how proud that line makes me! I met Axls Chiropractor a few years ago.

Edited by rockerman

VIEW FROM THE SIDE OF THE STAGE

By Del James

When certain former members of Guns N' Roses quit, like Slash and Duff McKagan, had they had their way that would have sounded the death knell for GN'R.

Guns N' Roses was never their original vision.

It has always been Axl's vision and drive to try to make the band as successful as possible without compromising the integrity of Guns N' Roses.

Source: Guns N' Roses.com

Why has this guy copied everything I ever posted on this forum? A coinkiedinkie? Nah, it can't be true. Everything I ever said was just BS. Who would have known that the definitive biographer and historian of GnR would echo the same words that I have.

Couldn't agree more with you Del James!

Where are all those Carlos Santana and MJ fans now?