How do you feel about the Del James press release?

Guest Matt13

How do you feel about the Del James press release?  

276 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Let's leave this poll up on the main forum at least for the rest of the day today. I think it's a pretty hot topic and I for one would like to see where most of this board stands in regard to this press release. I'm sure a lot of people aren't chiming in in the countless threads about it, so let's see who's really pissed and who's not.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I took offense in the fact that Del bashed the 'message board fans' who are the biggest fans in my opinion...he says that we need to get out and go to a show, but I live in Holland (and I did went to the show in Nijmegen in July), so I like to use these boards to keep up with the American tour, and to give my opinion on it.

Off course I didn't take offense, I couldn't care less about Del fucking James. It's not like he came up to me and said, face to face, that he thinks that I'm an idiot. It's just a stupid little text on the internet people!

Edited by st0n3r

I do take offence to a certain degree because while I know that you Matt will say that Axl owes us nothing, I believe he does owe us something. I'm not saying that you are wrong in your opinion on the matter because it is an opinion.

I think Del James' article went over the line because he told many fans who HAVE WAITED for a very long time to stop complaining. I understand the complaining here is in excess, but I also feel that complaining is needed in some areas where GNR are lacking. For instance, the setlist. I remember during the KROQ interview Axl saying that the setlist would change for the October shows, correct? Well, it's November and they didn't change. I also think Bumblefoot said the same thing. I don't have a problem with repeating setlists but I for one took what Axl said as being somehting to look forward to during October. I think Del James told many die hard fans who DO deserve this album and who DO deserve informaiton about the band to fuck off and stay home.

If I went off topic I am sorry, but I think Del James' article ties in a lot to whether or not the fans deserve respect and recognition for the wait. I think the tour in Europe was a big success and I think the tour in the US could be better but could be worse. But I think the fans deserve more than a tour after what happened over the past 10+ years. I think a few new songs for us Die-Hard fans or some information would be nice and for Del James to tell us to go fuck off is crossing the line.

Just my opinion Matt, keep rocking and keep making good posts.

Edited by GOLDEN

The Del James press release said nothing to me. They should have either posted some new live footage of the band onto the GnR site or a released a release date :)

I really have no interest in how the band warms up before a show. I would imagine that all bands in the same position as GnR warm up before hitting the stage.

Edited by dobadog

No offence what so ever. He is being a realist. The stuff i see sometimes here is hilarious. And the best part is people don’t even realize there doing it. The insight was nice. I did find the article surprisingly badly written though...

The only part that bothered me was the excuse for being 'late'. There not coming on late because Robin's hamstring is tight. They start late because Axl wants the fans to get agitated by waiting and waiting. Then when the fans are about ready to start throwing shit, the lights go down and they play "Jungle". All is forgiven at that point.

I do take offence to a certain degree because while I know that you Matt will say that Axl owes us nothing, I believe he does owe us something. I'm not saying that you are wrong in your opinion on the matter because it is an opinion.

I think Del James' article went over the line because he told many fans who HAVE WAITED for a very long time to stop complaining. I understand the complaining here is in excess, but I also feel that complaining is needed in some areas where GNR are lacking. For instance, the setlist. I remember during the KROQ interview Axl saying that the setlist would change for the October shows, correct? Well, it's November and they didn't change. I also think Bumblefoot said the same thing. I don't have a problem with repeating setlists but I for one took what Axl said as being somehting to look forward to during October. I think Del James told many die hard fans who DO deserve this album and who DO deserve informaiton about the band to fuck off and stay home.

If I went off topic I am sorry, but I think Del James' article ties in a lot to whether or not the fans deserve respect and recognition for the wait. I think the tour in Europe was a big success and I think the tour in the US could be better but could be worse. But I think the fans deserve more than a tour after what happened over the past 10+ years. I think a few new songs for us Die-Hard fans or some information would be nice and for Del James to tell us to go fuck off is crossing the line.

Just my opinion Matt, keep rocking and keep making good posts.

It's a fair opinion. I feel like we all deserve the album. If Axl opts not to give it to us though, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. It'd be such a waste though.

At the same time, I'm not worried at all about anything. Sure, it's been a long time... but I'm confident our patience will be paid off in the long run.... and that run is coming to an end. We'll be rewarded in the next few weeks... trust me. Likewise, of course Axl and the band care about their fans... people that read too much into that letter take it as 'the band hates all of us, well fuck them'. That couldn't be further from the truth.

Cheers.

Sure, it's been a long time... but I'm confident our patience will be paid off in the long run.... and that run is coming to an end.

Whether it now or in another 5 years, I'll still be dancing to rock music every day... so whenever it comes, I'll rock-out to it when it gets here.

Guest Edward Rose

My favorite part was this...

Recently, Bumblefoot and Frank played on a few tracks that will appear on Chinese Democracy.

Now who was it that told me I was a bull shitter?

My second favorite part is "Perfect Crime" on the alternate side of the set list (right)

listpg9.jpg

Edited by Edward Rose

I found Del's tone a bit condescending in parts, yes.

But what the hell did you expect? It may have had Del's by-line, but am I supposed to believe that anything and evrything that gets out does not have Axl's stamp of approval on it? Of course it does.

Truthfully, I was excited to get what we got. But that also speaks to the complete lack of anything that we get that a snapshot of a mixingboard setlist and a rose colored glasses view of the situation seemed like a such a gift.

My favorite part was this...

Recently, Bumblefoot and Frank played on a few tracks that will appear on Chinese Democracy.

Now who was it that told me I was a bull shitter?

My second favorite part is "Perfect Crime" on the alternate side of the set list (right)

listpg9.jpg

I for one told you that you were a bullshiter and I have never been so happy to be corrected in my life.

rock3

A8R

seeing how people reacted to this gives me better insight into why Axl is as reclusive as he is. that article was dead-on accurate and he gave us alot of info that us "fans" have been wanting. and what do we do? we bitch! that's what we do. (of course i'm using the universal "we")

bitching about set lists, release dates, advertising, blah, blah, blah..............

i don't see why it bothers people that they play the same set every night. each night a new crowd sees the show for the first time. it's new to them. and guess what? they don't wanna hear "TWAT" they wanna hear "Nightrain"! once the album is out, they will start playing more new songs. but until then they're gonna cater to the 95% of the crowd that came for the hits. not the 5% who've downloaded three different fan "remasters" of "Catcher In The Rye"!

give the guys some time. i'm sure they have a plan. before you know it, the CD will be out, the tour will be over and then what? i'm as anxious as anyone to hear the sure-to-be masterpiece that Axl has waiting for us, but i refuse to allow myself to get so worked up about all the behind the scenes goings-on. when you let yourself get to that point, where's the fun?

Edited by artfromtex

Guest Edward Rose
I for one told you that you were a bullshiter and I have never been so happy to be corrected in my life.

rock3

A8R

Cool. I still don't blame you for saying that at the time. And I can assure you, I'm happier than YOU that I was right.

And again, it really WAS just a hunch because of my experience in the biz.

One more thing... at the time BF said he's wasn't on any tracks, Axl probably didn't even tell him yet of his studio plans. Axl keeps everything really secret.

Edited by Edward Rose

Sure, it's been a long time... but I'm confident our patience will be paid off in the long run.... and that run is coming to an end.

Whether it now or in another 5 years, I'll still be dancing to rock music every day... so whenever it comes, I'll rock-out to it when it gets here.

that's about how i feel, too. well, except the dancing...... rock1